• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are TNA Fans in General Sick of the Hardy's?

wushady

Championship Contender
Recently as most of the IWC know TNA's ratings went up slightly and Matt (probably in character) claimed he and Jeff were responsible. He reportable took some heat backstage for this. It's true the ratings did slightly go up after Matt debuted. However what he failed to mention the same night he debuted Jeff dropped the belt to Mr. Anderson.

In my opinion Anderson had a bigger hand in the ratings increase than the Hardys did. This weeks rating went back down slightly on the first show after Jeff won the title back. I don't think these slight changes in the ratings will make or break TNA.

Since Jeff has been in TNA many in the IWC believe his ring work and promos haven't been on the same level. Only his biggest marks will argue differently.I personally like Jeff but I haven't been impressed with him lately. I've never been the biggest fan of Matt. He's a descent wrestler but not a maineventer.

Do you think people are turned off by Jeff's on going court case? Matt's odd twitter and you tube videos or both?

I agree with you that the increase in ratings was more due to Anderson's title win than due to Matt Hardy's debut.

The way I see it the casual fans do care somewhat for Jeff Hardy but they have never cared for Matt. Jeff has his fair share of misdemeanours but he is an entertaining wrestler. In the first few PPV's after he turned heel you could still hear the crowd cheering Jeff Hardy over Morgan but now I guess the heel turn has finally sunk in. The fact that Anderson, TNA's most over face at this point, has risen as the major opposition to Jeff has also helped.

Most casual fans have never cared for Matt. He is a decent wrestler but that is all he has. He has never had any charisma to speak of. The only fans he ever had were a few simple minded members of the IWC who got brainwashed by his Youtube videos and his rants on Edge and Lita. Most people can see through Matt and can see that he is nothing but an unjustified mark for himself.

I never liked either. The only redeeming factor was they hung round with a hot ass Lita. Other than that I didn't care for them, their opinions, their wrestling....

The fact that a slight ratings bump contributed Matt Hardy to claim it was because of him and his brother says his ego is also inflated much like his physical appearance.

You need time to be a pompous ASS. Atleast Bischoff waited 82 weeks before acknowledging and claiming he was a genuis, Matt does it after ONE day. The guy is a clown.

The Hardys are, in short, stale, and have been allowed to become so due to TNA's inability to come up with exciting gimmicks to keep their acts fresh

I know what I find annoying. That is people that are stupid enough to not see that TNA has been using twitter to "work" storylines for a while now. The Matt Hardy tweet could not have been more obviously kayfabe. You are supposed to dislike heels. The trial has nothing to do with you. Yes, even if you play wrestling booker in a basement.

Reactions: PhD
Personally, I like both Hardys. I do feel that their in ring work has decreased over the years, not that it was stellar to begin with. When Matt debuted the ratings increased that day. How much of that was really because of Matt and how much was because of people, like me, were just curious about the Hardys teaming up again for the first time in years? As far as the ratings going down after Jeff regained the TNA title, I didn't watch because I have no desire to see a Jeff vs RVD match. Jeff vs Anderson is a much more exciting feud to watch.

I know what I find annoying. That is people that are stupid enough to not see that TNA has been using twitter to "work" storylines for a while now. The Matt Hardy tweet could not have been more obviously kayfabe. You are supposed to dislike heels. The trial has nothing to do with you. Yes, even if you play wrestling booker in a basement.

OH MY GOD, SHUT UP!!

You always come up with the most assanine things to say. It has nothing to do with kayfabe, Matt Hardy has been acting like this and garnering hate since long before he showed up in TNA. Is Jeff Hardy's drug problems just kayfabe too? Are they being drugged out and slothlike to get us to hate them.
Hey everyone, turns out Matt Hardy isn't bow-legged, he's just playing a character.

I know you have this insatiable desire to defend TNA, even when they aren't being attacked, but really? We can't dislike a TNA wrestler without it being a genius ploy on their end? Seriously, The Hardy's suck and it's not because they're playing their roles right, it's because they're bottom of the barrel on the human totem pole

Well, i don't think TNA fans are sick of the Hardys. The thing about the ratings increase might be due to the fact that fans were intrigued with the fact that the Haardys were teaming up in TNA for the first time. As for the ratings decrease this week, well 1 people might read spoilers so they don't watch if they already know what is happenning. 2 well people have to work, so if they work at night they don't watch the program unless they have recorded it, and i guess ratings might not reflect the use of DVRs.

That is a pretty asinine way to spell asinine. Anyway ...

