• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Batista: "SmackDown Promo" - Babyface him?

Hard Hit Prince

Not really working as a
20140224_EP_LIGHT_SD-batista_L.jpg

On this week's Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer reported that tonight's SmackDown taping will have Batista cutting a promo on the fans and apparently the plan is to try and turn him babyface. Evidently last night on Raw, he went "John Cena's" route by acknowledging the fans response as something the fans have all the right to do and he also lost a match to Alberto Del Rio after interference, so that could be an evidence.

But as of this moment Batista is the most hated guy in professional wrestling. It's not "really him", but his booking and what that means for Daniel Bryan and whatever, but the truth is that people genuinely don't want to see him challenging for the title. In retrospective fans care for it by expressing their dislike and it would be much worse if the crowd was silent, that is a certainty.

So onto the subject in hand, I don't have a problem with Batista challenging for the title at WrestleMania XXX. I'm not one of those really pulling for Daniel Bryan, even though I enjoy his work and the storyline he's been put to a point where I would completely shit on Batista - in fact I think that there's something they can do between Batista and Orton to keep it fresh and interesting.

But I don't represent the live crowds and I definitely don't represent the majority of fans - so I've been thinking about ways to really put Batista on the babyface list and I came up with pretty much nothing. I mean I thought about having Bryan giving him his blessing, having Batista actually saving Daniel Bryan from an attack or whatever - but would that really work? I mean the guy is despised not because of who he is, but mostly because how he's been miscast in this #1 contender role. I'm sure everyone would be pleased to see Batista v. Roman Reigns or in the title match with Bryan involved.

So to all Daniel Bryan fans and people that are not really into the title match, do you think that there is anything WWE could do to successfully turn Batista babyface or to at least, try and reduce the possibility of an all out hijack of the match?

If that is true and they are going to try and babyface him, that means that as of this moment, there are no plans to have Daniel Bryan in the title match in any shape or form at Mania.

Like you, I don't see anyway in which he can be given a true babyface reaction, I mean, last night, Randy Orton got a babyface type pop when his music hit. Put that into perspective.

Personally, I'm just going to watch it unfold on the Road to Wrestlemania. I think so far, the card possibilities are not ideal, or exactly what I wanted, but it is an acceptable card in any case.

However, whilst seeing Daniel Bryan kneeing HHH or making him tap out to the YES! Lock and doing a Huge YES! Chant to end Wrestlemania 30 is ideal and great, I am just as intrigued at the possibility of seeing a Huge Shitfest LIVE if Batista vs Orton for the WWE WHC is going to close Wrestlemania 30.

Cheers. :)

It's starting to seem more and more like WrestleMania 25 to me, when the main event was clearly uninspired and the real attraction of the show is going to be something else - i.e., the contrast between Orton/HHH and Taker/HBK. This show is going to be sold and carried on the back of Bryan/HHH and Taker/Lesnar, obviously. I no longer particularly care what happens with Batista because the WWE has made the championship irrelevant. Orton is devastatingly uninteresting, Batista is lame. I'd prefer Cena as champion at this point, and that's saying something. I'm pretty much checking out of the build for Orton/Batista because honestly, who cares? WrestleMania 30 is going to live or die based on every other match but this.

I think the only way Batista can be a babyface is if he does a worked shoot where even he admits it was unfair that he came back and won RR right away, and that he wants to give DB the chance to headline wrestlemania, and then grants DB a match on the following Raw for #1 contendership.

That would at least start putting him on the right path. Then at that point, you could have him make the save for DB when HHH inevitably tries to get DB knocked out of the title match on a weekly basis.

edit: just to be clear, I do not think this is going to happen. at all. But, I'm just giving my opinion on the only way to turn Batista face at this point.

I think we can might aswell forget dbry being in the title match at wrestlemania. In all fairness what he had in a match against hhh is indeed a big deal........however to your point i think of they really want to try to turn batista face what they need to do is batista to completely bad mouth the authority and acknowledge the fact that they are intentionally screwing talent namely dbry over and thinking they know what's best for buisness.

Batista is collateral really, had he not been in the title picture and was challenging, say, some other generic villian...well maybe he would still be boo'ed.

This started with the Rumble resentment, and now fans will just shit on him regardless. If I'm being honest I never saw any BIG appeal with Batista's return. The Marvel movie is little to nothing with what Batista will bring in mainstream value and Brock is worth way more box office than Batista.

Turn him heel, he is entertaining as a heel and mind you, some of the promos he may cut on the negative fans might be a treat. They might start cheering him completing the mindfuck that is the WWE Fans.

