Best and most effective finisher?

My favorite move of all times was Raven's DDT.Some time's he hit it out of nowhere and it i just liked the way he did it.

As for the most effective.Id have to say the super kick/sweet chin music has always been one of those moves that just looks good and looks like it would do the trick when used against and by anyone.Whether it was HBK or Glacier or even Stevie Richards the move looks decent and effective.

Any pile driver type move has to be among the most effective moves as well.Whether its a tombstone which is probably the most recognized or my personal favorite the Cradle pile driver Jerry Lynn did they just look like if you was hit by one the way they are intended to be used you wouldn't be getting up for a minute or two let a lone 3 seconds

My top picks.I just loved the Even-Flo DDT Raven did so it has to be my favorite move but the most effective seems to be the Super Kick/Sweet Chin Music.

Diamond Cutter and Jackhammer. 98% chance the person wouldn't kick out.

Greatest looking finisher is the people's elbow, especially if he has those expensive shoes he can slide with.

I'm going to go with Sweet Chin Music. It might be a regular old superkick but when Shawn does SCM the crowd goes crazy. It can come out of nowhere just like the RKO (Shawn did the same thing to Benjamin that Randy did to Carlito) but it also can have a great set-up ("Tuning up the band") that gets the crowd pumped up, wondering if he'll hit the kick move or not. Shawn showed how both versions can easily get a huge pop from the crowd from his WM25 match with Undertaker.

In real life fight a kick to the jaw is going to hurt a hell of a lot more than an RKO will, and I'd like to see anyone actually use a Pedigree or Tombstone in a real fight. :lmao:

I can't believe all this love the RKO is getting. How many times have we seen people simply brush him aside? And, how ******ed does he look humping the mat, waiting for them to get up?

No less ******ed that Shawn Michaels stomping the mat, basically warning his opponent to be careful because the move is coming.

My choice is the Canadian Destroyer. It's impossible to no-sell, and looks about as painful as any move in wrestling. It's the type of move that a smaller guy can use on a larger opponent too.

Dear God, tell me you are joking. Uhg, man. I expect better from you.

The Canadian Destroyer is such a miserable finisher. It's the worst ever. Maybe.

The reason you cannot no-sell it is because it's dangerous and stupid. And it's the guy TAKING the move who does ALL the work. Petey Williams doesn't do much of the job - the opponent has to do a lot of the flip and hope to God Petey protects them however he can.

The move is so unrealistic, it's sad.

I'll give an honorable mention to the Cradle Piledriver. Sure, the guy can have his shoulders take the brunt of the move, but when your leg is hooked like that, your head is still hitting the mat. It's an instant end to the match.

Oh how about the fact that all the recipent of the move has to do is squirm a little bit and a) they're out of it, or b) their neck is broken? Again, totally unrealistic, and it's a move that has to be reserved for smaller wrestlers. Who would possibly be able to get their arms around a 300-lb guy and hit this move - SAFELY? Nobody I can think of.

Both moves are, though visually impressive, unrealistic and dangerous. Both should be banned.

I don't know if someone might have said it earlier, but in my humble opinion, Taker's Tombstone is by far one of the most effective finishers in the WWE. I mean, piledrivers aren't even allowed, but Undertaker has perfected it in a way that it's still used. Quick and lethal, its just right.

If I had to choose a secondary, it would be the Shooting Star Press, just because its so damn pretty to look at.

:undertaker2:

Hmmmmm, Id have to go with the F-5 and heres why

The F-5 looks pretty destructive
Not many people have kicked out of it
It has been perfected by Lesnar
Cena made an imitation of it
It has shattered, and broken bones
Its just beastly

I have always maintained that Triple H's original Pedigree was the most effective finishing move of all time. I have several reasons for this. For the last few years, when Triple H has been using the Pedigree, he has been letting go of the opponent's arms to allow him to protect himself as he hits the canvas. Now years ago, he did no such thing. The arms will fully hooked up above his opponents back and there was no way of protecting the face as he was driving into the mat. I remember thinking everytime Triple H used this version of the Pedigree that 'that must of hurt like hell and theres no way that anyone can continue'. It's rare now that I think this when Trips is delivering a Pedigree cause, the majority of the time, he dosen't even make much facial contact with the canvas. When Trips hit that Pedigree on Mick Foley at the 2000 Royal Rumble onto those thumb-tacks, that looked incredibly painful cause Mick was litterarlly driven face first into the mat which was coated with tacks... it dosen't matter if you can land on the side of your face, when you have 260ibs of Trips forcing you face-first into the mat, thats gunna hurt like hell. So there, thats my reasoning for why the original Pedigree is the most effective finisher of all time.

I just got off the phone with Petey Williams...He was wondering why the Canadian Destroyer wasn't getting any love.

Not only does it look painful, but it looks amazing, every time it's done. It's also probably the only finisher you could make a 2-3 minute clip video of, just showing a ton of times it was done, and have it be interesting and fun to watch the entire time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back