Best and most effective finisher?

aljnxh

Rate. Hate. Debate. *********e.
WWE, TNA, ROH, or WCW, your opinion on what you think is the best and most effective finisher ever.

IMO, its the RKO. Like Orton said in a WWE Magazine interview, its quick and deadly and needs no set up, unlike the Pedigree and the [Attitude Adjuster] etc. It can come out of nowhere and just knock you out cold. Other thoughts are the Tombstone Piledriver, F-5, and Pedigree, because if botched, you can easily break your neck.But even if that happens, its effective =D. What do you guys think?

Logic says it has to be the tombstone piledriver, it may not be quick to set up but you say most effective and being dropped straight on top of your head is gonna be more effective than any other wrestling move in existence.

I like the rko too, I think the stunner was pretty effective as that could generally come out of nowhere, jus a kick and boom! I don't think logically it would work especially if the victim couldn't sell it well and I think it was defo over used at times, austin couldn't b in the ring with sum1 without the stunner, the crowd wud boo him if he left without delivering 1 probably. Personally tho my favourite is the sweet chin music, that would knock u out, can come from nowhere and each 1 looks perfectly executed. I don't like the 'tuning the band' part but wen was the last time he actually connected with it after the stomps in the corner?? Lol

I would have to agree with the rko aswell that could legit knock u out, but another one would be the hell's gate, i couldnt think of anything worse than someone's foot pressing against your throat whilst your mouth is pissing out blood.

I would probably have to say that while the RKO in a sense is devestating, It looks horrible, at least with a tombstone or a pedigree it looks like someones head is going into the mat, with the RKO it doesnt look like that at all.

For me, it's mostly about the finisher fitting the character, looking good, and being fluid.

To that end my favorites are probably the F-5 (fit Brock perfectly, was visually awesome, and Brock had really soothe transitions on it), The Crossface (Benoit looked like he was going to pull the opponent's head off), The Tazmission (The chokeout really fit Taz's thug/dominant style) and the Dominator (Farooq's version was awesome. Beautiful windup, and done with so much power you thought he was going to kill the guy).

My least favorites would be the 619 in all it's incarnations (It looks silly, requires a ridiculous setup, and I can't figure out how it's supposed to finish anyone), the Playmaker (Why does it hurt? What does it do? Why does it look so silly?), The RKO (Not a bad finisher per se, but Orton only hits the damn thing properly half the time at best), Edge's Spear (It looks like crap. He bounces off the opponent instead of crumpling him in half the way Goldberg or Rhino do).

I would def have to go with the RKO as it comes out of nowhere.....IMO the best one he hit was on Benoit at Summerslam '04.

It also varies on the person who is selling the move as they are the ones who can make it look devastating or look horrible. *Vince taking a stunner from SCSA.

I have to disagree with the RKO!
I wasn't a fan of the Diamond Cutter... Its the same move!
The football punt to the head is cool...

But I must Go with Helms... The one Chris Jericho copied!
Knees to the Chin is pretty cool... But Its too Easily countered to a powerbomb!
But If you do it in more of a swinging neck breaker way its not only a knee to the chin but its also cranking you neck at the same time.... If its blotched can you not see a seriously broken neck? or broken jaw at least.
It flows better then the code breaker, Its Longer but harder to counter.... Plus the counter is only pushing you away (Cause it takes a running start to do)!

Its very under estimated because of the wrestler! Helms has never really had his time to shine! He was always just known as the best cruiserweight for a year!

But if you ask me the best finishers involve someone being dropped on thier head...
After thought...
Fuck that!
Power of the Punch!
Brass knuckles to the head!
Anything else?

Yeah I think either the RKO or the Codebreaker definitely. Both for the exact same reason, they could come from anywhere. I can't remember who it was against but didn't Randy Orton RKO someone who was performing a diving attack from the top rope at one point. That was a nice touch. The same is true with the Codebreaker. I liked Jericho using it at No Way Out against Cena, he just came from nowhere.

