• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hardys: TNA's version of the brothers of destruction ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

World_Series_Attiude

Occasional Pre-Show
If you haven't heard there are many rumors stating due to recent "incidents" Matt Hardy may be released. If released all signs point to Matt joining his brother Jeff in TNA.

How would you like if Matt and Jeff became monster tweeners that ran thru the roster like undertaker and kane did when they first formed the brothers of destruction. Then throw in a little two man power trip element where the hardys are tag champs, Jeff is world champ and Matt is T.V Champ...After winning the T.V Title he renames the Extreme Title !

What do you guys think ?

This post sucks on at least three definable levels.

1. The "Brothers of Destruction" were monsters. Kane is 6'8 and 323lbs and the Undertaker is 6'10 and 299lbs. Matt Hardy is 6'2 and 236lbs, and Jeff Hardy is 6'1 and 215lbs. How exactly do you propose that two very average looking/weighing guys run through a roster that features a number of talents nearly twice their size like Matt Morgan, Abyss, Kevin Nash, Hernandez and more? Idiotic.

2. Jeff Hardy as World Champion? Yeah, maybe if he doesn't end up in fucking prison for trafficking drugs. Talk to me when he's cleared of all charges.

3. Matt Hardy as TV Champion and again renaming a title that's been renamed three times now, and worse yet – calling it the Extreme Title, as in a hardcore title? Jesus jumped up Christ, boy – you can't be serious. First off, if they rename that title one more time, I'm fairly confident it'll have less value than the American dollar. Secondly, a fucking useless "hardcore" title again? Really? Because that went over so well in the WWE, right? :rolleyes:

This post sucks on at least three definable levels.

1. The "Brothers of Destruction" were monsters. Kane is 6'8 and 323lbs and the Undertaker is 6'10 and 299lbs. Matt Hardy is 6'2 and 236lbs, and Jeff Hardy is 6'1 and 215lbs. How exactly do you propose that two very average looking/weighing guys run through a roster that features a number of talents nearly twice their size like Matt Morgan, Abyss, Kevin Nash, Hernandez and more? Idiotic.

So what your saying is that you have to be at least 6'8 to be taken seriously

Anyways back to the topic the brothers of destruction used their size and power to run thru the roster while the hardys can use their size and speed to their advantage...Imagine the the hardys v. sting/nash for all the titles and power of TNA. Who could say no to that main event ?

No, I'm saying you have to not be of average height and weight in order to "run through" the fucking roster.

This idea is fucking awful, and you know it.

What "size" do the Hardys have, exactly? The size of their bellies? What speed? Ten years ago, maybe.

And since when do Sting/Nash have all the titles and power in TNA?

I'm three seconds away from closing this stupid fucking thread.

i hope this is a joke. the hardyz can't be monster tweeners, because they are highflying(and i use that term loosly) faces.

as for running through the roster, i doubt it.

and there are far better options for a two man power trip.

I think a better title for the Hardys would be the Brothers of Self-Destruction :lmao:

Seriously Matt it seems now is nutty as a fucking fruitcake, maybe Jeff sold him some bad drugs or something, but Matt is definitely not there anymore. I mean when your drug selling drug addicted brother looks like the sane one, you obviously have problems.

I could see some sort of stable formed with Matt, Jeff, Shannon Moore, and Shane Helms if he ever shows up in TNA as well. The crowd at the Impact Zone are all marls for the Hardys because it is old school southern crowd for the most part and that where all these guys come from, so they will eat this shit up!

Jeff is world champ and Matt is T.V Champ...After winning the T.V Title he renames the Extreme Title !

Extreme Title? Really? Is this 2001, Is Limp Bizkit and POD still relevant? Did you just get your Sega Dreamcast?

Seriusly Matt Hardy is about as Extreme as a Phish concert these days, and if anything should probably just hang it up before he starts looking like Jake The Snake Roberts.

Chances are TNA will build up to a reunion(It will be a while because Matt wants to take time off) just to have them go over Generation Me or MCMG which would be a travesty. That is unless Jeff doesn't go to prision.