Well Smackdown has piped in reactions so WWE can manipulate this segment to come off well on TV, but the fact is you can't turn a guy face when he doesn't have heel heat, he has fuck off heat, fans hating him isn't based off the storylines, they'd be better just letting him go into Kanye mode and at least be entertaining as he was in 2010.

Assuming Orton Vs Batista for the title is now locked down, I just don't see any way it can be fixed.

Batista isn't walking into Wrestlemania as face, it's just not happening and heel vs heel will be a disaster.

If Batista walks into Wrestlemania as heel, Orton is face and everything built over the last 6 months is completely buggered.

On top of that, Batista is in no way fit and capable of a Wrestlemania level match, let alone a title match and especially against a slow worker like Orton. It will be a car crash on the level of Goldberg Vs Lesnar.

What this has done is shown just how out of touch the WWE is with it's audience. They've booked themselves into a nightmare scenario regarding the main event. They can't even throw Bryan into the mix without everyone seeing it coming a mile off, which in turn would still kill Orton Vs Batista.

If I had to try and book my way out of this

HHH refuses Bryans request for a match
Bryan wins MITB & announces he'll cash in later that night
HHH forces Bryan to defend MITB against HHH
Bryan wins
Batista beats Orton
Bryan cashes in (while Hogan, Cena etc prevent any interference)

If I had to try and book my way out of this

HHH refuses Bryans request for a match
Bryan wins MITB & announces he'll cash in later that night
HHH forces Bryan to defend MITB against HHH
Bryan wins
Batista beats Orton
Bryan cashes in (while Hogan, Cena etc prevent any interference)

I know you are trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit but that is just a clusterfuck.

WWE is really holding out before giving the fans that Bryangasm of a win and that is their policy. To be honest I think they are waiting to see if HHH Vs Bryan will placate the fans and shit. Regardless Orton Vs Batista will be an abortion of a match. I mean even without all this, those two have shit matches anyway.

I know JR and WZ pundits think that Bryan ending Mania is a shoe in and Vince is too smart not to capitalize on a white hot babyface, but they'll make you and me wait.

Has anyone even thought of the probability that Bryan never gets to the ME? Like he doesn't make it at all? Bryan Vs HHH ends with Bryan kneeing H and thats it...

I know you are trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit but that is just a clusterfuck.

WWE is really holding out before giving the fans that Bryangasm of a win and that is their policy. To be honest I think they are waiting to see if HHH Vs Bryan will placate the fans and shit. Regardless Orton Vs Batista will be an abortion of a match. I mean even without all this, those two have shit matches anyway.

I know JR and WZ pundits think that Bryan ending Mania is a shoe in and Vince is too smart not to capitalize on a white hot babyface, but they'll make you and me wait.

Has anyone even thought of the probability that Bryan never gets to the ME? Like he doesn't make it at all? Bryan Vs HHH ends with Bryan kneeing H and thats it...

Take it one step further and HHH actually beats Bryan, fair and square, 1-2-3 in the middle of the ring. That would cause absolute chaos. Wouldn't put it past them to that.

Realistically, There should be a stipulation whereby if bryan were to win against HHH he'd challenge for the strap in a triple threat match. But if that were to happen then what do you do with the shield? Do you put Ambrose v Reigns with Rollins as special ref? That would create a lot of drama.

Add the Wyatts (Harper/Rowan) v Usos v NAO for the straps

Goldie v Cody

Cesaro v Swagger

The Divas title match, a unification us/ic match, another filler match and you have a fairly decent card.

Even if they are able to get fans behind him on Friday do they honestly think it will carry into Chicago on Monday? You're gonna have a pissed off Chicago crowd because of no Punk

They will try and it might work if he can convince the crowd of 2 things:-

1) He WANTS Bryan in that match as much as they do, but Trips is being the dick about it and if it was up to him then Bryan would be in there... if that can't happen then Trips should face him and he guarantees if he wins he will defend against (in reality lose) to Bryan the next night on RAW.

2) The title is not a "contracted thing" for him, I can see him shooting on this a bit cos everyone has assumed he is contracted that he HAD to win the Rumble etc... If he can convince people that isn't the case then he has a chance. The best way of doing that would be to take Heyman's point from last night - make Orton get the match out the way in Chicago on Monday... that way Batista can perhaps go in as champion and there is more scope for either Bryan to get in the match with the stip of beating Trips, or Punk to show up and take Orton's place.

But then why have him go semi-heel last night on RAW? Why have him send out condescending tweets today?

It's truly like they have no clue how to handle this and are changing their mind from one minute to the next.