I like the rko too, I think the stunner was pretty effective as that could generally come out of nowhere, jus a kick and boom! I don't think logically it would work especially if the victim couldn't sell it well and I think it was defo over used at times, austin couldn't b in the ring with sum1 without the stunner, the crowd wud boo him if he left without delivering 1 probably. Personally tho my favourite is the sweet chin music, that would knock u out, can come from nowhere and each 1 looks perfectly executed. I don't like the 'tuning the band' part but wen was the last time he actually connected with it after the stomps in the corner?? Lol

It cannot be the RKO, I actually did the RKO on a jack ass from my freshman year at school, It hurt me a lot more than it hurt him. I couldn't get up for about 10 minutes. He got up after about 1. He just brushed it off and walked away. Anyways, I think if well executed, the PowerBomb or any splash moves from the top rope are the most effective because
1. Slamming someone down on their back is really painful.
2. Throwing your body weight onto someone is really painful too.
Selling the move also has a whole lot to do with the move being effective too. Like when the Rock was given the Stunner by SCSA and he threw himself up after the move connected. That was perfect timing.:icon_razz:

You obviously didn't execute it properly. How can it keep you down for 10 minutes?

I love neckbreakers, both cutters and stunners, so I'll go with the RKO presently and the Stone Cold Stunner for past times, which was the only thing I really liked about Stone Cold.

To me, finishing neckbreakers in the wrestling sense, have always had the death impact, so I've always loved it, and with the RKO and Stunner it's more sudden than most of the others (Twist of Fate, wait for the twist, Diamond Cutter, getting into position, etc), so I've always loved them. And in addition the moves can be done on anybody ranging from Khali to Rey Mysterio.

On another note, Cena has to get kudos for impressive finisher. He can also do the attitude adjustment on anybody, and it's more impressive than Lesnar considering Cena's 6'1, 240 lbs frame.

I don't think it's fair to say that the RKO is most effective if you're thinking logically about it. All he's really doing is slamming the opponent's face into the ground (that's how they call it, they don't refer to it as any sort of neckbreaker) while landing flat on his back, which is pretty unpleasant.

With this in mind, does that not make the bulldog more effective than an RKO? You're grabbing your opponents head from behind, jumping in the air, and pulling their face down to the mat with all of your weight, all while landing on your knees/ass, which is much easier to recover from.

You obviously didn't execute it properly. How can it keep you down for 10 minutes?

I love neckbreakers, both cutters and stunners, so I'll go with the RKO presently and the Stone Cold Stunner for past times, which was the only thing I really liked about Stone Cold.

To me, finishing neckbreakers in the wrestling sense, have always had the death impact, so I've always loved it, and with the RKO and Stunner it's more sudden than most of the others (Twist of Fate, wait for the twist, Diamond Cutter, getting into position, etc), so I've always loved them. And in addition the moves can be done on anybody ranging from Khali to Rey Mysterio.

On another note, Cena has to get kudos for impressive finisher. He can also do the attitude adjustment on anybody, and it's more impressive than Lesnar considering Cena's 6'1, 240 lbs frame.

It was the first Time I had done it and yeah i may have not done it right but I connected at least. Anyways, Neck breakers can't really be done on Khali. Look at his stature. He would have to bend over for you to actually be able to reach up there. On guys like Rey, a more effective finisher would be a submission like a move he wouldn't be able to reverse like a luchador which is his style. Something like a powerbomb, neck breaker type moves, and piledrivers wouldn't be very effective because he could reverse it to a Hurricanrana.
Cena's FU is a very effective move but it is a glorified fireman's carry. It is a generic move that almost any wrestler could do.
But in the case of a submission maneuver like :flair: 's Figure four leg lock, it is a double edged sword. If the recipient of the move manages to roll on to his stomach, then :flair: would be the one affected.

well did anyone notice that orton only uses one arm with the rko i thought the Diamond Cutter was more believable because your grabing there neck with both arms and pulling them down try pulling an rko on some random person there not going to go down and your going to look like a jackass lol personaly thought the f5 was pretty sick looking it was fairly simple but hadn't been seen before so it blew people away i also always liked the ddt and the piledriver both very underrated these days not so much the piledriver because it will always be devastating how can it not but the ddt has been done to death and the people just don't see it in the same light as people did years ago.

for me the most effective finishers would have to be superise superise..... The Tombstone Piledriver. Time tested and effective. Plus it fits the undertakers character perfect. Justin Cerdibles second rope piledriver was awsome as well

Also I have to say Undertaker's Triangle Choke. Hands down the most effective submission bar none!!!! Looks great in wrestling works even better in reality.