I don't see what the point would be to have Matt win the TV Title and call it the Extreme Title because a) it's been renamed too many times already and b) Matt isn't really extreme anymore. But as to the idea I think a better idea would be having The Hardys, Shane Helms and Shannon Moore form a team and go over the roster because it would then be 4 average guys not just 2 taking over the roster. It would be cool to see them 4 have a feud with Fortune.

I think a better title for the Hardys would be the Brothers of Self-Destruction :lmao:

I laughed my ass off. I needed that. :lol:

This idea had potential around 2005. Jeff Hardy was still with TNA I believe, Matt Hardy was very over from the heat surrounding the whole Matt-Lita-Edge ordeal and both were still very entertaining wrestlers. Matt had just been released from WWE because of his outburst about the situation (which I believe was a work, but that's for another time), and this when TNA should have pulled the trigger. TNA would have definitely taken a step up.

But, now? I'm sure TNA will sign Matt as soon as the E decides to let him go, and yes, TNA will push both Jeff's and Matt's bloated asses to the moon. Will it pay off?

About as well as... let's see, Scott Hall, Orlando Jordan, Sean Morley, Sean Waltman, The Nasty Boys, The Sandman, Jerry Lynn... Do you see a trend here?:banghead:

Folks, this is the same guy who in the past two weeks has suggested that:

1) Dixie Carter would make an excellent Knockouts champion, because, hey, it worked for Vince McMahon;
2) If Jeff Hardy were given a prison sentence, he be given the TNA World Championship.

To be fair, at least this idea isn't as stupid as the last two. To be honest, it's still pretty dumb. Matt Hardy is a career midcarder and Jeff has, beyond a complete lack of mic skills for someone who's been in the business as long as he has, a ten year prison sentence hanging over his head. Not the guy to book towards your future with.

Brilliant thread.

When I first heard about Matt Hardy, I started thinking about a Hardy Boys reunion in TNA as well. And where some see them as possibly being like the brothers of destruction, I see them being more like The Natural Disasters and I think there could a compelling storyline around it.

Jeff has put on weight and is in trouble with the law, Matt is fat and unstable.
These are two guys that are beloved by millions of fans. What I would do is a number of certain storylines, that focus on the downward spiral off the two.

One angle could be, Jeff and Matt reunite, and like any good actor looking to make art, they make sacrifices and by this, I mean Jeff and Matt continue to gain weight at a rapid pace. I think seeing this happen, will be gripping to the fans that have followed them. Watching them become victims of obesity.

Also, while getting fat, they could explore Jeff's legal troubles and have Jeff go to jail kayfabe. Like "Jeff Hardy was arrested this weekend." Just have the hardys be complete deadbeats, but in the ring they are just like Samoa Joe. And if Jeff doesn't really go to jail, just have him kayfabe be arrested once in a while, but only for short periods of time. Hell have both of them arrested for storylines sakes, for whatever reason. I could picture them being something like the blues brothers.

The fatter and more disoriented they become, the more legitamately threatening and violent they become. Jeff and Matt can run through most of the roster, b/c TNA has a lot of guys who are like 5'7 where as the Hardy's are like 6'1. Imagine them being a little taller then Samoa Joe, and fatter/more broad. Also they are brothers with great chemistry. I think they would be better then Tugboat an Earthquake were, just not as fat and better skilled in the ring.

A 300 lb'er doing a swanton off the ladder? Now that's cool.

Also, the storyline would be so raw and so disheartening for the young/hardy boys fans that it'd sure to be a hit. Watching them dissend from being the hearthrobs they once were, too middle aged, obese, mentally unstable criminals.

And other wrestlers could try and help them, but they get mad and attack them for it. And whenever you see them backstage they are eating and/or doing kayfabe drugs.

I think it could be great storyline.

If you haven't heard there are many rumors stating due to recent "incidents" Matt Hardy may be released. If released all signs point to Matt joining his brother Jeff in TNA.

