Ask me anything

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
I guess I'm copying Shocky but I had a good time doing it here that i have decided to make my own thread.

Ask me anything wrestling related anything at all

I lova ya Milenko...but this is going to be one of the most least-viewed threads in the history of WZ, :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

How does it feel to be confronted with the knowledge that at Civil Revolution you can only suffering crippling defeat, in your own match, at the hands of a drunken madman?

How does it feel to be confronted with the knowledge that at Civil Revolution you can only suffering crippling defeat, in your own match, at the hands of a drunken madman?
I'd be mad if that was actually goingto happen. However we both know you've just been holding that title for me

I'd be mad if that was actually goingto happen. However we both know you've just been holding that title for me

I can only be holding a title if I won it from someone else and you were gunning for me.

I seem to recall beating you clean in one match, then smashing your skull into a steel chair via brainbuster to win the title.

It's less that I'm holding the title as you're desperately trying to regain it in a last ditch effort.

Also, I take offense at being forced to participate in a "Juggalo Death Match". I mean, really.

Ok, Milenko.....

1.) What is your favorite RVD move? (I vote for his split legged moonsault)

2.) When did you realize that RVD was the greatest wrestler alive?

3.) RVD vs. Sabu or RVD in a tag team with Sabu?

Ok, Milenko.....

1.) What is your favorite RVD move? (I vote for his split legged moonsault)
Van Terminator. Not many people can jump from one side of the ring to the other and make it look beliveable. Also I heard that before his match at wrestlmania with his father Paul Heyman showed Shane a video of The Van Terminator and asked if he thought he could do it. RVD does it better
2.) When did you realize that RVD was the greatest wrestler alive?
When I saw his match with Jerry Lynn at Hardcore Heaven '99
3.) RVD vs. Sabu or RVD in a tag team with Sabu?
Any time RVD is a heel I'm happy but I would have to say as a Tag Team with Sabu. I remember seeing the time Jerry Lawler showed up in the ECW arena and at his side were Sabu & RVD keeping the ECW wrestlers from helping Dreamer. It made me hate him and love him at the same time if that makes any sense
You beating callahan....really?
Yeah Really. Igot changes ot my character that will knock your socks off and possibly make me the first 2x Mayhem Champion in WZCW history.

Well... I was gonna ask you your thoughts on Santino... but I think I can guess your response.

Santino Marella
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Santino Marella

Statistics
Ring name(s) Boris Alexiev[1]
Johnny Geo Basco
Santino Marella
Santina Marella[2]Papa Marella (Santino's Casa)
Billed height 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)[3]
Billed weight 227 lb (103 kg)[4]
Born March 14, 1979 (age 30)[5]
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada[3]
Resides Paterson, New Jersey
Billed from Russia (OVW)
Calabria, Italy[4] (WWE)
Paterson, New Jersey (WWE)
Trained by OVW staff[1]
Debut 2004

Anthony Carelli[6] (born March 14, 1979)[5] is a Canadian professional wrestler of Italian descent[6] better known by his ring name Santino Marella. Since winning the 25 Diva battle royal at WrestleMania XXV, he has also been competing in drag as Santina Marella.[2] He is currently signed to World Wrestling Entertainment wrestling on the Raw brand.[4] Since competing for WWE, he has become a two time Intercontinental Champion.[4][6]Contents [hide]
1 Before wrestling
2 Wrestling career
2.1 Ohio Valley Wrestling
2.2 World Wrestling Entertainment
2.2.1 Debut on Raw (2007)
2.2.2 Glamarella and Miss Wrestlemania (2008–2009)
3 Personal life
4 In wrestling
5 Championships and accomplishments
6 Notes
7 References
8 External links

[edit]
Before wrestling

Carelli was born in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.[3] He was a mixed martial artist in Japan for several years before moving to the United States in May 2005 to learn to become a professional wrestler.[6]

[edit]
Wrestling career

[edit]
Ohio Valley Wrestling

In the United States, Carelli took classes at and worked for the Ohio Valley Wrestling (OVW) a developmental territory for the national World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE). Upon joining OVW, Carelli was given the ring name Johnny Geo Basco. While there, he was involved in an infamous incident with Jim Cornette, the company's head booker and part-owner. After a storyline where he was supposed to act afraid of the Boogeyman but instead laughed, Cornette yelled at and slapped Carelli,[6] leading to Cornette being removed from his position as booker of OVW by WWE.[6][7][8]

Paul Heyman was appointed OVW booker to replace Cornette and changed Carelli's ring name from Johnny Geo Basco to Boris Alexiev, giving him a Russian shoot fighter gimmick.[6][9] As Alexiev he made his debut on April 12, 2006 along with his manager and "comrade", Mr. Strongko.[10] With his new gimmick he was booked to dominate opponents with stiff strikes and submission style wrestling,[11] including a 10-second win over a wrestler named Dewey.[10] He signed a developmental deal with WWE on August 11, 2006,[9] and continued working in OVW.

