Best and Worst Hell in a Cell Match ever

What is the most Brutal Hell in a Cell Match ever?

• Shawn Michaels vs Taker at Badd Blood 1997

• Taker vs Mankind at King of the Ring 1998

• Triple H (c) vs Cactus Jack at No Way Out 2000

• Triple H vs Rikishi vs Kurt Angle vs Taker vs The Rock vs Steve Austin at Armageddon 2000

• Triple H vs Chris Jericho at Judgement Day 2002

• Brock Lesnar (c) vs Taker at No Mercy 2002

• Triple H vs Shawn Michaels at Badd Blood 2004

• Taker vs Edge at SummerSlam 2008

• DX vs The Legacy at Hell in a Cell ppv 2009

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ruthless-RKO

F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
Simple question, there have been 19 hell in a cell matches although we had two that went to no-contest on Raw back in 1998 I think.

Undertaker has feutured in 10 of them, 8 of them have featured Triple H, 8 have been contested for a World title, out of the lot, which is you favourite and worst?

If you cannot think of a bad on, then don't say, but if you can, tell me why?

Forme, the best match would have to be Taker and Mankind, There feud had lasted along time and it finally came to an end. The falls he took in that match, only one can wonder how he got up. In 16 minutes, we had seen it all, climbing the cell, falling off the cell, falling through the cell, THUMBTACKS!!, chokeslammed on to the thumbtacks, and a wicked Tombstone Piledrive to finish the match.

Coming in at second, I would tie the very first between HBK vs Taker and the 6 man hell in a cell match at Armageddon 2000.

The worst match I would have to say I have seen would be either Taker vs Big Boss Man at WMXV, or DX vs Mcmahons & Big Show at Unforgiven 2006. Both matches were really poor, takers match was probably the worst of the night although the ending was wicked with bossman being hanged, and the DX match was not atall entertaining, big show's ass being kissed and a match big show didn't have to be insince he didn't even do anything.

So thatsmy best and worst, the question is whats yours??

And also vote in the poll?

I agree with you on Undertaker vs Mankind as the best one but for the worst one I would say Undertaker vs CM Punk at Hell in a Cell 2009, nothing memorable happened and it was very short for a Hell in a Cell match. The one with DX vs The McMahons and Big Show happens to be one of my favorites.

of course taker-mankind was the best and had the most memorable moments. and i really liked the taker edge one in summerslam 08. but one of my favorites you forgot about is taker-batista at survivor series 07. the one with edge's return. it was done so great. and yeah taker-cm punk at HIAC 09 was just terrible, a complete throwaway, which is ashame because it had no hell in a cell feel to it at all. the cage was just a prop.

While a lot of people will vote for Taker/Foley it really is only two HUGE spots and a spot with the tacs. My personal vote goes to Lesnar/Undertaker. This one was vicious. These two went into the Cell with one thing in their heads: To destroy one-another. The brutallity involved here was nasty. Paul Heyman was taken out by The Undertaker and he wasn't even IN the Cell. Taker had that cast on his hand and was smacking Lesnar with it every chance he got, Lesnar had some nasty chair shots in there. The steel steps came into play, it was all on the line. Brutal match. the build was also excellent as for the worse, it has to be Taker/Bossman. The Cell just wasn't necessary and it was a glorified squash win for Taker.

My personal favorite, would have to be the inaugral HIAC match. 'Taker vs. Michaels. Debut of Kane. Just a classic match.

Now I'm probably gonna get shit on for this, but my least favorite is Lesnar vs. 'Taker. Now, I'm not saying it wasn't a brutal match, but there was one thing that happened that ruined the whole match for me. Drives me crazy and I can't get past it. Early in the match, 'Taker had Lesnar in a submission move, and Lesnar got to the ropes and caused the break, however later in the match, Lesnar had 'Taker in an abdominal stretch, I believe, and was using the ropes for leverage. The ref did nothing. The inconsistancy in rules drove me crazy. No idea why. Just can't get past it.

To me the worst ever Hell in a Cell match was the one that took place between The Undertaker and Randy Orton at Armageddon 2005 I actualy attended this one live and this match was extremely boring. I know Armageddon was kind of a just going through the motions Pay Per View, but I just feel that if you go to see a live H.I.A.C. match yo want to see some top of the cage action, and the only time it was done in this match was When Taker celebrated his victory.