Lastly Im going to have to go with the gogoplata/Hell's Gate. No only does this move look painful the whole blood from the mouth and instant tap out makes it believable. The only downfall is that its such a complicated move that if he doesnt do it correctly it just looks sloppy.

ok so lets look at this people.

RKO...quick and deadly but personally if your tired when it hits its you have a small avenue to pin and you can get that move on anyone.

The tombstone...Takes time to set up but on bigger guys its really hard to do but if it hits its over.

But to me, the best finisher of all time, that is suitable to the character, you cant get up from, but does take sometime to set up...

THE BONZAI DROP. Once it hits its over...Nuff Said

wow....lots of love for the RKO

my favorite finisher all time is the Flatliner from Mortis/Kanyon.....it was quickly and deadly....

In terms of powerful moves here would be my top 3

3. Undertakers Tombstone -Has to be on the list, he can do it to just about anyone and has shown the ability to set it up or just do it out of nowhere.

2. HBK Super Kick -What can I say.....great move, fast and powerful. Always knocks someone out instantly...

1. Stone Cold Sunner -I wasn't a fan of him but that move was deadly....rarely did anyone kick out and it was quick and could come out of nowhere

I personally love the RKO I think that a good finisher not only has to be fast but has to look lethal

the RKO and Sweet Chin Music are great at this u can hit them anywhere and they look like they hurt like hell!!!

My personal favorite would be Rick Rude's I think it was called the rude awakening?? It was basically a reverse stunner but instead of the guy your hitting it on landing it on landing on their back for a swinging neck breaker its all on the back of the head and it always looked like to me that he was gonna rip their head off every time!!!

I'd say the Pedigree is booekd the strongest I can't think of many guys who have kicked out of it, whereas everyone else's finisher gets diluted all the time.

priceless, are you refering to the rumble when randy hit the rko on mysterio when rey was springboarding off the top rope? and i'm going to have to go with the RKO or the Tombstone Piledriver. randy makes the move look better than anyone else has, and the tombstone can just straight up kill you if not done right. so there's my two cents.

Whole lot of WWE fans here so i will probley get booed for this one but imo The JackHammer was a pretty devastating move. Think about it first the blood rushes to the brain then all of a sudden your getting slammed to the ground .

As much as i like Ortan i just dont think his cutter his better than DDPs.
Next to those the SCM has always looked painful and you could do that one in real life. On that not as much as i like Taker and the TombStone i dont think it looks believable. The opponent has to wrap his arms around his waist.

Ive also always thought the shining wizard was cool. Yes you have to get them in a weird position but a kick to the face like that would hurt.

Well there is my thoughts ,boo if you want
:wcw: 4-LIFE

I think he might be referring to RKO vs Carlito at Unforgiven 2006.
Carlito went for some aerial move (possibly a flying forearm?) from the top rope and Orton caught him mid fall and transitioned into the RKO. Awesome move - they put it into the SvR games as his alternate finisher in 2006 and 2007. I think it was called the Rated RKO if I remember correctly.

I can't believe all this love the RKO is getting. How many times have we seen people simply brush him aside? And, how ******ed does he look humping the mat, waiting for them to get up?

My choice is the Canadian Destroyer. It's impossible to no-sell, and looks about as painful as any move in wrestling. It's the type of move that a smaller guy can use on a larger opponent too.

I'll give an honorable mention to the Cradle Piledriver. Sure, the guy can have his shoulders take the brunt of the move, but when your leg is hooked like that, your head is still hitting the mat. It's an instant end to the match.

i would have to say it's either the cosebreaker or sweet chin music because sweet chin music can be a fast move and take down people in an instant. The codebreaker because you can reverse a lot of moves and turn it into a codebreaker and it gets extra points because that would hurt a lot if it happened in real life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back