Hell in a Cell: Tag Team Hell in a Cell Match

C.M.

WrestleMania Main Event

As proven by their recent altercations, things are far from over between The Legacy’s Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase and DX’s Shawn Michaels & Triple H. At the first-ever WWE Hell in a Cell pay-per-view, the two teams will have at it again – this time inside Satan’s Structure.

This announcement came just one night after Rhodes & DiBiase picked up the biggest win of their young careers by doing what nobody has ever done before: Make DX submit. In a brutal match at WWE Breaking Point, the two members of The Legacy applied duel submission maneuvers on HBK, making him tap out in an unprecedented Submissions Count Anywhere Match.

For months, Rhodes & DiBiase have tormented The Game at all turns, and it seemed with DX’s reunion and win at SummerSlam, that combination of Michaels and Triple H might be just what the doctor ordered to get rid of The Legacy plague.

That has turned out to not be the case as both Rhodes & DiBiase have proven that they are not to be underestimated and that they are both capable of standing toe-to-toe with the legendary pairing.

Now, with the steel set to surround the four ring warriors, all-out war will be waged in the Hell in a Cell – and only one pair can walk out victorious.

What team will reign supreme? Find out as the first-ever WWE Hell in a Cell event airs Sunday, Oct. 4, live on pay-per-view.

Another match announced on Raw for the next PPV, Hell in a Cell is DX taking on Legacy in a Hell in a Cell match, I think DX will win to keep the feud going.

And I thought the Orton-Cena match didn't interest me. This one interests me even less. Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that Legacy got the win over DX at Breaking Point, but there's no doubt DX is going to get the win here. That, and I'm not expecting this match to be very entertaining. What are we going to see, maybe a vicious steel chair spot? Wow, stop the presses.

Again, they need to stop overusing these matches. DX will take the win. Could be good, likely won't.

You know, if WWE had done anything to give Rhodes and DiBiase any kind of personality or reason to care about them besides being Orton's little buddies, I might care about this match. Of course, according to the old formula, DX wins here.

We can only hope Legacy gets more mic time and something effective to say leading into the PPV... or this will be the DX squash we have all been expecting... and no one will care.

I hate to sound negative, I can't stand people who just bitch about creative and all that. But HIAC matches are supposed to mean something. And so far, there's not one announced that does.

Right so this is happening? We are going to let this happen. Great, a PPV devoted to one of the most barbaric match in all of sports entertainment, and you have a PPV full of it. God there are so many problems wrong with this I dont even know where to begin. Weren't HIAC supposed to cap off bloody, personal feuds? Lets look at two recent ones. Taker Vs Edge Summerslam and one with DX in it, The McMahons and Big Show vs DX. Now whether you loved these matches or you hated these matches, you have to admit they were built up well. There were personal issues with the two competitors or teams.

So why have this tag team match contested in a HIAC? It seems to destroy a bloody legacy left by guys like Foley, Taker and HHH himself, to contest such a match like this under such extreme circumstances. I mean really, what have Legacy done to HBK? A few beatings here and there, but like he hasnt had that before. But enough bitching about this AND THE GODDAMN TLC PPV? WHAT THE HELL? And onto the match itself.

I am not looking forward to this. Legacy are extremely green, and there is little they could do to interest me in this match. They have no hardcore experience whatsoever, and best bets on it being a steel cage type brawl are safe.

Ill stick with DX for the victory.

The way I see it is that Legacy is going to win not DX. Think about it like this, they are looking to split Legacy off from Orton to make them their own group. Cena will win in his match over Orton, and Legacy will win in their match over DX. Then this will be 2 PPVs in a row that Orton has lost, and Legacy has one. After the Breaking Point match Legacy had, Orton did not care about their match, that will make them mad. They will see that their "leader" is losing and they are winning so why would they need to stay with him.

I dunno thats the way I see it ending to get Legacy on their own.

Usually the faces would win and end the fued right? I feel both previous bouts were great and gave Legacy the exposure they need, even though they need more mic time. I think they put Legacy over so they can start a much needed fued for the Tag Belts.I see Legacy winning as that would be huge for their careers.

I also think that DX will go over Legacy here, to keep the feud going for at least another couple of months. There's no way that HHH or HBK will agree to lose at a Hell in the Cell match.

