• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

At least 27 People Dead, 18 of them children.

You do realize those are pointless petitions and the government ignores them right?

That and all of them seem to be a little vague.

Not true. The White House is forced to respond to it after 25,000 signatures. They don't have to go along with them, but they have to respond to it.

But more than that, the more people who sign the petition, the stronger the incentive for lawmakers to get to work on ensuring the safety of Americans.

So did we decide in here so far about the safety of the children? I want to ensure my idea hasnt already been discussed

Most of us are for it, some think we should wait, others want to make sure certain types of guns are not included, but for the most part, I think we're good.

Feel free to post your idea, and then if it's unacceptable for one reason or another, I'm sure someone will be happy to tell you how ridiculous you're being. And if it's Stormtrooper who says that, you can be sure everyone else will tell him how ridiculous he's being.

No measures of gun control would have prohibited yesterday, or the majority of these incidents. The only answer is not arming teachers, its contributing more money to police forces, and have a squad car on campus, or within the vicinity. Its the only way.

You have an armed individual who is certified and legit to be armed. preferabley a K-9 unit. More cops, or get National Guard units in the area to spare a soldier and a dog.

Its the most effective way. Criminals break laws, and arming EVERYONE is absurd. More cops, or employ your local military station or national guard units.

I agree with the regulation on guns; but more specifically on the ownership of semi-auto and automatic weapons. I read that there is a bill that, if passed, will regulate ownership of guns among the mentally ill... however that may not be effective considering that even convicted felons can still get their hands on a gun.

I agree with the regulation on guns; but more specifically on the ownership of semi-auto and automatic weapons. I read that there is a bill that, if passed, will regulate ownership of guns among the mentally ill... however that may not be effective considering that even convicted felons can still get their hands on a gun.

The mentally ill may not be able to own guns, but what happens when they kill a person who IS allowed to have them, and shoots up an elementary school? You know, exactly what happened friday?

Even those of you who are staunchly in favor of your Second Ammendment rights...what I'm wondering is if you think that this
90289_XM15.jpg

has any reason to be sold to the general public?

Even those of you who are staunchly in favor of your Second Ammendment rights...what I'm wondering is if you think that this
90289_XM15.jpg

has any reason to be sold to the general public?

Second amendment people will tell you its because the point of the amendment is to be able to defend yourself against an unruly government, and in order to do that, you need to have the same stuff they have.

Thats obviously fucking stupid, but its technically correct.

The mentally ill may not be able to own guns, but what happens when they kill a person who IS allowed to have them, and shoots up an elementary school? You know, exactly what happened friday?

Exactly why the bill may not be effective, even if the family of the mentally ill is forced under that same regulation as long as they share a house.

I do think regulations against auto and semi-auto fire arms should be placed into effect. Even for hunting.

What does it mean to have mental illness? I have been diagnosed and properly DSM-IV coded as having some form of Attention-Defecit Hyperactivity-Disorder. Would I, then, not be able to purchase firearms?

I can only see this flying if everyone in the United States was required by law to have a mental health screening. It is common knowledge (or it very well should be) that most mental health issues are left untreated, whether it be because of the negative stigma associated with mental health or limited access to affordable mental health services. I am curious to know how many murders per year are committed in the United States by individuals without sufficient healthcare accessibility.

Second amendment people will tell you its because the point of the amendment is to be able to defend yourself against an unruly government, and in order to do that, you need to have the same stuff they have.

I have no fucking clue why the general public needs to own an M-4 or an M-1 military assault rifle.

I'm all for 2nd amendment rights but certain guns should be banned from the general public. Semi-automatic and automatic guns are not necessary for the general public to own. Neither are auto or semi-auto pistols. I'm all for being able to own a shotgun or a rifle (with proper certifications) but there's no reason at all for the general public to need military grade weapons.

Oh yes, I anticipated the argument. I tried to make my point...that owning such a weapon outside of active combat is absurd to the highest degree...by choosing a .223 Bushmaster image that is quite large.

And I would rebut with the reality that if a government is corrupt and wanted to use its military force against the people, it would seem unlikely that your isolated ownership of a semiautomatic mass-death machine is going to do much good.

Oh yes, I anticipated the argument. I tried to make my point...that owning such a weapon outside of active combat is absurd to the highest degree...by choosing a .223 Bushmaster image that is quite large.

And I would rebut with the reality that if a government is corrupt and wanted to use its military force against the people, it would seem unlikely that your isolated ownership of a semiautomatic mass-death machine is going to do much good.

One assault rifle versus many assault rifles. Generally not a good scenario for the lone wolf.

What does it mean to have mental illness? I have been diagnosed and properly DSM-IV coded as having some form of Attention-Defecit Hyperactivity-Disorder. Would I, then, not be able to purchase firearms?

I can only see this flying if everyone in the United States was required by law to have a mental health screening. It is common knowledge (or it very well should be) that most mental health issues are left untreated, whether it be because of the negative stigma associated with mental health or limited access to affordable mental health services. I am curious to know how many murders per year are committed in the United States by individuals without sufficient healthcare accessibility.

I'm bi-polar so the odds of me owning a gun under this bill are slim as well. And to add to that some forms of metal illness are either development later in life or are triggered by extreme trauma.

Which is a perfectly logic, and sound argument. Also unfortunately irrelevant to hwat I said. Not talking practiciality, or even common sense, we are talking about rights granted by the constitution

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back