• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are Fortune/EV2.0 the last we'll see of (big) stables for awhile?

JenksIX

Pre-Show Stalwart
When I first saw Fortune with 7 men including Flair, I figured this is going to be the closest TNA comes to any sort of nWo (for the time being.) They wear suits, arrive in limos, and come across as heels. They even have Morgan who makes the stable more threatening (nWo had all the tallest, most jacked guys.)

Then there is EV2.0 that's a large group of blah.

Anyway, Fortune would make you think another large heel stable would be out of the question.

But then who is "They?"
And whatever happened too Bischoff/Hogan's heel take over of TNA? Are Hogan/Bisch gonna team up with Fortune?

If you watched ReAction, AJ Styles said about his "association" with Abyss "that's for me to know and you to find out." So Abyss is not just inadvertently helping Styles.

As for who Fortune has attacked - When they attacked EV2.0, Foley was "knocked out" when the lights were off but wasn't visibly touched by Fortune afterward.

The same goes for Hogan/Jarrett when they confronted Sting/Nash. When the lights came on, Hogan/Jarrett/Nash were all laid out but Fortune continued to beat down Nash and attacked Sting but steered clear of Hogan/Jarrett.

So Hogan/Jarrett/Foley Fortune alliance is possible, they are all also TNA management or w/e.

Anyway, I've always seen Hardcore Justice as a red herring. TNA needed too pull off what they did on tv were people would actually see it, otherwise no one would have seen what happened at Whole F'n Show.

I also have to believe EV2.0 is a red herring, but to what extent. Tommy Dreamer being both important on screen and off screen at the moment is a wild card. Where does Dreamer go after EV2.0 and what is Dreamer presenting creative with behind the scenes?

Now IDR brought up a good point, about something possibly big happening at BFG and involving the world title match.

For those that remember, Angle/Anderson had arguably the best match of the year when they faced each other at Lockdown. Also both men are capable of getting incredible heat or over no matter what the arena.

So, anyway is Fortune the last you think we'll see of a big stable? And do Hogan, Bisch, Jarrett, Foley and either Anderson/Angle (or whoever World Champ match involves) join them? Or is there really a "they" separate too Fortune?

Anyway, just like to get peoples thoughts on the whole situation. Also will a face stable be made? Where will the likes of Nash, Sting, and Jeff Hardy be when all is said and done? And when will RVD return?

damn with reading what u just said i really wish that tna could just do a simple story for once haha. i mean fortune is a pretty cool idea and i figured they would just fued with ev2 but then they attacked hogan, nash, jarret, and sting. 2 of them are heels and i just dont know what to think anymore. i kinda wanted to see the tag team match at bfg...hogan/jarret vs sting/nash. but now i think they will join forces to take out fortune

I think the direction is that Fortune will gradually turn face, as the TNA Originals fighting off both the Extreme invasion and the Wheel Chair Wrestling veterans. This logic would indicate that Abyss will line up with AJ Styles.

Possibly Fortune breaks with Flair at Bound For Glory, swarming in and devastating both Angle and Anderson during or just after the World Title match, and announcing that Fortune is taking over and running off anyone who made their name anywhere but TNA--ECW EV2, WCW Hogan Flair Biscoff Jarrett Nash , WWE Angle and Anderson.

When I first saw Fortune with 7 men including Flair, I figured this is going to be the closest TNA comes to any sort of nWo (for the time being.) They wear suits, arrive in limos, and come across as heels. They even have Morgan who makes the stable more threatening (nWo had all the tallest, most jacked guys.)

Then there is EV2.0 that's a large group of blah.

Anyway, Fortune would make you think another large heel stable would be out of the question.

But then who is "They?"
And whatever happened too Bischoff/Hogan's heel take over of TNA? Are Hogan/Bisch gonna team up with Fortune?

If you watched ReAction, AJ Styles said about his "association" with Abyss "that's for me to know and you to find out." So Abyss is not just inadvertently helping Styles.

As for who Fortune has attacked - When they attacked EV2.0, Foley was "knocked out" when the lights were off but wasn't visibly touched by Fortune afterward.

The same goes for Hogan/Jarrett when they confronted Sting/Nash. When the lights came on, Hogan/Jarrett/Nash were all laid out but Fortune continued to beat down Nash and attacked Sting but steered clear of Hogan/Jarrett.

