Another Diva in trouble for weight issues

*long time reader, first time poster*

Ok now for the record, i think Mickie's one of the hottest Divas on the roster. I love her body and women with some thickness to their hips and whatnot. I'm not a fan of Michelle McCool physiques.

However, she is a product. She is expected to look a certain way. It's got nothing to do with what we "hardcore fans" think, but what the casual male audience thinks. The Divas are often used to please the male market and if the token "hot Divas" aren't lookin so hot anymore, their value to the company is lessened. Their worth.

Her character is meant to be a energetic smiley jumpy little pretty girl. They probably want her back in the shape she was in when she debuted in the company and worked with the Trish program. Her legs for example were noticeable slimmer, and her face wasn't as wide. Sure, she's aging like we all do, but as a Diva she's meant to maintain a standard. Nice boobs, tight ass, relatively low'ish body fat levels, pretty face etc. There are pre-requisites.

As for the comment above (or on the last page, can't remember) regarding "looking normal", they aren't meant to look "normal". They're meant to be superstars. They're celebrities. Noone pays to see "normal people". It's the entertainment business my friends. It's not necessarily about what's right or wrong, but what makes your product look good and what makes your business effective and profitable.

So just because we may find her hot, there's probably tons of guys out there who thinks she looks shocking at the moment. Those people's input and thoughts are just as important.

As for the Candice situation, it's a bit different. She was brought in purely off her glamour model background and then trained into a semi-capable competitor. Mickie is expected to maintain high standard within the ring as well as keep herself in shape. She was brought in not only as a looker, but as an in-ring talent to mix it up with Trish & Lita straight off the bat on TV. She's an established worker. She has that to fall back on (well back then anyway).

So right now, that extra weight if anything may be hindering her performance and goin by what we've seen these past few months in her matches, i think there's a high likelihood of that being the case. It's not a coincidence that she's always involved in botchy Diva matches against girls that go perfectly fine (by WWE Diva standards for matches keep in mind) against others. She's very slow in her movements at the moment and when working with a quicker lighter opponent, that often throws off the timing and thus results in mishaps.

I think all the Divas are fine with their look personally. Only the Bellas & Michelle imo are the ones who need to add a few kilos. Kelly's got a great body, Maryse obviously, Layla is one of the sexiest women in the world imo (not just the WWE), Maria's a bit iffy (i'm not a fan of her look, she could probably do with a boob job or a bigger size if she has implants already), Natalya is lookin smokin lately the last few months (which is strange for me, since i've never been a huge fan of her).

She seems like a pretty down to earth and good person in general, so there's no hate or negativity directed towards her here from my part, i'm a fan like i said, but when you're at work there's expectations of you. Expectations for Divas involve maintaining their sex appeal and not being "lazy" with their fitness and appearance.

I don't think Mickie fat in any way. But What about Natayla, Katie Lea(you neer see her midsection) and Beth aren't they just a little thick around the tummy? Maybe WWE made her job because of the implant rupture, she looked in pain monday night, and her head definately wasn't in there, if you can go back and watch her face through out the match, you can tell. I think it is foolish to make her drop the belt like that because they think she's fat. How does this help Vince's PG image to KIDS if the girls who get a little meat on their bones are punishied. I don't think this helps Vince's new motto with the young girls who idolize the divas. I see a backlash coming from the public if this is the reason she was made to job to Jillian. (no matter how great Jillian is as a wrestler, she's a joke in the WWE, I don't know if she was meant to piss of Hogan as an imitation of Brooke, or to play all the singers who lip sing.)

Katie Lea(you neer see her midsection) and Beth aren't they just a little thick around the tummy?

Katie Lea quite often shows her belly on ECW... Her regular attire when accompanying Paul is black tights and a cut off top.

Beth's character allows her to have some muscle and thickness on her. She isn't meant to be "hot", just like Chyna back in the day. She plays an enforcer role. Sure, she's somewhat attractive in her own unique way, but she's not expected to be T'n'A like the other girls.

How does this help Vince's PG image to KIDS if the girls who get a little meat on their bones are punishied. I don't think this helps Vince's new motto with the young girls who idolize the divas. I see a backlash coming from the public if this is the reason she was made to job to Jillian. (no matter how great Jillian is as a wrestler, she's a joke in the WWE, I don't know if she was meant to piss of Hogan as an imitation of Brooke, or to play all the singers who lip sing.)

For the most part, the Divas are on the show for the guys, not the girls. Sure there's a keen female audience who look up to the Divas, but they're the minority.

