Austin Region, Omaha Subregion, First Round: (15) Goldust vs. (18) Kevin Owens

Who Wins This Match?

• Goldust

• Kevin Owens

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we can now start counting what wrestlers may or may not do in the future for and against them?

In that case, vote Goldust. Oh he will be a WWE HOFer.

I voted for KO but not because of what he might do in the future. I like Goldust. He's had a great career but it's not like he's been the most consistent winner. Right now the only thing he's got on KO is longevity. I usually reward longevity against the current guys but when I picture KO vs Goldust in a match I picture KO as the winner.

I can't imagine a crowd in Texas Rattlesnake Territory favoring a mobile Oscar over the brawler Owens. That on top of Owens beating bigger fish than Goldust ever has has me believing he can take the win here. Longevity be damned.

Owens beat Cena. He also lost all the rematches.

The one win over Cena is bigger than any single win in Goldust's career.

At present, Owens has not achieved the career of Goldust. He has not main evented PPVs.

When did Goldust main event PPVs?

He has not made an incredibly outrageous gimmick last for 20 years and he has not had consistent character development in a manner that no other competitor has.

Goldust spent maybe 2 years as an upper mid card guy. That's being generous. Most of his time has been spent as a glorified jobber. He had feuds with Triple H and Taker well before they would become what they are today and he ultimately lost both of them. The fued with Piper is probably his highest high and it was a comedy segment at Wrestlemania.

He did not make a gimmick last 20 years either. Not consecutively, anyway. There are a few large gaps in there.

And Goldust has multiple title reigns in WWE already, whereas Owens has...1.

Goldust has 3 singles title reigns in WWE (unless you count the Hardcore Title in which case, shame on you.)

Owens has... 3 as well. In a fraction of the time.

Add in his time in WCW/NWA and then TNA, and I'd say Dustin Rhodes has a much better body of work.

Go look at their respective Wikipedia pages. Goldust really doesn't have a more impressive resume.

I can't imagine a crowd in Texas Rattlesnake Territory favoring a mobile Oscar over the brawler Owens. That on top of Owens beating bigger fish than Goldust ever has has me believing he can take the win here. Longevity be damned.

What "bigger fish"? His one win over Cena, in a non-title match while Cena was champion?

Dustin Rhodes beat Muta, Vader...He's held more titles in the WWF/E alone, than Owens has ever held. Add in NWA/WCW, and there's really no argument that can be made.

Thanks to this forum, I can now start using what a wrestler might do in the future as a reason for them to win. Lesnar's gonna be unstoppable now.

Seriously though, this is a joke. There is no reason on God's green that Goldust should be losing this match. None. We must have a lot of kids voting who've been watching wrestling for a few years. That or you people who claim objectivity and consistency are liars and hypocrites.

I am in awe of Kevin Owens every time he comes out, and he is the best heel of current roster. Thats said, Goldust gets my vote because even though Kevin Owens has a lot going for him right now, and I do wish that he may indeed be a future World Champion, but the key word there is "may". As of now, it's a upper mid-carder against an upper mid-carder (and Goldust/Dustin Rhodes during his prime, was as upper mid-carder). And the number of good to great matches Goldust has had and longevity in the business makes me vote for him.

Mind you, Goldust is still making this character work even after 20 years, in 2016! No matter if it's a comic act, he's still a featured act on Raw while his brother struggles to get a weekly segment/match. to get a Ask me when Kevin Owens is doing his same schtick 20 years later and successful at it. Which I know he will, coz he's that much talented, but as of now, Goldust trumps him in all those departments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back