The thing is that this wasn't some "genius ploy." It is fucking obvious to anyone that pulls their head out of their ass for a minute. What is the main story involving immortal vs fortune centered around presently? How is it a "coincidence" that Matt's tweet fit perfectly into that. The fact you believe he made that tweet out of undeserved ego is precisely the reason it works. It gets him exactly the type of heat they want for the present story.

That is a pretty asinine way to spell asinine. Anyway ...

The thing is that this wasn't some "genius ploy." It is fucking obvious to anyone that pulls their head out of their ass for a minute. What is the main story involving immortal vs fortune centered around presently? How is it a "coincidence" that Matt's tweet fit perfectly into that. The fact you believe he made that tweet out of undeserved ego is precisely the reason it works. It gets him exactly the type of heat they want for the present story.

Your entire argument is based off of an assumption that the entire reason people hate Matt Hardy is based off of a recent tweet. It's because of months and months of stupid videos, it's because of an increase of ego and self-grandeur combined with a drastic drop in skill.

Good catch on my mispelling of asanine. Really enhanced your point and nullified mine.

HARDY... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.... Jeff, the druggo, :banghead:... No, Fatto said something... :wtf: Is that something new...??? Did he just said that he's going to be prez of United States of Ass-Holes.. I trust him... ;)

I mean come-ohhhhhn.. The guy never had any charisma so as to say.. he was involved in some good feuds in the past but some-one had to carry him all the time.. he never got the rub from his brother.. he never was the rock star like jeff.. and still jeff was much more humble than him [WHEN HE WASN'T TIPSY]..

To quote it "It wasn't due to the Hardys that Ratings went up.. Probably a glitch in other channels that people had to see TNA as a last resort.. But trust me, nothing on those two brothes!!"

PS--> I used to love Lita.. Damn, she was hot!!
Lita-wwe-diva-2.jpg

Misspelling of asinine but whatever.

I merely commented on an issue that had been brought up several times in the thread already. I am sure plenty of people dislike Matt for whatever reason. That being said it is pretyt obvious everyone doesn't dislike him. He still gets cheered actually by noticeable sections of the crowd. What is dumb is that people dislike him for videos that it is clear he made to get a specific reaction. Much like this recent tweet. What you do not get is that by obsessing about your hate for him you are actually helping him and giving his character credibility. That is the part that amuses me greatly.

I personally am a huge Jeff Hardy (yeah hate me) but i have noticed through the bit i watch of tna or i should say wrestling in general. Also what I've watched on Youtube to catch up Jeff has gotten pretty lazy it seems in his ring work and his moves are alot sloppier.

Matt on the otherside i really am not a fan anymore i follow matt on twitter and have watched quite a few of his youtube videos. I do not know whether or not some of the stuff he says is kayfabe or not i dont know him but i hope it is because not only is he a pompous jerk but he is also at times incredibly whiney escpecially about the dirtsheets. I mean come on your a wrestler get used to it.

As for a possible ratings increase because him and jeff are in TNA. 1. Jeffs been in tna for quite awhile now so i doubt he would have much jump all of the sudden. 2. Matt it seems actually turned alot of people against him with his twitter and his youtube entries. So it could be kayfabe or it could be hes actually legitimately full of himself

I think that TNA fans are getting sick of both Hardy's egos and all the bull crap they bring. Matt is so full of himself he can't hide it (his fattitude). I also Feel TNA is getting tired of Jeff's problems. For as many people as he can put in the seats he sure needs to clean his act up. He could be a big star still in the big time (WWE) but he was released because oxycotton was more important to him than his company. I do agree with his heel push. Most people know the Hardy's talent is way overated which makes both brothers easy to hate. Both Hardy's are no talent cry babys who unfortunately deserve everything that comes there way. My only question is if Jeff is the druggy, why was Matt the only one with the munchies?

They really need 2 get both of them out the way. The bootleg sting and whats his name oh yeah fatboy. Nall let me stop lol. BUT let aj and flair and 4tune take the title from jeff which i thick gone happen and then its a wrap. AND fatboy aint goin nowhere anyway

I agree with you that the increase in ratings was more due to Anderson's title win than due to Matt Hardy's debut.

The way I see it the casual fans do care somewhat for Jeff Hardy but they have never cared for Matt. Jeff has his fair share of misdemeanours but he is an entertaining wrestler. In the first few PPV's after he turned heel you could still hear the crowd cheering Jeff Hardy over Morgan but now I guess the heel turn has finally sunk in. The fact that Anderson, TNA's most over face at this point, has risen as the major opposition to Jeff has also helped.

Most casual fans have never cared for Matt. He is a decent wrestler but that is all he has. He has never had any charisma to speak of. The only fans he ever had were a few simple minded members of the IWC who got brainwashed by his Youtube videos and his rants on Edge and Lita. Most people can see through Matt and can see that he is nothing but an unjustified mark for himself.