On January 24, 2007, Alexiev was booked to hold the OVW Television Championship, defeating Bad Kompany (Mike Kruel and Shawn Osbourne) who were holding the title simultaneously. He dropped the title back to Kruel on February 7, but got it back on March 14. His second reign lasted for three days, as he dropped it to Shawn Spears on March 17.[12] He was called up to the active roster a month later.

[edit]
World Wrestling Entertainment

[edit]
Debut on Raw (2007)

He made his main-roster debut on the April 16, 2007 edition of WWE Raw in Milan, Italy, as a planted fan named Santino Marella. Marella's debut, in which he took the WWE Intercontinental Championship from Umaga in a No Holds Barred match after interference from Bobby Lashley, resulted in both that night and Santino himself being dubbed the "Milan Miracle".[13][14] The surname Marella was chosen for the character in honor of WWE Hall of Famer Gorilla Monsoon—real name Robert Marella—and was given to Carelli shortly before the trip to Italy.[6] The next day WWE.com posted a profile on Marella with a fictional background saying he was an Italian national who moved to Canada as a child and returned to his native country a few times each year to visit family. It further stated that he moved to the U.S. to begin training with the goal of breaking into professional wrestling, and ultimately WWE.[4]

Santino Marella and Maria.

Shortly after gaining the Intercontinental Championship, Marella started a scripted rivalry with Chris Masters, narrowly retaining the title over him in his first defenses.[15][16] He held the Intercontinental Championship for three months before dropping it back to Umaga on July 2,[17] after having just defeated him at the June 24 Vengeance: Night of Champions pay-per-view by disqualification when Umaga stopped listening to referee's instructions and continued punching Marella.

After losing the title Marella's character became increasingly villainous; he was depicted as possessive and jealous of his girlfriend WWE Diva Maria. Over several weeks they appeared together in a series of segments on Raw, including two mini "game shows" hosted by General Manager William Regal which resulted in retired wrestler Ron Simmons winning a date with Maria, much to Santino's dismay.[18][19] At the same time Marella, began a campaign of bashing the WWE Films production The Condemned as its DVD release neared.[20] He was eventually confronted by the film's star, Steve Austin, who argued the film's merits before delivering a Stone Cold Stunner to Marella and soaking both him and Maria down with a hose from a Budweiser truck.[21] During the Austin program, Marella repeatedly mocked Austin and mangled the English language and his catchphrases in promos,[20] giving his character a new humorous bent.

After a short program with Jerry Lawler,[22][23] he was placed into a tag team with Carlito.[24][25] At the same time, Maria was chosen to be pose for Playboy magazine, which was used as part of their storyline. When he was unable to get her to turn the offer down,[26] he attempted to sabotage the cover unveiling, finally pushing Maria to break up with him.[27] At WrestleMania XXIV, Maria was involved in a "Playboy BunnyMania Lumberjack match", during which Santino interfered only to get clotheslined by celebrity Master of Ceremonies Snoop Dogg after the match.[28] Marella's feud with Maria came to an end after she defeated him on the episode of Raw the day after WrestleMania. Marella and Carlito began a feud with Hardcore Holly and Cody Rhodes over the World Tag Team Championship. During a title match between the two teams, Roddy Piper distracted Marella, who was then pinned and so lost the match for his team. Due to the distraction, Marella started a rivalry with Piper, including a confrontation on Jimmy Kimmel Live!.

[edit]
Glamarella and Miss Wrestlemania (2008–2009)

Marella and Beth Phoenix in late 2008

On the July 14, 2008 episode of Raw, Marella was defeated by WWE Diva Beth Phoenix in an intergender match, after Marella issued an open challenge to the entire Raw roster.[29] The angle continued the following week after Marella lost to the returning D'Lo Brown. Marella and Phoenix shared a kiss, both expressing considerable confusion afterwards.[30] In later weeks, they became an on-screen power couple, later called "Glamarella", a portmanteau of "Glamazon" (Phoenix's nickname) and Marella. At SummerSlam, Marella won the Intercontinental Championship for a second time, when he teamed with Phoenix against champion Kofi Kingston and WWE Women's Champion Mickie James. Phoenix pinned James after hitting her Glam Slam, thus winning both titles for her team per the pre-match stipulation.[31]