How would you like if Matt and Jeff became monster tweeners that ran thru the roster like undertaker and kane did when they first formed the brothers of destruction. Then throw in a little two man power trip element where the hardys are tag champs, Jeff is world champ and Matt is T.V Champ...After winning the T.V Title he renames the Extreme Title !

What do you guys think ?

what do I think? you getting your drugs from Jeff Hardy or something? seriously though...I thought this thread was a joke before I clicked, now I'm wishing I hadnt clicked it. I literally felt my IQ drop 10 points.

the Hardys should never be compared to the Brothers of Destruction. I did crack up at the brothers of self-destruction comment btw...good one!

even though Jeff Hardy is still getting big pops, he's no where near the wrestler he used to be, and I just saw a recent pic of Matt Hardy, (looks like he's in his 3rd trimester) so seriously, they would NEVER be able to pull off the juggernaut unstoppable team. 1st because as a team, they arent relevant anymore, and secondly, because the MCMG would run circles around them. they are a far better tag team then the hardys ever were.

If you haven't heard there are many rumors stating due to recent "incidents" Matt Hardy may be released.

Hit the nail right on the head there buddy, it's a rumour. Get the fuck over it, Matt's in the WWE.

First of all, Matt is STILL in WWE. Jeff is currently dealing with the law, yet again. Are they the same ol' "extreme hardy-boyz" the used to be? No, because that was 10 years ago. Times change, deal with it. They are nothing like Undertaker and Kane, plain and simple. "Two Man Power Trip" element. So now you're comparing Jeff Hardy and Matt Hardy to Triple H and Stone Cold. Great, I can see how brainless you are already. Dare I continue with this post? Yeah, I'll give it a go. This thread is that god awful, that it needs saying. If Jeff's going to be World Champion of anything, it's going to be how many years he gets in jail. If Matt's going to be TV Champion and rename it the "extreme title" I'll literally piss my pants laughing. Extreme my arse. The most recent "extreme" thing to happen to Matt were his fucking intestines bursting.
It's 2010, not 2001. There is no extreme anymore.

What do you guys think ?
I think you're an idiot.

I thought that i had seen the stupidest thread ever when i read the wun about john cena having a greater legacy than The Rock...but when i saw this i nearly shut down down my computer

Jeff and Matt are 2 of the most non-intimidating figures in wrestling. Nowun is scared of them and nowun is going to buy anywun on the tna roster being scared of them so how the HELL do u expect them to be the brothers of destruction???????

the only way i see this happening is if they totally repackage there gimmicks and turn them into savages or something, with like a wolfpack mentality. Like them running around and jumping ppl kinda like nexus does but still.

but seriously.....dont be silly. this is stupid smh

you guys are forgeting that both Jeff and Matt are 10+ years veterans, they knw the in's and out's of the rinf and they will use that knowledge to defeat their enemies. This can be the hardy's time to prove that their not a couple of spot monkeys. Jeff and Matt can still go in the ring, did you see angle v. hardy did you see cody rhodes v. hardy ? Both Match of The Year candidates for the respective companys

you guys are forgeting that both Jeff and Matt are 10+ years veterans, they knw the in's and out's of the rinf and they will use that knowledge to defeat their enemies. This can be the hardy's time to prove that their not a couple of spot monkeys. Jeff and Matt can still go in the ring, did you see angle v. hardy did you see cody rhodes v. hardy ? Both Match of The Year candidates for the respective companys

LOL @ both matches being match of the year candidates, thats fucking comical.

Matt hardy vs Cody rhodes was a typical WWE midcard match, nothing special about it at all. and did you take a good look at matt? he looks like 5 lbs of shit stuffed into a 3 lb bag.

Kurt Angle vs Jeff Hardy was a good match, I'll admit that, but you fail to realize that it was Kurt Angle carrying both of them more then anything. Jeff looks like shit these days too. way too many bongtokes and snackycakes.

World_Series_Attiude is either trolling, or literally too stupid to understand basic logic, and either way this thread serves little purpose other than to fuel his ego or open him to incessant flaming.

I'm closing this thread – sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back