My vote for favorite, and best Hell In A Cell would have to be Batista vs Triple H at Vengeance 2005. The match had such a great build up as Batista had won at 'Mania, and at Backlash. At Vengeance tho, it was the first time Batista had been looked at as an underdog becuz HHH had not lost inside HIAC. The match was absolutely great, with the chain, steel steps, a barbwire wrapped chair and the cage coming into play. It was, in my opinion, one of Batista's best matches ever, and HHH recieved and dealt out some massive punishment. Awesome match

My vote for worst match, plain and simple, BossMan vs Taker. Boring match and very uneventful. Even the 2 Monday Night Raw HIAC's were better than the WrestleMania 15 HIAC.

One more thing, anyone get that WWE might have takin a cue from TNA by having a Hell In a Cell pay per view, where more than one match is inside the Cell, ala Lockdown? just an observation

Honestly, I have a tie for my favorite match. It's either Batista vs HHH at Vengeance '05, or Taker vs Edge at SummerSlam '08. Both were very intense. Batista/HHH had a lot of carnage, where as in Taker/Edge you could just feel the emotions from Edge.

As for worse match, I would say Taker vs CM Punk. It was basically a squash match.

The best HIAC is obviously the Undertaker vs. Mankind and next would be Undertaker vs. HBK and the 6 man HIAC, Triple H vs HBK and then Triple H vs Jericho at Judgement Day 2002 and Undertaker vs. Lesnar. The worst are Undertaker vs. Big Boss Man, Orton vs. Cena andTriple H vs Kevin Nash.

besides taker n bossman being the worst i would have to say hhh vs kevin nash bad blood 02 this was during trips dominance i was there live and it was disapointing to say the least oh yea foley was guest ref n no sparks at all

First of all, I find it kinda amusing you put "other" in the choices, seeing as you've allowed us to select each and every single one of the Hell in a Cell matches.

To answer the most brutal part, I think it would have to be Undertaker vs Mankind, the bump was brutal, the botch with the cage was brutal, and the chokeslam on the thumbtacks were brutal, so that's a quite obvious winner for that one.

Best Hell in a Cell although? hard to choose really, I've always had a "soft spot" for Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels, but If I really had to choose a best, I really have to say Undertaker vs Edge.

Why? because it had some brutal spots too, I loved the whole ladder and tables part of it, and the slam through the mat where flames would come up afterwards, I completely marked out for that.
The match had awesome action back and forth, hard to get tired of, while all others had that too, I think this one went above all the others really, especially the spot where Edge would go through the cell panel.

A worst? easy, CM Punk vs Undertaker, because it was a squash match, while I think it could've made CM Punk look great, and have been a great match over all, it was a quite obvious squash, and I think it ruined everything in that match.

This is such a hard question to answer cause HIAC has brought some of the best matches ever, I'd have to say though my fave HIAC match had to have been the Cactus Jack/HHH HIAC match in 2000. Nothing better than the drama in the match and amazing spots.

However when it comes to the worst I have a few that I always wondered, "what the hell are they thinking?". For example, DX/Legacy, CM/Taker and Bossman/Taker. The worst though has to be Orton/Taker, the feud shoulda been done at No Mercy, but the writers decided to overdo it and push the feud to Armageddon where rarely you see anything interesting happen.

my favourite is the Taker v Mankind from 98. Everything that im gonna say has already been said, but the two falls he took in that match were and still are unprecedented. To get up after two falls and finish the match was unbelievable. It is an iconic piece of footage and commentry when mankind goes crashing through the announce table. The bumps in that match raised the bar far higher then it had ever been raised before, and the falls will never be topped in my opinion.

The worst was CM punk taker cell match. Nothing memorable happened, the match didnt belong in a cell, and I seriosuly dislike CM punk and it was really short. so for me that was the worst cell match ever by far.

i think edge vs taker was the best and taker vs mankind the worst...just hear me out! Taker vs Mankind was so over the top and so ridiculously dangerous that even Vince told Mankind not to do anything so stupid again. And although it forever cemented both men's careers and everything it did mean that no-one since has been able to make that match look so amazingly dangerous because whatever they've done we as fans would always just say, 'yeah but it wasn't like the time taker fought mankind' and therefore it basically ruined the match for everyone else coz basically if you didn't have someone fall or at least go to the top of the cell, then you were a pussy.

Anyway, then comes edge's turn against taker in the cell and instead of trying to do a load of stupid high spots and risky things like that (which we know he could have done) he instead fused his own legacy into the match by having weapons in there. No-one really did this before and i thought it was brilliant addition to the match and finally something new. So that's my opinion anyway.

Best hell in a cell has to be HBK vs. HHH these two battled for about 40 - 45 mins and it was great.

Worst? Can I nominate the entire hell in a cell ppv as it was complete and utter shit?

Best HIAC match I've seen is the original one , HBK vs. Taker.

These two are greatest wrestler who have stepped into a HIAC , and If they weren't successful maybe HIAC matches wouldn't become as special as they are now.