During his second reign, Marella started a quest to become the "greatest Intercontinental champion of all the times" by beating The Honky Tonk Man's record reign of 64 weeks, constantly bringing out a status report called the "Honk-A-Meter". At Cyber Sunday, Marella defended the Intercontinental title against the Honky Tonk Man (who won the majority of fan's votes, beating fellow former champions Roddy Piper and Goldust), losing by disqualification.[32] On the November 10 episode of Raw, Marella lost the title to William Regal and thus failed to reign as champion for more than 64 weeks.[33]

At the beginning of 2009, Marella entered the Royal Rumble drawing number 28. He was instantly eliminated by Kane in 1.9 seconds, thus breaking The Warlord's two second record for shortest Royal Rumble appearance at the 1989 Royal Rumble.[34]

"Santina" with Beth Phoenix and Rosa Mendes

Following the announcement of a 25-Diva battle royal at WrestleMania XXV to crown the first-ever "Miss WrestleMania", Marella began a face turn and was placed in an angle in which he expressed his desire to compete in the match. The storyline called for Marella to challenge Mickie James in a match where he had one arm tied behind his back, and if he won, he would gain entry into the match. He lost, however, and, as a result, the following week, in a bid to prove he was eligible to compete, he revealed he was wearing a mankini, but was subsequently attacked by most of the Divas on the roster. Nevertheless, at WrestleMania XXV, Marella won the 25 Diva battle royal, competing in drag under the disguise of "Santino Marella's twin sister, Santina", and last eliminating Phoenix and Melina.[2] On the May 18 episode of Raw Santina lost the "Miss Wrestlemania" title to Vickie Guerrero. Marella won it back at Extreme Rules when he defeated Vickie Guerrero and Chavo Guerrero in a Handicap Hog Pen match .

[edit]
Personal life

Carelli has a daughter.[6]

On May 1, 2008, Carelli was arrested on a DUI charge by police in Tampa, Florida, but was later released on a $500 bond.[5]

[edit]
In wrestling

Santino Marella as the WWE Intercontinental Champion.
Finishing and signature moves
As Santino Marella
Diving headbutt, preceded by a salute[35] – 2008–present
Snap swinging neckbreaker – 2007–2008
Battering ram
Hip toss
Jawbreaker
Leg–feed enzuigiri
Pointed front elbow drop, with theatrics
Shoot kick to the thigh
Suplex Powerslam
STO
Various roll–up combinations
As Boris Alexiev
Standing inverted Fujiwara armbar
Triangle choke[1]
Diving superkick
Full nelson facebuster
Hanging figure four necklock
Jawbreaker
Leg–feed enzuigiri
Rolling over the shoulder arm drag
Shoot kick to the thigh
STO
Nicknames
"The New Italian Stallion"
"The Milan Miracle"
"Miss WrestleMania" (as Santina)
Managers
Mr. Strongko
Maria
Beth Phoenix
Rosa Mendes
Entrance themes
Marella's first WWE entrance theme was from the VideoHelper production library and titled "Rocky Start". He was later given a new track, "La Vittoria é Mia (Victory Is Mine)"—written and composed by WWE music producer Jim Johnston[36]—which features heavy guitars and opera style singing in Italian. As "Santina Marella", he uses a remixed version of "You Look So Good To Me" by Jim Johnston.
Santino's Casa
Marella hosts a weekly segment on WWE.com called "Santino's Casa", where he discusses the latest pop culture events in his own style. The likes of Chris Jericho, Carlito, Beth Phoenix (frequently, in accordance to her role as his on-screen girlfriend) and Joey Styles have made cameos on the segment.

[edit]
Championships and accomplishments

Santino during his second reign as Intercontinental Champion.
Ohio Valley Wrestling
OVW Television Championship (2 times)[12]
Pro Wrestling Illustrated
PWI ranked him #91 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2008[37]
World Wrestling Entertainment
WWE Intercontinental Championship (2 times)[38]
Miss WrestleMania (2 times, current)
Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
Best Gimmick (2007, 2008)

