• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Top Ten Favorites

Good stuff right here. I, like Jake and Just Dave, like a handful of songs from different bands or artists. But lets see what we have here.

1. Easy for me is Lordi. Blood Red Sandman and Hard Rock Hallelujah are just amazing songs, HRH won Eurovision in 2006 I believe and not by a slim margin, they killed it. Blood Red Sandman is quite possibly their greatest song, but for some people they might think it is demonic. It isn't but I admit it kinda sounds like it. They are also from Finland and I can enjoy European rock.

2. Linkin Park. What can I say, Linkin Park is just the epitome of nu metal when they started out up through Meteora. Then Minutes to Midnight came and at first I wasn't a fan, but it grew on me and I can listen to that album just as much as the others.

3. The Offspring. Not much love for them I see, but I would say that along with Green Day, and probably a few others I may be forgetting, they brought back a big interest in punk rock in the mid 90s. Splinter is what really got me into them, even though it is nowhere near there best album. The album is hit or miss, but "The Noose" and "Spare Me The Details" are definitely two of the best songs from the album.

4. Metallica. They are definitely a huge band, and have my 2nd favorite song of all time in Fade To Black. Plus Enter Sandman was probably the best song Sandman, obviously, could have used and his entrances were awesome with it. They are still rocking and still creating some good music.

5. Spineshank. Their also a nu metal band, and had some great songs. Smothered and Beginning of the End come to mind. Smothered was nominated for a Grammy in 04, and is my favorite song from them. Beginning of the End was in Freddy vs. Jason, and that was where I noticed it, and turned me into a pretty big Spineshank fan.

6. Papa Roach. They are just a killer group. Their new stuff is ok, but in my personal preference, Infest is quite possibly their best album, with three great singles off of it. Between Angels and Insects is always a crowd favorite, and if you have not heard it I recommend it.

7. Bullet For My Valentine. What needs to be said about them? They are a very good metal group, and even though they have screaming in their songs, they still kick ass. Plus they are from the Wales, how is that not awesome? Lol.

8. HIM. They are a love metal band, but damn they know how to rock. I saw them in concert, and damn they blew me away. My brother turned me onto them about 6 or 7 years ago and they have always been there for me when I needed to listen to them. I don't know what it is, but Ville Valo just knows how to create great lyrics. Like Lordi they are also from Finland, another reason I enjoy their music.

9. Scorpions. Already said, but they just kick ass. Rock You Like A Hurricane is probably their best known song, but there is also Big City Nights, No One Like You, and Still Loving You. They brought a new element to hard rock, and was also one of the first bands to bring hard rock from Europe.

10. Disturbed. They are just a hell of a band. All of their albums have been awesome, but Ten Thousand Fists and Indestructible stand out for me. Great songs on both albums, Stricken and Ten Thousand Fists, as well as Deceiver and Perfect Insanity just to name a few. Plus they did Stone Cold's entrance music when he came back in 2000.

I listen to both Hip-Hop and Metal, so I will give a top 5 on each.

Hip-Hop

5 Eminem- One of the greatest lyricst ever, but the reason he is number 5 is becuase i'm one of those people who can't get over how good the Slim Shady and Marshall Mathers LP's were,and I pretty much use them as the measuring stick to all his work.I shouldn't but I do.

4 Eazy-E- I can't get enough of Eazy-E, he was a true pioneer of gansta rap,but what I loved about Eazy was his versatility, he could make gangsta songs to ride to(Real Mutha Fucking G's,Old school shit), songs that were telling stories, (No More Questions, Boys in the Hood) or something to just make you laugh(Still Talking Shit, Automobile)

3 Sage Francis- I know he isn't for everyone but this dude is so good at writing lyrics that it is unbelievable. I have all three of his studio albums and listen to them all many times and still can't hardly believe some of the shit he spits out.

2 Heltah Skeltah-I'm a sucker for gangsta rap, and rap groups so these guys really hit the spot for me. Like I said in Ty Burna's hip-hop thread they may not have a knack for story telling or be pure poetical genius,but for gangsta rap they are definitely impressive,and probably the best 2 man group out there.

1 Wu Tang Clan- There is really nothing more I can say except True hip-hop icons, and the definition IMO of East Coast Hip-Hop. I think Iv'e listened to just about everything they have put out together and have most of the members solo albums. I love Wu Tang all together but I have always fancied three members in particular, Inspectah Deck, GZA and RZA.

Honarble Mentions: Public Enemy, Bone Thugs,Tech N9ne, and Cage

Metal

5 Soilwork- I have only heard The Natural Born Chaos ,and the Stabbing the drama Albums,but really I don't need to hear anymore then that for them to get a place in my top 5. Hell, I think the songs "Follow the Hollow" and "The Bringer" might even be enough for them to make the top 5.

4 Tool, A Perfect Circle, Puscifer -I grouped them together because I love the lead singer more then anything, Maynard James Keenan is really what makes the band for me, and the rest of the band mates are interchangeable. I know these groups are not really Metal, but damnit I love em',and Tool was the group that got me really into Rock/Metal.

3 Dark Tranquility -I really didn't get into these guys until I saw them live but since then ,I can't put them down. I like them for the reason I like most of my metal bands,that being they are extremely melodic and come from Swedan.

2 Amon Amarth- They are just brutal, I absolutely love Johan Hegg and I think he is a hell of a Vocalist, probably my second favorite vocalist right behind Mikael Akerfeldt. I think Versus The World was my favorite album although The Crusher isn't far behind.

1 Opeth- My favorite Metal Band of all time, I really couldn't think who to put here in the number one spot,but then I thought "what is my favorite metal album" and suddenly Black Waterpark comes to mind.I have seen these guys live(they were doing the Ghost Reveries album) and I was blown away that these guys could have the crowd acting like they were in a heroin induced trance one minute with their melodies, then the next minute have a mosh pit so violent ,that it makes a Chimaira concert looks like a childrens playground.

Honorable Mentions: Children of Bodom, In Flames(Jester Race and Clayman albums specifically) and Parkway Drive,and Chimaira.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back