• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are C.M. Punk and Daniel Bryan off-screen friends?

d_henderson1810

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I have heard from some posters that Punk and Bryan are friends because they both came through the indys together, and that they liked doing matches together.

I think the story is somewhat different. I think that maybe Punk and Bryan respect each other, and have a couple of things in common. But I doubt that they are besties.

If they are, then why did Punk not send a tweet to Daniel Bryan, congratulating him on winning the WWE World Title and main-eventing WM, or congratulating him on his marriage to Brie?

Friends contact each other, especially when something good has happened in their life. They like to share good news, and be happy for their friend's good news as well. Yet Punk wasn't Bryan's best man, or even at the wedding. Punk hasn't contacted Bryan and been happy for his achievements, as far as we know.

I have heard that Punk left WWE because he was annoyed that Batista was in the main-event at WM, instead of him. But how did he feel about Daniel Bryan being inserted in? Was he happy for him, or resentful? That could have been Punk's spot, had he not left. So, did he want Bryan's spot in the WM main-event, and deny the fans their wishes.

It seems like WWE wanted Batista in the WM main-event. The WWE Universe wanted DB in. Punk wanted himself in, but at whose expense?

It wouldn't surprise me if Punk had contacted Bryan for the same reason that he hasn't told his fans why he left. Phil Brooks seems like a self-obsessed individual who puts his wants ahead of what anyone else needs, wants or responsibilites, and when someone else succeeds, like Bryan did, Punk doesn't want to know, because it isn't C.M. Punk's success.

Im not sure this belongs anywhere on this board because it's a pointless topic but you're saying that you think punk might resent bryan for being in the main event. Shouldn't every WWE Superstar resent not being in the main event? And if punks inactivity on Twitter is what you base him not contacting bryan or congratulating him on his recent happiness and success than you must live on the Internet because there are other forms of communication like a phone call.

Not that it matters, here's my impression: like many people who share a job, they're comradely rather than 'friends'. They have a long shared history as well as suffering within the industry for various perceptions related to their size, their style and their backgrounds - and from a picture Punk tweeted when he was WWE champ and Bryan was WHC, they both still identify strongly with their independent roots. They also have made personal lifestyle sacrifices that put them at odds with the boys-room culture of US pro wrestling. However, I don't think they're best friends or anything, but they get along just fine.

If the plan was to have CM Punk do what Daniel Bryan did at WrestleMania-- well, that obviously wasn't the plan.

Social media congratulatory messages are so impersonal. It's like signing a birthday card for someone in an office environment.

Plus I believe these fancy smartphones also have an app for actually calling someone.

Well, if Punk was seen congratulating Bryan, wouldn't it be reported?

No-one has seen or heard from Punk since February. It is like he has dropped off the face of the earth. He has not tweeted or communicated with his fans as to why he left, so I wonder if he has done it to anyone else either.

Also, Punk wanted to main-event WM, so I wonder how he felt that Bryan got to. Did it make him wish he had stayed around, and the fans might force the WWE's hand to put him in the Main Event. I heard that he didn't want to fight Triple H at WMXXX. How did he feel that Bryan did that, AND got to main event? Was Punk happy that Bryan broke the glass ceiling, or was he resentful that someone else took his opportunity, and that they were prepared to give Bryan a Main Event spot, but not him? Does he feel that Bryan should have walked out as well, when he wasn't in the main event initially?

Maybe if Punk had stayed and not been such a whiny bitch, we would know. But Punk missed his chance, and I doubt WWE would reward him with a main event at WM even if he came back.

No-one has seen or heard from Punk since February. It is like he has dropped off the face of the earth. He has not tweeted or communicated with his fans as to why he left, so I wonder if he has done it to anyone else either.

Also, Punk wanted to main-event WM, so I wonder how he felt that Bryan got to. Did it make him wish he had stayed around, and the fans might force the WWE's hand to put him in the Main Event. I heard that he didn't want to fight Triple H at WMXXX. How did he feel that Bryan did that, AND got to main event? Was Punk happy that Bryan broke the glass ceiling, or was he resentful that someone else took his opportunity, and that they were prepared to give Bryan a Main Event spot, but not him? Does he feel that Bryan should have walked out as well, when he wasn't in the main event initially?

Maybe if Punk had stayed and not been such a whiny bitch, we would know. But Punk missed his chance, and I doubt WWE would reward him with a main event at WM even if he came back.

Clearly because CM Punk wasn't active on twitter it means we should file a missing persons report.

From what I can piece together I wouldn't put them down as besties, but they probably know each other pretty well. Punk likes to travel with Kofi, whereas Bryan travels with Rybaxel, if I remember correctly. Its the only real way I can think to say who's friends with who.

So we "Assume" he didn't text or call someone... he's an asshole!!
So we assume "HE DID" call or text someone and didn't post it... he's an asshole!!!

Sounds completley logical!

This is like a wrestling version of a closeted homophobe rant. "Waaah, Punk left so he's a bitch! Waaah, why won't Punk tell us what he's doing!?"

Good work on the full ****** freak-out though.

They're a gay couple according to TMZ. They're avoiding any contact with each other in public, so they can keep their relationship a secret.

If my best mate got married, I wouldn't send them a tweet, I'd probably send them a text. Or you know, be at the wedding.

I don't know how good of friends they are. I remember Punk tweeting about Bryan winning the WHC but just because they were in the Indy's together doesn't mean they are BFF's. Most pictures I have seen of Bryan with indy people doesn't include Punk. Same goes for Punk with Bryan.

Well I heard from Kofi that he heard from the key grip that he overheard AJ and Fandango talking and they said that Nikki Bella was saying that a few years ago Punk wanted Brie to ask him to the Sadie Hawkins Dance but she asked Daniel instead and things got totally weird after that also because supposedly Daniel knew that Punk wanted Brie to ask him but Daniel totally pretended he didn't know when Punk and Natalya confronted him at the punch bowl after he slowed danced to Punk's favorite song Forever by Bryan Adams with Brie and then she took off with Nikki to the bathroom so Nikki could help her put in her diaphragm and perform some witchcraft.

db336b84-deeb-4f79-b540-8300c10e8d6a_zps65345b9a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back