Top Rappers

I cannot stand Eminem when he's trying to be funny. He's not clever or witty with his insults and covers the easiest topics to satire. But when the man freestyles, he seriously has NO peers. Check out his freestyles with Westwood and youll know what i mean.

But personally, and this is only personally, this is my list:

5.Sage Francis:Known mostly for his support of animal rights and legendary freestyle battles, Francis has cemented himself as one of the mostt thought provoking and poetically sound mc's today.

4.Kid Cudi:Definatly a style all his own, he blends soothing melodies with a unique flow and hypnotizing ambiance. and after ony one major album has already mastered what few have, and thats creating a new environment in hip hop where taboo topics for the community arent off limmits and individuality is allowed.

3.Big Pun:Known for his size just as much as music, Pun was definatly one of a kind. Maybe im just a sucker for dirty lyrics, but no one could flow as elgantly and viciously at the same time like he could. Not many in the game today have the same vocal presence he had. Sadly he will mostly be remembered for his death, but i still think Capital Punishment is one fo the greatest hip hop albums ever.

2.Mos Def:Although a great actor, Def's true talent is his music. Thought provoking, gritty and honest are the best ways to describe his albums. One of the only rappers who can feel mainstream and underground at the same time.

1.Common:Somewhere in the same category as Mos Def is Common. Originally known as Common Sense, he broke through early in the growing Chicago scene and collaborated with artists like De La Soul and Lauren Hill, he created a niche for himself when most of hip hop was gangster rap. He is deep but powerful and can send a message without being preachy. Definatly a poineer in showing what hip hop can be and what it doesnt have to restrain itself to being.

These are my picks for top rappers.

1. Rakim - Great flow, rhymes and presence. He could rock a jam for days and still carry fire. "Paid in Full" and "Follow the Leader" are my two favourite old-school albums by this man and Eric B. It's packed with quotables and many that have been sampled by other MCs later on. How this pioneer isn't mentioned more among the Hip Hop community is baffling.

2. Kool G Rap - If you talk about Queens and you don't know Kool G Rap of Juice Crew fame, then I don't even want to talk to you about rap. This legend has raw delivery and multi-syllabic rhymes that'll make your girl piss her pants. The man has influenced a great slew of emcees such as Eminem, Notorious B.I.G, Jay-Z, Black Thought, R.A. the Rugged Man, etc. Do not overlook "Live and Let Die."

3. Kool Keith - Some say he's dope, some say he's wack, and some say he's crazy. But, you can't argue that this man is fearless, creative and hilarious at the same time. I love him for his eccentric rhyme-schemes and flow that breaks away from 1-2-1-2 conventions. His work with Godfather Don as the Cenobites is classic material and that's aside from his better known work as part of Ultramagnetic MCs or as Dr. Octagon.

4. Divine Styler - "Word Power" is classic. He was innovative and full of abstract lyrics as far back as the 80s. Now if you listened to underground hip hop in the late 90s, Divine Styler's sound hasn't lost in age at all. That's how timeless he is. He's also best known for being a part of Ice-T's Rhyme Syndicate which also included Everlast. Clever knowledge.

5. Breez Evahflowin - An underground rhyme animal emerging from NY. It doesn't matter if people haven't heard of him 'cause he's been in the game for years much like Percee P doing shit since the late 70s. This man has solid delivery, very crisp/smooth flow and a street style accompanying him when he's speaking truth. And when I mean truth, I mean truth like Wordsworth. Full of imagery and emotional depth.

Honourable Mentions: Krs-One, Kurtis Blow, Run-DMC, LL Cool J, Jeru the Damajah, Eminem, Jay-Z, 2Pac, Notorious B.I.G, Big Daddy Kane, Aceyalone, Saafir, Labtekwon, Ras Kass, Del the Funkee Homosapien, GZA/Genius, Ellay Khule, Lyrics Born, J-Live, Supernatural, Pharoahe Monch

I have to say that the best rapper ever is Nas i mean he is really underrated i mean illmatic is the best rap album ever his rhymes are amazing and he can totally punk out another rapper like he did to Jay-Z which showed how overrated a rapper Jay-Z is i mean Jay-Z had weak comebacks against Nas and just made himself look bad so the best rapper ever has got to be Nas.

This is my 5 favorite rappers. It doesn't mean they are the best rappers ever. These are guys I like to listen to.

1. Eminem: I love most of his songs, and his freestyles are incredible.

2: Ludacris: I like the way he flows. I like all of his albums.

3: Andrea 3000: Has a unique flow. I love his lyrics.

4: Jay Z: One of the best of all time. He knows how to make great music.

5: Biggie: What he put out was incredible and so easy to listen to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back