This is kind of off-topic, but has anyone else noticed that Cody Rhodes looks a little like the "young" Tom Hanks from the movie "Big"? Hahaha! I was watching that movie, and thinking that the actor (his name is David Moscow) looks a lot like Cody must have looked like when he was younger. Just thought I'd share that, because every time I try to take him seriously as a heel I just laugh.

here's a photo:

http://www.filmdope.com/Gallery/ActorsM/12450-1634.gif

Okay, with DX winning at SummerSlam and Legacy winning at Breaking Point, I see a “No Finish” at Hell In A Cell, and an end to the feud at the Survivor Series, hopefully in a Survivor Series Elimination style match. Great feuds last for at least 4 PPVs.

i just wish they would add something other than a different type of match to both main events. Like make it dx/legacy/show jerico/mvp henry for the tag titles. or add swager, miz, kofi or other mid card guys to main event scene

Well Vince knows what he is doing he is taking us for suckers and for granted these matches get boring and stale after awhile why not get Morrison and Miz back and go after DPX seriously their feud ended so fast ! Expect LEGACY to win HELL IN THE CELL because they are going for a bigger push as the untouchable team and its working. Also again Orton/Cena aghhhhh this has been going on for 3 years fuck its boring

I see ORTON winning it and LEGACY winning it and I also see UNDERTAKER defeating C.M Punk ! But Kofi has to lose this title he is boring he doesn t have any good moves but that swift kick give it to Carlito or Jack Swagger to have i t or MVP!

I don't recall CENA ever winning any steel cage matches at all I recall ORTON has and he will win it back he is doing this lose/win to increase his championship status how many times he won and got it back ! How manyof you agree with me that UNDERTAKER should go after CENA and ORTON after C.M PUNK change the feud and tweek it a bit geeeeez post your comments here as for LEGACY they ll win it again they'll lose on RAW but win on the PPV thats how it is.

MOD NOTE; Edited so I can read it without my eyes hurting.

No way in hell will Legacy go over DX in Hell in a Cell! DX will win to further the feud. This has to go to at least Survivor Series for the traditional elimination match! Legacy will take control a lot of the match like most of the other matches in this feud and then HHH and HBK will clean house. DX all the way here.

Well Vince knows what he is doing he is taking us for suckers and for granted these matches get boring and stale after awhile why not get Morrison and Miz back and go after DPX seriously their feud ended so fast ! Expect LEGACY to win HELL IN THE CELL
because they are going for a bigger push as the untouchable team and its working

Yeah, because that makes sense. Giving DX the win and pushing the feud to Bragging Rights as a rubber match between a 1-1 DX wouldn't make the feud any better. Not at all.

Also again Orton/Cena aghhhhh this has been going on for 3 years fuck its boring

You must have missed the nearly year long Orton/Trips feud that punctuated the Cena/Orton feud. So no, not 3 years. 6 months? Maybe?

I see ORTON winning it and LEGACY winning it and I also see UNDERTAKER defeating C.M Punk ! But Kofi has to lose this title he is boring he doesn t have any good moves but that swift kick give it to Carlito or Jack Swagger to have i t or MVP!

1) Cena losing it after having the title a month? Bullshit.

2) Kofi is boring but Carlito isn't? Lulz.

I don't recall CENA ever winning any steel cage matches at all I recall ORTON has and he will win it back he is doing this lose/win to increase his championship status how many times he won and got it back !

Yeah. They're going to bury Cena as a champion so as to give Orton a few extra championships. My god, how asinine.

How manyof you agree with me that UNDERTAKER should go after CENA and ORTON after C.M PUNK change the feud and tweek it a bit geeeeez

I don't. Heel vs. Heel and Face vs. Face? It would be shit terrible.

post your comments here

Oh, lulz. I thought I was supposed to comment in the spam zone. Seems where you post belonged anyway.

as for LEGACY they ll win it again they'll lose on RAW but win on the PPV thats how it is![/B*]

..Or not. Because having the tie game makes the Bragging Rights ppv all the more essential.

-----------

DX to win. It'll tie the series and they can break the score at Bragging Rights. They might continue the feud after that as an all or nothing Survivor Series match of Legacy +3 heels vs. DX + a few faces. Maybe.

I'm still confused about this match, also. Is this a tag match, only with a stipulation that usually allows for no rules? So you still have to tag your opponent in before he can use that razor blade bat? That doesn't make much sense.

Should be good. Their submission match wasn't shit at all. DX to win, blah blah blah.

Wow! Legacy has really been impressing me a lot over the past few weeks. Especially Cody Rhodes, whom I used to hate, but always liked Ted DiBiase. I knew that this fued with DX would help out the young team, but I never knew in what way and how much. DX is really helping Legacy turn into legit threats. You gotta give them props for that. Both teams really.

This is DX's 10th combined Hell in a Cell match. You have the winner of the first ever Hell in a Cell match teaming with the winner of the most Hell in a Cell matches. They can't be stopped... they know all there is to know about this type of match. The brutality, the suffering, the carnage... EVERYTHING!