So Hogan/Jarrett/Foley Fortune alliance is possible, they are all also TNA management or w/e.

Anyway, I've always seen Hardcore Justice as a red herring. TNA needed too pull off what they did on tv were people would actually see it, otherwise no one would have seen what happened at Whole F'n Show.

I also have to believe EV2.0 is a red herring, but to what extent. Tommy Dreamer being both important on screen and off screen at the moment is a wild card. Where does Dreamer go after EV2.0 and what is Dreamer presenting creative with behind the scenes?

Now IDR brought up a good point, about something possibly big happening at BFG and involving the world title match.

For those that remember, Angle/Anderson had arguably the best match of the year when they faced each other at Lockdown. Also both men are capable of getting incredible heat or over no matter what the arena.

So, anyway is Fortune the last you think we'll see of a big stable? And do Hogan, Bisch, Jarrett, Foley and either Anderson/Angle (or whoever World Champ match involves) join them? Or is there really a "they" separate too Fortune?

Anyway, just like to get peoples thoughts on the whole situation. Also will a face stable be made? Where will the likes of Nash, Sting, and Jeff Hardy be when all is said and done? And when will RVD return?

Sorry for how convoluted that is, I'm a scatterbrain.

I wanted to point out the facts, to help "set the stage" for the question.

Fact 1
Fortune has not visibly attacked Hogan, Jarrett, or Foley. They've all been laid out while the lights were off. Nash was also laid out but when the lights came on he was still being beaten while Jarrett/Hogan were left alone. Is this just because he's a "BIG MAN" though?

Fact 2
Styles and Abyss have some kind of association. So you have a member of Fortune and the "messenger" for "THEY" in cahoots.

Now something I took from an IDR post on another thread, is that BFG's World title match should end up being some type of climax/cliff hanger that will tie the world title holder/match in with everything else that's going on in TNA. We will also most certainly know if "THEY" is anything by that time.

I do not see the EV2.0 stable lasting past BFG, but may be that's just hopeful thinking.

The Question
Will we be seeing any new stable created in the coming months? Or will Fortune/EV2.0 be it for a while?

And after BFG where will the allegiance of Hogan, Jarrett, Sting, Nash, Foley, Angle and whoever else is in WHC match lie?

Well, to answer your question, just look at TNA's history. Going way back to the beginning, James Mitchell had his Disciples (or something). Jarrett had his cronies. There was Team Canada. Before Angle had the MEM, he had AJ and Tomko by his side. The World Elite was short-lived, but around nonetheless. TNA is a company that is no stranger to having stables on a regular basis. Fortune and MEM are the biggest ones in recent memory, but once those are all done, I'm sure we'll be given something else later on.

To answer the actual quesion of "Are Fortune/EV2.0 the last we'll see of (big) stables for awhile?"...........the answer is open-ended.

Stables and alliances are customarily formed for two reasons: Fan likes/dislikes for certain individuals and personalities, or taking on a fight for a common cause. You will always have one, the other, or both so the creation of big stables/alliances will be dicated by what personnel you have and what story lines you feel can be hammered home and make money. Yes, I believe you will see more. Writers would be foolish not too.

----------------------------------------------------------

Next is what I am reading here in this thread about EV2 and Fortune. (Please don't spam me, just hear me out) The bar is set very low for the potential success of these ideas because:

1)The ECW schtick belongs in a pine box. I really don't think anyone gives a shit anymore and the true cult ECW fans have moved on to MMA and UFC.

2) Fortune? Please, the 4 Horsemen were cool 20 years ago. Once Arn Anderson couldn't wrestle anymore, the 4 Equestrians died just like ECW. Why resurect a poor rendition 2 decades later with a senior citizen as it's leader, and a bunch of 2nd rate 'never was' and 'never will be' cast offs.

3) Dixie and company simply don't know how to capitalize on anything. They always seem to leave you hanging when you expect something big. Examples, Desond Wolfe had the potential to be a true stable leader and future of TNA. Where is he now? Also, I am still waiting of my BIG SURPRISE that is going to "change the landscape of wrestling". Tick tock tick tock; still waiting. I have much more...............also "THEY" are who? Still waiting.