[edit]
Notes
^ a b c "Santino Marella bio". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved on 2008-08-07.
^ a b c Plummer, Dale (2009-04-06). "Wrestlemania 25: HBK-Undertaker steals the show". Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved on 2009-04-06.
^ a b c Andrews, Kenai (2008-02-03). "La Vita è Bella for Santino". SLAM! Sports. Retrieved on 2008-02-05.
^ a b c d e "WWE Bio". WWE. Retrieved on 2007-04-18.
^ a b c "Individual's Charge Report - Anthony Carelli". Hillsborough County Sherriff's Office. Retrieved on 2008-05-01.
^ a b c d e f g h i The LilsBoys (2007-12-06). ""The Man Behind Santino Marella"". The Sun. Retrieved on 2007-12-07.
^ Waldman, J. (2005-07-08). "Jim Cornette released from WWE". Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved on 2007-04-16.
^ Milner, J.. "The Boogeyman". Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved on 2007-04-16.
^ a b Pollock, J. (August 11, 2006). "Friday Update". The Fight Network. Archived from the original on 2007-12-22. Retrieved on April 16 2007.
^ a b "OVW results - 2006". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved on 2007-04-18.
^ "Boris Alexiev profile". OVWrestling.com. Archived from the original on 2007-02-05. Retrieved on 2007-04-16.
^ a b "OVW Television Championship". Solie.org. Retrieved on April 17 2007.
^ "Santino Marella's first reign". Title histories > Intercontinental. WWE. Retrieved on 2008-01-04.
^ "Santino Marella". WWE. Retrieved on 2008-01-04.
^ "Raw results - May 7, 2007". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved on 2008-01-04.
^ "Raw results - May 14, 2007". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved on 2008-01-04.
^ "Raw results - July 2, 2007". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved on 2008-01-04.
^ "Raw results - August 6, 2007". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved on 2008-01-04.
^ "Raw results - August 13, 2007". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved on 2008-01-04.
^ a b "Raw results - October 8, 2007". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved on 2008-01-20.
^ "Raw results - November 5, 2007". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved on 2008-01-04.
^ "Raw results - November 12, 2007". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved on 2008-01-04.
^ "Raw results - November 19, 2007". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved on 2008-01-04.
^ "Raw results - December 17, 2007". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved on 2008-01-04.
^ "Raw results - December 31, 2007". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved on 2008-01-04.
^ "Raw results - January 21, 2008". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved on 2008-04-22.
^ "Raw results - March 3, 2008". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved on 2008-04-22.
^ Rothstein, Simon (2008-01-04). "Celebs star at WrestleMania". The Sun. Retrieved on 2008-04-22.
^ Sitterson, Aubrey. "Anarchy in NC". WWE. Retrieved on 2008-07-17.
^ Sitterson, Aubrey (2008-07-21). "Civil unrest". WWE. Retrieved on 2008-07-22.
^ Medalis, Kara A. (2008-08-17). "'Glamarella' wins the gold". World Wrestling Entertainment. Retrieved on 2008-08-18.
^ Adkins, Greg (2008-10-26). "Combo Italiano". World Wrestling Entertainment. Retrieved on 2009-03-02.
^ Sitterson, Aubrey (2008-11-10). "Union jacked". World Wrestling Entertainment. Retrieved on 2009-03-02.
^ "Facts & figures". WWE. Retrieved on 2009-01-26.
^ "Santino Marella". WWE Kids. Retrieved on 2008-12-04.
^ "BMI: Johnston James Alan". BMI. Retrieved on 2008-01-21.
^ Clark, Ryan (2008-09-18). "The Complete 'PWI 500' List For 2008". Pro Wrestling Illustrated. WrestlingInc.com. Retrieved on 2009-03-10.
^ "WWF/WWE Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship". Wrestling-Titles. Retrieved on 2008-01-04.

[edit]
References
Top WWE names emerge in doping scandal

[edit]
External links Professional wrestling
portal
Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Anthony Carelli

Santino Marella at WWE.com
Santino Marella at Online World Of Wrestling[show]

Links to related articles

Categories: 1979 births | Canadian professional wrestlers | Italian Canadians | Living people
Article Discussion Edit this page History
Navigation
Main page
Contents
Featured content
Current events
Random article
Search

Interaction
About Wikipedia
Community portal
Recent changes
Contact Wikipedia
Donate to Wikipedia
Help
Toolbox
What links here
Related changes
Upload file
Special pages
Printable version
Permanent link
Cite this page
Languages
Boarisch
Català
Español
Français
Italiano
Nederlands
日本語
‪Norsk (bokmål)‬
Polski
Português
Simple English
Suomi
Tiếng Việt

This page was last modified on 21 June 2009 at 20:03. Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License; additional terms may apply. See Terms of Use for details.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a U.S. registered 501(c)(3) tax-deductible nonprofit charity.
Privacy policy About Wikipedia Disclaimers

Well, not really. Even if you did flame me in rep I don't think it would bother me too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back