I doubt there'd be a public backlash since the general audience doesn't read websites like this to even become aware of such backstage going-ons. They won't be making this Mickie James weight issue known on TV in terms of storylines or promos, so most will be unaware. Mickie just got cheated out of the title by Jillian who had her foot on the ropes - that's it. That's all they'll make of it.

And yeah, they're role models too. That comes with the territory. But approving putting weight on and being lazy in general, is not ok. Athletic, in shape, active women are much more positive in terms of looking at it from that angle. One could argue that a woman who continues to gain weight and screw around her performance at work is actually a bad role model, not a good one.

So let me get this straigh then... the WWE is putting the best overall female talent in the dog house because of some weight issues? Sure, she has been like this for quite some time and the WWE have been hounding her to lose it... but the fact that she still goes well in the ring, shows the gainage a lot less than the likes of Candice and has nothing but age as a negative factor makes me question the decision.

She can still perform what the WWE needs to do. She doesn't need the stamina or the speed for the division as no-one has been relatively fast, but she can still perform freaking cartwheels, feint headscissors DDT and hurricanrana's without failure on her part. She gets reactions from the crowd and still gets cheered for her body with the whistles that usually follow her entrance. It is a great message for WWE to send in this time of PG era. What they are basically saying is: "Kids... no fat chicks."

I understand the situation with Punk about him dressing respectably for a championship that has an aura of prestige around it, dissing Cena and talking back to the backstage locker room leader... but to throw a woman in the dog house because of around 10 pounds addage to her weight and still pertains a great work ethic which other diva's like Rosa Mendes doesn't even have is ridiculous. I hope this SmackDown trade will help Mickie as you have quite possibly the four best women on the roster on the one brand. She does need to lose weight for aging purposes, but not for wrestling in the WWE.

any of you that think mickie james is bad in the ring you are a fucking idiot. she melina beth, gail kim, maryse, katie lea and natalia are the only good divas. keep maria and kelly kelly because they are both so dam sexy. but all other divas need to be fired. you could made a great womens division with just those 9 and as long as there are acctually some stories behind the matches then it will be good. who remembers the last good storyline that involved the divas?? i sure cant

Well as for the weight i think she still looks fine to be honest. Just because someone isnt bone skinny doesnt mean they cant be great girl wrestlers(awesome kong anyone?). Not that im saying mickie should go that way,jsut making a point.

Also with the quality of her matchs i would have to point to who she has been working with. Most former models who have little to no training besides the FCW training which from what ive seen,isnt all great or maybe wwe just brings them up to quickly. Put her in the ring more with people who can half wrestle at the least. People like Gail Kim,Beth Phenoix,Kelly Kelly,Michelle Mcool,and Melina are all people who have at least a decent amount of wrestling skills. I mean you can only do so many good matchs with someone when you have to carry them threw the whole match. I would really enjoy if wwe did a bit more on their diva roster like a clean out and scout some girls with actual wrestling talent. As we have scene in TNA and others there are girls who look attractive and can put on a decent or even great wrestling match.

I think there just being stupid about this. She looks so good, and i don't think she would if she were a twig like half the other divas. And her matches aren't that bad either. She is the best female wrestler in the business, and still looks good, they should just let it go.

I understand the situation with Punk about him dressing respectably for a championship that has an aura of prestige around it, dissing Cena and talking back to the backstage locker room leader... .[/QUOTE]

wow this is so stupid...so making one of the most talent heel in the smackdown roster, look like crap and being squashed by an old guy who cant move fast...is it right? and cena shouldnt be treated as a queen as well

I hate that WWE is doing this. Mickie James does not look much different than she did in 2005. Even if she has put on a few pounds... so? Who hasn't? As they already said, she is still held at a high standard. Her weight is not doing anything to affect her wrestling ability. "Her matches have been slipping"? No one can have a great match every single time they step foot into the ring. Even if some of her matches haven't been that great, does that really matter, since she is the best in the WWE today? No. I think it might have something else to do with it... I don't know.

[QUOTE="Cool Guy" Jensen;1442311]I hate that WWE is doing this. Mickie James does not look much different than she did in 2005. Even if she has put on a few pounds... so? Who hasn't? As they already said, she is still held at a high standard. Her weight is not doing anything to affect her wrestling ability. "Her matches have been slipping"? No one can have a great match every single time they step foot into the ring. Even if some of her matches haven't been that great, does that really matter, since she is the best in the WWE today? No. I think it might have something else to do with it... I don't know.[/QUOTE]

Just like athletes in other sports, wrestlers know that they are supposed to stay in shape. I just saw an article a few days ago about an NFL player that had to stay at a certain weight and 10% body fat. This was in his contract. If he doesn't do it, then he gets fined.