Even if they are able to get fans behind him on Friday do they honestly think it will carry into Chicago on Monday? You're gonna have a pissed off Chicago crowd because of no Punk

Exactly. I have no idea what the "goal" is going to be w/ the SD promo, but if it truly is to have him "win over" the fans who have been booing him, they might as well leave him off the show on Monday night because it will completely blow up in the WWE's face on RAW. In fact, the blatant attempt to make him solidify his spot as a babyface will just pour more gas on the fire in my opinion.

Extreme Rules is in Daniel Bryan's hometown. Think about that.

I think that was just a rumor, I believe it's going to be in New Jersey at the IZOD Center. I imagine it would be extremely difficult to not have him in the title picture if it was featured in Seattle Washington.

SCREW trying to make him babyface, CANT THE WWE SEE THIS IS THE PERFECT TIME TO TURN HIM INTO A FULL BLOWN HEEL. Honestly I don't give a shtt about him "looking good" for his upcoming movie, because honestly, the worst thing that can happen for Batista's "image" is happening. Fans are booing him and he looks like a lost puppy.

Smackdown is WWE's chance! Have him shoot on the fans saying he doesn't give a shit what they want or what they think. He can say the WWEWHC is just another paycheck and that's the only reason he came back. MONEY (which is true, screw all this 'I love this business' crap). Than have him shoot on DB. Say he has no talent, can't talk, couldn't lace his boots etc. setting up Batista vs Bryan at ER for the title.

Air a heavily edited promo where the audience is dubbed. Interesting.

I'm not sure how much they can achieve. Batista is a lost cause in my eyes. There is just no way they can salvage this. For right or wrong the fans are set: Batista is getting boo'd every time he appears.

I suppose this is better than nothing and maybe, maybe they can help evoke some sympathy. That or a full heel turn. Where that leaves Orton and the WWE WHC I have no idea.

Aside from Batista making a heelish promo, he also acted heel-ish before the match making the crybaby faces to the audience as an F-U to the fans.

I can't see any sort of promo making Batista's return salvageable as a babyface.

How is it possible for somebody to turn babyface when they're already supposed to be face? Batista has been booked like a face already. The crowd don't buy it. I don't see one promo changing that. The fact that this is on Smackdown and not a live Raw where it can't be manipulated shows the lack of faith they have in it working.

If they want to make the crowd respond to him as a face can they not just get Flair involved and have Batista save him from an Orton beatdown or something, or put Flair in his corner? Given that the Evolution history gives them an easy reason to get Flair in on this, it seems like common sense.

There is only one way batista can be saved and that is giving bryan his royal rumble win. No other way around it.

Why would you do something so important on a show that gets a fraction of the audience that Raw gets?

Why not do it on Main Event for that matter?

I'm sure Batista is scheduled to work SD once in a while like Punk and Cena. This is his turn to lower himself to get physical on a Tuesday. Maybe he gets a squash back from Del Rio.

Don't really care, unlikely to watch.

Lets not forget the wildcard here, Hogan is the guest host. If HHH is incapacitated by Bryan during their match, say its maybe second or 3rd on the card, its more than enough time for Hogan to be persuaded to put him in the main event. Adds drama when a beaten and battered HHH returns to the ring during the match only to get ejected from the building by a power crazed Hogan and Bryan wins the match that way, job done, everyone's happy then...well except Batista and Orton i guess...but who really cares about them?

Batista is an Idiot and obviously thinks we are all too. Him turning face or trying too,will be an epic fail IMO. He acknowledged the people have a right too Boo,but then he said he is going to boo us right back..:disappointed: Cena would never say anything like that fans are pissed off that he won the RR,didn't deserve that win,let alone deserve a ME spot at WM!

The WWE can try all they want to make us like Bore-Tista,but its going to fail.. If they do that,IMO that will be worse because the fans will think batista is a fake.. At least keep him honest that much i can respect.. Only one way,to make us think this is legit,and thats for him to put up his ME spot against Daniel Bryan with batista specifically saying NO OUTSIDE INTERFERENCE!.. That would be the only way

It simply cannot happen. Batista is going to get booed. Orton is going to get booed (but to a lesser extent, much like how Del Rio got some cheers just for hurting Batista). Nothing Batista says can change that. The good news for hi is that the main event seems to be set in stone, but it's position on the card is not. My guess? Taker and Lesnar go on last. WWE will NOT deviate from the set Mania plans. This has already been proven. Had Punk not bailed, Bryan would be facing Sheamus. I eagerly await Batista vs. Orton like I'd look forward to watching a disastrous car accident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back