Good lord, a Rattlesnake post that I agree with 100%. Good job dude, you hit it right on the head. I personally would have no problem with Matt as a wrestler. Sure he has gained some weight, but it seems like he's trying to work out and he does look alot bigger in the upperbody region. I'm not talking about fat, I'm talking about him getting some biceps.

Look at Scott Stiener, he wasn't that big when he first started. Then he turned into a powerhouse, I see Matt sort of trying to go the power route now that he's getting on in his carier.

But Jeff has allways been the higher flyer of the group and he really can't change from that. BUTTT the whole fucking emo goth antichrist bullshit needs to stop. It's fucking dumb, I hate the whole darker pissed off at everyone crap he's trying to pull. Jeff can still wrestle somewhat in my eyes. But his bullshit gimmick is clouding my eyes, because its just that terrible. Its been overdone, overused, and Abused in pro wrestling for ever. Come up with your own shit for once Russo.

OH MY GOD, SHUT UP!!

You always come up with the most assanine things to say. It has nothing to do with kayfabe, Matt Hardy has been acting like this and garnering hate since long before he showed up in TNA. Is Jeff Hardy's drug problems just kayfabe too? Are they being drugged out and slothlike to get us to hate them.
Hey everyone, turns out Matt Hardy isn't bow-legged, he's just playing a character.

I know you have this insatiable desire to defend TNA, even when they aren't being attacked, but really? We can't dislike a TNA wrestler without it being a genius ploy on their end? Seriously, The Hardy's suck and it's not because they're playing their roles right, it's because they're bottom of the barrel on the human totem pole

Quite frankly, I don't give a damn if he's in character or not. Only an idiot would take his comment seriously. TNA's ratings went up by one or two points, Matt made a dumb retort and suddenly people are claiming he's a lunatic for it. His streak of Youtube videos were a subject to be concerned about. He did them to get fired from WWE. Now that's an issue. Twitter? Who gives a shit? Matt's making dumb jokes about ratings and John Cena is goofing about The Rock's Fruity Pebbles joke. It's Twitter. Not TNAWrestling.com.

Am I sick of the Hardy's? No, not really. I think the issue is that we are seeing Jeff Hardy for who he truly is. By that I mean that he doesn't rely constantly on his daredevil stunts. But of course, some things never change. Matt still has to cling to him for relevance. I don't really mind. As long as he never goes near the Heavyweight title. The X Division and mid-card can use some heels right now.

i couldn't be more tired of the Hardy's. the only reason i don't change the channel when they're on is cause they're usually doing something with either AJ Styles or Mr. Anderson. It's been continuously reported that Matt Hardy wanted to get a spot on the creative team as well when he joined TNA. Wanna know why? Because he knows the only way he'll ever be a real champion is if he books it himself!

TNA is in short, what the Hardy's have left in the business at present. I don't think either of them would be willing to live out the rest of their careers in the indies, and would have to work to regain their momentum in the WWE if that would ever happen.

TNA certainly has less talented people on their roster, though most of it acquired from the WWE or elsewhere. Jeff's in ring work has seen better days (not even going to go into the drug charges) and Matt just never seemed to be able to kick into full gear at the end of his WWE run.

TNA tends to give WWE talent monster pushes and title reigns and it only really helps in the short term. I don't think the Hardy's will be an exception.

I dont mind them...but I dont like how Jeff is champion. He just isnt a main eventer. They shouldve kept him as a face and help rebuild the x division.

i 'liked' both hardys back in the wwf days. when one couldnt work without the other. they were a team back then. flying high. taking risks. they were bttr wrestlers then as well.

now jeffs an addict whos a shadow of who he once was and matt is a self indulging mass of flab who hates anybody who dated his ex.

jeff is having an awesome stint in tna no question abt tht but he was good in tna before his wwe return and just after his tna return. now i dont like him. hes predictable and boring.

and iv strted to dislike matt since tht v1 stint.