Of course Mickie probably doesn't have this stipulation in her contract, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen. When you are getting paid for your athletic performance, you have a responsibility to stay in shape to perform at the best of your abilities. Obviously Mickie isn't making much of an attempt to do that, so she is lucky to still have a job

I agree with the basic report. She is a very attractive woman but she has consistently been gaining weight over the last year. That's not to say she's fat, she'd still top of my Dive wishlist, but she's obviously thicker than the other women. Of course I don't think that would matter much if her quality of work hasn't deteriorated, but it has, very noticably. The extra weight makes her more difficult to work with and nevermoreso than when she has to get up in the air for the DDT.

I dont see what WWE sees...i mean Mickie James is gorgeous....i sure as hell hit it :p.....but is WWE that far in the past...look at some the big stars out here.....Kim Kardashan, Beyonce, JLO, Shakira, and Jessica Beil....men love there curves....i know i love Kim Kardashan over some skinny model cause she looks like a real woman to me...dont get me wrong Kelly Kelly is sexy but i want a woman with curves...a booty haha...WWE watch some TV...and for god sake Listen to Jay Z if he married to a curvy girl then thats hott...Jay Z starts and end trends so go with him and dont punish Mickie for her curves.

Her wrestling well put her up against good talent...well all you got on raw at the time was her, beth and gail kim who can wrestle ok then of coarse there going to be bad matches when you have to carry the match....and the Kim match was an accident Kim was hurt its wrestling it happens put them in a match and they'll have a good match.

I think its okay for her to gain some weight however when it starts effecting her in ring skills i think she should have to get in a little better shape.

being 15-20 pounds over weight for a woman her height and size is not OK. Being slightly over weight is not OK. They've taken male wrestlers off of TV for this reason, so the field is level for the same to happen to the Women.

Where is Big Daddy V? oh yeah thats right, he couldnt get rid of his moster man tits, so he got a pink slip.

The report said she was "unhappy" well it makes me unhappy to see a woman who used to be attractive, and entertaining in the ring turn into a muffin top slob who puts on shitty matches.

Her wrestling well put her up against good talent...well all you got on raw at the time was her, beth and gail kim who can wrestle ok then of coarse there going to be bad matches when you have to carry the match....and the Kim match was an accident Kim was hurt its wrestling it happens put them in a match and they'll have a good match.

i totally agree with this... you people need to understand... life goes on... if someone gets hurt, that's the way of life... there is no one perfect out there, that is not impervious to being hurt... and to another previous post, the real last decent storyline that i remember was the one where it was Trish and Lita, for the last time, and it was Trish's last match... God, i miss those days

This is no different than when the WWE fired Big Daddy V because he refused to lose weight, and when they got angry with Umaga about losing a few pounds. They have a certain standard to uphold as wrestlers for the WWE, the best promotion in the world.

For the male wrestlers, it's not that much of a problem. Just don't be obese like Big Daddy V, and don't have a fucking gut like Umaga did. If you're in decent enough shape, and the WWE thinks you can not harm your fellow male wrestlers, you're good to go.

However, the Divas are marketed as what, Sexy, Smart and Powerful? Something like that, right? That "sexy" part implies that you are in a certain fitness bracket that isn't average. I'm not saying Beth Phoenix level muscles or Michelle McCool creepy skinny, but you all have to admit that Mickie James has gained more than a few pounds. And when your company markets you to be essentially eye candy...if they don't think you make the cut, you don't make the cut.

Then, there's the old adage of "Don't fucking injure your co-workers." If Mickie James is deemed irresponsible or even dangerous in the ring, which WWE has started to lean towards apparently, then they have every right to deem her not worthy of the Women's title, and to move her where they damn well please.

It all comes down to this. The WWE want to market her a certain way, and she's not fitting that mold. They want her to lose a few pounds and stop being so damn sloppy in the ring. If no one complained when they pulled this stuff with the male wrestlers, there's no reason to complain now.

being 15-20 pounds over weight for a woman her height and size is not OK. Being slightly over weight is not OK. They've taken male wrestlers off of TV for this reason, so the field is level for the same to happen to the Women.

Where is Big Daddy V? oh yeah thats right, he couldnt get rid of his moster man tits, so he got a pink slip.

The report said she was "unhappy" well it makes me unhappy to see a woman who used to be attractive, and entertaining in the ring turn into a muffin top slob who puts on shitty matches.