Match was great , nice build-up , enough brutality and it also involved debut of Kane , which i think is another factor to call this one the best.

The wrost HIAC , IMO , is either of Taker/Boss man or Taker/Punk.Both of the were cold and boring and are black points in history of this match.

My vote for best goes to Triple H vs Jericho. The only match that had a pin counted on the roof of the cage. And the Pedigree on the top of the cage was just bad ass.

Not really sure what the worst would be in my opinion. I haven't seen the Hell in a Cell ppv yet, so I can't go with the short ass Punk/Taker one, but I think I remember HHH vs Nash at Badd Blood one year, so I'll go with that. Even that one wasn't bad though.

Taker/Bossman was saved but the whole deal with the Brood at the end.

3 Favourites

1 - Taker/Lesnar - Was amazing. Brutal. Just because they didn't leave the cell it doesn't mean it automatically becomes less of a Hell In A Cell. I also like the ending, where Lesnar countered a Tombstone and brought Taker up for an F5. Paul Heyman started bleeding, from outside the cell.

2 - HHH/Y2J 2002 - This is one that was a Wrestlemania rematch, just without the title at stake. Not only did they escape the cell, and spend a lot of time on the top, but it had a build of about 3-4 months, and performed well by two solid workers. I really enjoyed it.

3 - Taker/Mankind - How can anybody not like this match?

Worst is probably Taker/Boss Man. At least the CM Punk match had a title change, it was a means to an end. Taker/Boss Man was just pointless.

Wow, Of course most brutal is Taker/Mankind But Best is Taker/Hbk as someone here said just right amount of spots not a spotfest but there was some And good match Between talented wrestlers, Without The Two spots you would never remember it

Taker vs. Mankind is the most insane mainstream wrestling match I have ever seen. Not too over the top, which is what a lot of the old Funk vs. Foley matches felt like. Taker vs. HBK was incredible as well, anyone who watches that match will either think Taker is actually beating Shawn, or think Shawn is the greatest seller ever. Both could be true, frankly. I have to go with Taker/Mankind though, as it set a standard for insane matches in the WWE. Notice they both involve Taker though, no coincidence.

I think nearly everybody agrees that either CM Punk Vs Undertaker or The Undertaker Vs Big Bossman are the worst HIAC matches but what about the best. My favourite would have to be the 6 man hell in a cell because it is what the hell in a cell is all about and that is brutality and that fact that unlike Mankind Vs Undertaker (which is my second favourite), nobody knew who would win the match

My favourite Hell in a Cell would have to be Taker vs Lesnar.Why, because I have always been a huge Lesnar fan.I loved how he dominated the whole roster and then went to Smackdown and took on the Deadman.The match it'sself was great and the whole broken hand thing was very exciting.Heyman was used great and how he got in the match a little bit but does not got into the cell.The over all match was great and the fact that Lesnar was able to pin The IUndertaker made it even better.

Worst for me would be Punk vs Taker.As most of the people before me have said it was a spaush match and ruined Punk.He could have been made to look strong like Lesnar did but instead was used to put Punk in the "Dog House"

I'd say my favorite is HHH vs Shawn Michaels. I think anytime the two of them are in the ring, magic happens. The two of them are great wrestlers, great sellers, and they know each other so well that it just clicked for me. A very very very close second is the Taker vs. Mankind match, for obvious reasons. Worst, I'd have to say the entire HIAC PPV event. With the WWE being PG now, there was now way the HIAC PPV could have been good.

My vote goes to Armageddon Hell in a Cell simply because of the finish. The way in which Kurt Angle retained his championship was simply priceless. While certainly the match itself was a bit too uneven and there was truly no memorable moments aside from King's screaming, "Oh my god! Look at Kurt!" at the sight of Kurt Angle's bloody face, the overall match was at best ok but that ending was just priceless. Second pick would be Orton/Undertaker, and third Edge/Undertaker.

I think the best Hell in a Cell match would have to be HHH vs HBK at Bad Blood 2004. It was almost mentally exhausting watching these two guys beat the living crap out of each other for about 45 minutes. I will admit that the match didn't need to be that long as there was a little too much dead time in places but that's not enough to stop me naming this the beat HIAC of all time.

The match was great because of the combination of a fantastic story and a huge amount of brutal action. The story was great with this match deciding who was the better man and HHH working on HBK's back in the early going, making HBK the fighting underdog for the rest of the match. Shawn took three pedigrees before he was beaten and to see them both laying there motionless after the match really told what a war they had been through. Excellent match.

As for the worst, I'll go with Taker vs Bossman for obvious reasons. What the hell was the point of that match?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back