Any Soccer Fans Here?

The Talon

Occasional Pre-Show
So, the Euro 2012 ended, so I wanted ask about this. I'm pretty new at Soccer to be honest. I saw the World Cup (lost to fucking Ghana ›:/), & a couple of NY Red Bulls games. I've seen highlights of Messi, & I think he's pretty awesome. I just wanted to do this to not feel like such an outsider when it comes to soccer I guess. Congrats to Spain btw.

Also, I put this in the Bar Room so I could laugh at all the "hurr durr socerr" posts.

There is a domestic football page somewhere discussing "soccer," but yes, I do. I support Liverpool in the English Premier League, Shamrock Rovers and Salthill Devon in the Irish league and the Irish national team. Outside of that, I just like certain teams at certain times.

toontoonblackandwhitearmy

Seconded

There were small signs of football starting to take off in the US during the last World Cup but it was undone by the timezones and the US losing to Ghana just as they were drawing interest. The next World Cup in Brazil should be a real attention grabber.

I enjoy it, just not enough to actually seek it out. I had thought about watching the Euro 2012 final, but opted for re-run of Burn Notice and sleep instead.

Seconded

There were small signs of football starting to take off in the US during the last World Cup but it was undone by the timezones and the US losing to Ghana just as they were drawing interest. The next World Cup in Brazil should be a real attention grabber.

You forgot the BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRBRRBRBRRRRBRRRRRRRR

Disliked it as a kid, but the last couple of years I've been enjoying it more. I watch anything I come across on television.

I need a team to follow. Where's the thread with the cool-sounding city/team names?

The US have suffered since the last world cup. I'm amazed to see they were ranked 4th at one point during 2006.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back