I read this thread and you seemed to have it all sorted out. Its a great equation to what might be going. Hogan, Jarret, Foey all on fortunes side. That would be awesome.

Mick Foley lieing down might off been a distraction for Fortune to seek behind them and have the attack. I noticed Hogan and Jarret not getting hit and i was like...WTF. First i thought hogan didnt want to get hit in case he gets injured because of the promise he made to his daughter but i like your idea better. Watever is going on i hope it becomes exciting. The idea of Jaret teaming up with fortune would be awesome.

2) Fortune? Please, the 4 Horsemen were cool 20 years ago. Once Arn Anderson couldn't wrestle anymore, the 4 Equestrians died just like ECW. Why resurect a poor rendition 2 decades later with a senior citizen as it's leader, and a bunch of 2nd rate 'never was' and 'never will be' cast offs.

Your just a ********. Flair might be an old dude but hes a fucking legend. He has put his body on the line for TNA getting bashed all over the ring in a bloody pulp. Flair needs TNA i believe he couldnt cope without it. It realeases all his energy which WWE could not do for him. Plus Flair is fricken hilarious unlike Dreamer and his gang. Your calling Aj Styles a 'never was' He built TNA and TNA wouldnt be as popular as it is today without him. I did a thread about Robert Roode and everyone here will agree with me that he has the potential to be a future champion so dont you bitch about the members of fortune as 'never will be' cast offs.

Your simply just a ********. The members of Fortune are stars of TNA. Everyone loves watching beer money, Aj Styles, Kazarian wrestle. Look when he made his return the crowd went wild. You need to take another look at what your critisizing. God Dam no wonder you have bad rep i cant beleive im wasting my time on you.

I read this thread and you seemed to have it all sorted out. Its a great equation to what might be going. Hogan, Jarret, Foey all on fortunes side. That would be awesome.

Mick Foley lieing down might off been a distraction for Fortune to seek behind them and have the attack. I noticed Hogan and Jarret not getting hit and i was like...WTF. First i thought hogan didnt want to get hit in case he gets injured because of the promise he made to his daughter but i like your idea better. Watever is going on i hope it becomes exciting. The idea of Jaret teaming up with fortune would be awesome.

Good post. I'm surprised more people aren't speculating on this thread, but may be it's b/c they're discussing it in that EV2.0/Hogan/Fortune thread that's kind of similar, I guess.

I just figured discussing how long it will be before we see a new stable (especially heel) in TNA was a bit different then the "whose heel/face" thread but I can see similar cross over points.

What I really am getting at it is when/if Hogan/Bischoff turn heel, will they be forming a new stable? And would TNA really have Fortune (which is becoming more like nWo then Four Horseman) and an nWo type stable lead by Hogan/Bischoff?)

For months it's been foreshadowed that Sting has been right all along. Sting has been anti-Hogan/Bisch from the start and going by Sting's history, you'd have to think he's right. So I figure either Hogan/Bisch turn and start their own stable or possibly they join Flair and Fortune?

I mean I can understand Hogan not getting hit b/c he just had surgery as well, but for Jarrett, Foley and Hogan not to get hit leaves the door open for them to join Fortune.

Also I have to believe Abyss' "THEY" will materialize into being some type of group.

So anyway, right now there is the 7 man Fortune and the 10(?) man EV2.0, so does anyone see a new stable being formed in the next 3 months or do you think other heels will just join Fortune? Or would Fortune play a more face/tweener role if another stable stepped in?

I feel TNA is investing the future in Fortune based on it's members and for a bigger badder stable to come in, it would just bury Fortune.

My question is why hasn't TAZ gotten involed, I would love for TAZ to drop
the headset during a brawl and jump in suplex and choking members of fortune out. Then that could lead into a TAZ v.s matt morgan program thats goes until BFG where TAZ introduces the newest EV2.0 member and former student shane "hurricane" helms !!!!

My question is why hasn't TAZ gotten involed, I would love for TAZ to drop
the headset during a brawl and jump in suplex and choking members of fortune out. Then that could lead into a TAZ v.s matt morgan program thats goes until BFG where TAZ introduces the newest EV2.0 member and former student shane "hurricane" helms !!!!

Taz can't wrestle or take bumps due to neck injuries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back