thts my opinion

I'm stunned by the legitimate hate these two are getting from everyone. A lot of the things I've read add up to nothing more than slighting suppositions(comprehend that). I think it's obvious for starters that both guys have got in better shape. Jeff did show up completely out of shape but he's lost the few pounds he needed to lose. Matt on the other hand actually made a big difference, he got some upper body back, toned up a bit, and flattened that stomach a smidgen which was also needed. I like their characters here, I think they are the best incarnation of Jeff and Matt Hardy. I have always liked Matt since the tag team days, but it has been this heel turn in TNA that has drawn me in with Jeff Hardy. And speaking of tag team days, Has everyone forgotten about all that? Has everyone forgotten thier legacy? How big they were and how popular they were as a tag team. I just thought I'd remind you since there are so many people trying to say "No one ever cared about Matt or Jeff". Another thing for me is that I don't give a shit about the twitter or youtube videos, that doesn't matter one fuck to me. I don't care about the drug charges either, dude likes to party, big deal, so do I and probably plenty of you. They are BOTH great wrestlers who put on good matches on a consistent basis. Jeff's mic work has been much better since the heel turnl. Matt's promo at AAO was better than most of the stuff he did in the WWE too. I think this is because these are THEIR characters, not the WWE's. This stuff isn't forced and scripted like it was in WWE, they get to just make it happen and Jeff has been, with Matt getting off to a decent start considering everything else going on in TNA. I don't think people are "tired of them" at all. I think that right now we are just getting to see THEM for the first time, and I am liking that more and more as we get to rediscover Matt and Jeff Hardy.

It might seem like I'm just all over them but that's not the case. I just don't have a bias against them because of what other people say or because of the things they do in their regular lives, so I'm calling it how I see it, right down the middle.

Aside from the ratings and twitter Matt is playing the IWC and yet again the IWC FALLS for his antics, he's smart but his character is a huge joke.

Are people sick of the Hardys, Jeff no, Matt YES!!!

My personal opinion Jeff left WWE at the peak of his career and from what I've watched of TNA (PPV's, and the live Impact) he hasn't impressed me one little bit. I'm not knocking TNA I'm knocking Jeff here he hasn't delivered the same as he was in WWE possibly due to his pending court case who knows, but he left WWE when he was the 1# guy there to go to TNA and until October, 10 months after his return TNA FINALLY did something right with Jeff.

Matt Hardy on the other hand I see no name value in his character or him for that matter. He's playing a character fans know isn't him. He's cold blooded he's a psycho yada yada yada really? Really?

I'm not a wrestler I've never been backstage but Matt had to have been a running joke in the locker room. Because of him not only did he lose earnings for 4-5 months, Edge got one mega push because Matt made the situation public and when he declined to meet with Adam in private to settle it man to man both Adam and Amy called him out for being a pussy for him to return to WWE only for them (in storyline) to make him look like a bitch proved he has no balls, dignity or self respect for himself.

In truth I lost respect for Matt as a man. Most men would throw down with someone who's been messing around with their wife/girlfriend and Matt didn't.

That is one wrestling fans opinion, I'm sure more than me feel the same. Matt should never have returned to WWE back in 2005 if history has taught us anything 9/10 times in WWE you leave under a black cloud when you return you're made to look weak and Matt is case in point and he has no one to blame but himself. I'm sure a lot of the IWC look at Matt and like me think he's nothing else but a moaner and if things don't go his way he runs to ole faithful the internet to voice his opinions rather then sort it out like a man, but nope he doesn't and I can't connect with any wrestler who's not himself in his own character, so yes as a fan I'm sick of seeing Matt Hardy he seems to be coasting on the coat tails of Jeff, and Jeff if he can go back to his form in 2009 then awesome if not it's a shame but TNA and his Anti-Christ of wrestling persona is pretty gnarly.

I hope my response wasn't interpreted as hateful, as I know a lot of people have voiced some pretty negative stuff. I'm trying to be balanced, and I certainly remember the impact they've had as a tag team.

However I don't see Jeff's run in TNA (either time) as being his best work, and with Matt it largely remains to be seem. I've always seen Matt as the more skilled in the ring so I do certainly hope he does well but I disagree with any real improvement with Jeff's mic skills as a heel. It's an interesting turn to see, as he's been a face most of his career, but Jeff was never the best mic worker to begin with.

I certainly don't blame the Hardy's for what's happened so far in TNA. This is a show that dotes on talent imported from WWE entirely too often, and while that can work to their advantage, bear in mind TNA does not have a good reputation for writing their talent well.

Not having seen much of Matt since he's been there of him I can say very little, but Jeff has traditionally been a guy who could make other people look really good with the way he takes bumps; he's not the person really known for carrying matches. in all of his main event WWE matches he's been with guys that knew how to carry a match (HHH, Edge, Punk, etc.) TNA's roster is not as filled with guys capable of doing this at the main event level. Sure if he's in a match with Van Dam, Mr. Anderson, Kurt Angle or AJ Styles it'll be great to watch, but Jarrett? Steiner? Abyss? If it were Jeff or Matt taking on the TNA bred it might be a different story, but that's just not likely.

Part of both Hardy's issues in TNA will surround what the company does with the talent around them. Neither have made a reputation for carrying a company and this company has not done all that well promoting its own talent or handling imported talent very well.

This will directly affect where they go here and what their collective futures are like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back