Any Soccer Fans Here?

But man, it feels weird being an American soccer fan. Most of my friends just pay it no attention, and most non-American fans I see don't even notice that our team even exists.

Quite an anomaly I guess.

But man, it feels weird being an American soccer fan. Most of my friends just pay it no attention, and most non-American fans I see don't even notice that our team even exists.

Quite an anomaly I guess.

The US team is as well known as most teams and have been since the World Cup in 94. It's your club teams that we don't watch but then we don't pay much attention to club football outside of Europe.

Yes. Wales haven't been to the World Cup since 1958, America have been in 3 of the last 5 knockout stages, and to every World Cup since 1990.

In a head-to-head encounter under Gary Speed, I'd say Wales were more than capable of defeating USA. But under Coleman now, probably not.

In a head-to-head encounter under Gary Speed, I'd say Wales were more than capable of defeating USA. But under Coleman now, probably not.

I don't think so. Wales have some decent individuals, but Dempsey is definitely more effective than Bale in a shit team. Wales is still full of League 1 players. Even under Speed, they won three qualifiers against Montenegro and Switzerland at home, and against a demoralised and awful Bulgaria team. With Ramsey and Bale, they have a chance, but the Wales team from 1993 with Southall, Rush, Giggs, Hughes etc. was much better, and it still didn't qualify for anything.

I don't think so. Wales have some decent individuals, but Dempsey is definitely more effective than Bale in a shit team. Wales is still full of League 1 players. Even under Speed, they won three qualifiers against Montenegro and Switzerland at home, and against a demoralised and awful Bulgaria team. With Ramsey and Bale, they have a chance, but the Wales team from 1993 with Southall, Rush, Giggs, Hughes etc. was much better, and it still didn't qualify for anything.

That's what I meant. A fully fit Welsh team consisting of Ramsey, Bale, Allen and Bellamy etc. can defeat USA in a head-to-head match with Gary Speed in charge. Not necessarily qualify for the World Cup. I must admit though; If Speed was still in charge going into 2014 World Cup qualification, I'd have gotten my hopes up.

Well, after spending a day on the internet, I have come to the conclusion that absolutely no-one can ever ever be a fan of soccer & the NFL.

Bunch of dumbasses, I swear.

I enjoy it. I would say my knowledge is above average for an American but below average for a fan. I root for Seattle in the MLS and I follow the English Premier League and the Scottish Premier League as best I can. Man U was the first football team I ever heard of so I do follow them but Fulham is my favorite team because of Clint Dempsey. Following the SPL is a task here in the States but I like Rangers because of their American players. I do follow the US national team and since I'm of Dutch and Irish heritage I follow those two national teams as well.

Absolutely, but I don't get the chance to watch European games nearly as much as I'd like to, being American...living in America...and being entirely too busy. I try to get into US Soccer, and my parents have season tickets to Chicago Fire games every year, but they're not nearly as exciting as...just about any other country. But I do watch World Cup religiously, and my family is super into the sport so when I'm at my parents I'll catch a game. I did watch Spain DESTROY Italy yesterday 4-0...that was pretty awful.

Talon's a draw

I've played soccer for over 30 years and will watch it on occassion but freely admit that it usually doesn't hold my attention.

International games/WC are my favorite to watch.

Talon's a draw

I've played soccer for over 30 years and will watch it on occassion but freely admit that it usually doesn't hold my attention.

International games/WC are my favorite to watch.

Do you guys get coverage of the Champions League? I think more people in Europe are probably more interested in the CL than national teams (unless you're Spain).

I hope you guys get to see the derbies between Real Madrid and Barcelona over there, they're rarely boring affairs and usually involve some red cards. Yet the Spanish national team is pretty much an even split of players from both team :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back