Now, Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase are new to nearly every type of gimmick matches. But that does not mean that they can't dish out punishment to their veteran opponents. They have a sadistic side to them that will help them not get completely buried in their upcoming Hell in a Cell match. The weaponry that will be involved in this match will be no different from any other Hell in a Cell match. Both teams will have one hell of a showing. Stay tuned for one hell of a Hell in a Cell match on October 4th.

I wonder what will happen to both teams after Hell in a Cell. This is the tie-breaker, rubber match... what's going to end the fued, so I'm anxious to see what will happen to Shawn Michaels, Ted DiBiase, Cody Rhodes, and Triple H after the ppv is over.

Prediction: DX defeats Legacy.

I'm sorry, but DX winning here would logically just end the feud. And then what? It doesn't really get anyone anywhere. Presumably Rhodes and DiBiase break off from Orton, so that's one feud, and either HHH or HBK feud with Cena for the belt? Do you really want to see that?

I'd actually give Legacy the win here, have them be on Orton's winning team at Survivor Series (because Orton's team always wins at Survivor Series, I think he's only lost once, and he was the last man eliminated), and use the momentum from that to build a long HHH/HBK feud going into Wrestlemania. It would be a nice way to send HBK off, and might actually make HHH vaguely interesting for a bit.

I am going to take DX here. I think that having Legacy go over them 3 times in a row would take away from the return and make them out to be Legacy's bitch and that is something that cannot happen. I do expect this match to be a good contest and I am very much looking forward to it but having Legacy go over is not a good idea in my opinion.

I think DX will eventually come out on top and it will probably set up a match at Survivor Series where this feud will probably end. Who knows but I am backing DX here definitely.

I am looking forward to this match mainly because I have enjoyed the previous encounters of Legacy and DX a lot. I think this gimmick bout will give Rhodes and Dibaise some decent experience and while I would be all for them winning I'm not sure I see it happening, especially seeing they won at Breaking Point. I think this feud will probably continue to, at least, Survivour Series and so from a continuation perspective I think it would be logical for DX to win so Legacy would have another excuse to face them again. Nonetheless I would like Legacy to win but don't see it happening but still, I expect a good outing here from both teams based on what I've seen from them at the last two PPVs. In my opinion, Legacy working with DX has really helped them and credit should go to the veterans for making Rhodes and Dibaise look like a threat. Long may it continue...

It sucks that a great feud they have going is over after this match simply because they scheduled around the themed PPV, giving us another "best of 3" rivalry.

DX to win, expect unique spots with Triple H and HBK being seasoned inside the cell. It's hard to get particularly excited for any of the HiaCs, but this one should be decent, at least.

I'm going for Legacy here. Or at least I am hoping they win this one but it probably wont happen. I'm sick of DX and Legacy are great, young talent and I'd love to see them go way over with another win.

Legacy has been built up really strong recently and although conventional wisdom would point to DX normally given these kids push as of late its hard to pick against the young guys. That being said I don't see Legacy getting the clean sweep so I see DX getting the win here getting Legacy off their back and Triple H going after the title Orton will be holding at the end of the night.

This is a tough call. I can see either team winning. But I'm gonna take the safe pick and take DX.

I see Legacy getting a ton of fan support during this match though. I can even see this match being the start of of a feud between Rhodes and Dibiase. Starting slow and building up increasingly from here until Mania. Orton will try and keep them together and will succeed for a couple of months, until it all comes to a head.

I can see DX getting in each of their heads, trying to make each one feel that the other is better or whatever. DX stops Dibiase in the hall and says Rhodes says it was his fault they lost at HIAC, and vice versa. Something to that effect. Of course I still, see Legacy vs. DX/Cena at survivor series.....maybe one of them costs the other to be eliminated.

Seems highly likely to me.

After what happened at the last pay-per-view, you'd have to say that Legacy could, and should win. I don't think that they can score two big wins over DX, especially since there's nowhere to hide, and no way to separate their opponents to focus on one over the other. This will probably be a very good match, but in the end, I think HHH and HBK pick up a nasty win over the young bucks.

Legacy will hopefully be built up strong in this match as I see this feud going into Survivor Series, but DX will win here. Lets just hope HHH and HBKs experience in these matches really help out Rhodes and DiBiase.

I actually think Legacy will win this one. And I also think, that a member of DX could turn heel...setting up the HBK/HHH match at WM. I know that WWE has the Survivor Series 09 poster with DX on it...but maybe they did that to throw everybody off lol But I do see Legacy, gettting the win at the Hell in a Cell event.

Even though all signs point to a DX victory, I honestly believe in my heart that Legacy will win this. Say what you want, but Legacy have been on a huge roll as of late, so much so that it's hard for me to bet against them. I think that now It won't be easy, but Legacy will get the win in an extremely close match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back