1. Big Daddy V was struggling with his weight, but at the same time, He was battling Pneumonia. I admit that it was horrifying seeing those "monster man tits" and it didn't help that his finisher was a splash, He could have really injured some top talent if he landed the wrong way.
2. Mickie James is SMOKING!! hot. No other Diva in the WWE looks realer, normal, and sexier than her. The meat on her thighs and ass and belly only prove that she is not going to bend to the stereotype of WWE divas having to be 85 freaking pounds. For one, Look at Natalya Neidhart. She must weigh the most out of all the divas. Really, she looks like she has the body of Jim Neidhart, which to me is not attractive at all. Beth Phoenix also is in the same category although she does maintain a certain femeninity about her.
3. The Diva roster is really horrible. Mickie James, Beth Phoenix, Melina, and Natalya are the only divas that can put up great matches. Seeing all other divas in the ring is painful.
The announcers also have trouble following their matches. They used to be able to talk about their sex appeal and how Jerry Lawler wanted to motorboat their puppies, but those days are over. Thank you vince for the PG rating *jackass*
Anyways, my point is that Mickie James is an icon for any girl wanting to enter to the wrestling world. She is REAL sexy, she has great talent, and it is great to see her wrestle.

What!?

Don't be so fucking stupid. I guess it was the other Divas who made her put on 20 pounds and botch her moves consistently, wasn't it? Of course not. You are correct that wrestling is about two people working in cohesion to make the move come off but it is ridiculous to blame others for her bad performances. You look at the Gail Kim match from about a month ago. Gail could not support Mickie's weight when she went for her finisher and she ended up getting dazed and half knocked-out. I guess that is Gail's fault though isn't it?

Well, let's see. "Gail could not support Mickie's weight... I guess that is Gail's fault though isn't it?" Well, yeah, kinda. Just like everybody is saying Mickie James is supposed to be a "professional and hold herself to a higher standard" so does everybody else. If you can't pull off certain moves because another superstar (I know, I can't call them that anymore... fuck that) is too heavy, then don't do them. They practice these matches, Gail should have known she couldn't have done it properly and suggested a different move to perform. (Now don't think I hate Gail Kim, I looove her and want her to bear my children and think she's probably the best they got. Just proving a point.) Another thing that is not being mentioned here about Mickie's (veeeeeeery slight) weight gain is the mention of Molly Holly. Molly was awesome, and she was "thicker". I do understand the posts that say the standards must be pretty bad if they are dogging Mickie for weight cuz she don't look big at all. You can see a little bit at the bottom of her waist when she bends over but good Lord, this is not a Paris runway. Like one poster said, TNA doesn't have such strict policies and concentrates more on the performance. That being said, Mickie does look less polished than she used to. Whether it's through fault of her own or her competition doesn't matter. She should be able to, by now, carry an opponent to make a match still semi-decent. There have been plenty of performers in the past who have been able to do that. Of course there is also the argument that Vince has not always pushed a WWE superstar on work rate alone... I mean good God, there have been pushes for people that had no in ring ability whatsoever and that still managed to get "over". Do we allow slack for male performers and not female? Should there not be a "female" Hogan or Nash? If we are going to bash and scrutinize the divas so hard for things like this, why not across the board? The small weight gain, no, should not be a factor as long as she doesn't let herself get to the size of Eugene or Hacksaw. The in ring work? Yeah, its lost a little of the earlier pep, but whos hasn't after a while? Come on, age and status affect most "superstars" that get big. A hell of a lot of them find something that works and "go through the routine". Get off Mickie's ass already. (Which I'd use to hold my beer and ashtray while hittin' it from behind...)

P.S. God, I just had to comment about all the people talking about "Big Daddy V, Umaga", etc. ROTFLMAO You have got to be fucking kidding me, are you really putting Mickie James' couple pounds in the same category as these fat slobs? Good Lord, you have to go be an idiot to think a couple of pounds that takes nothing from Mickie's sexiness factor can put her in the same category as these walking tubs of goo! This would have my sides hurting from laughter if it wasn't so damn stupid...

This is absolutely Asinine! Mickie James in my opinion is the hottest Diva in WWE and she's the best woman's wrestler since Trish and Lita. Another thing I noticed is that after making their so-called "point" about her weight, they threw in a cheap shot about her wrestling ability and I think they did this as a way to take attention off of themselves for being judgmental pigs, because I think most people would agree with me that Mickie still carries the Women's division and her and Phoenix are the best twp period.

Dude really lol. Wwe could order some food from that jenny person and make mickie lose weight. lol whats mickie 1 pound more than shes supposed 2 be lol. i hate what wwe did to mickie. Though i liked the idea of mickie losing to jillian for the title.

WWE is so stupid with the whole mickie james thing, what do they expect when they only do like a 2-3 divas match all the time, so because of that along the divas have to do a speedy match with mess-ups, but mickie james is a pretty girl sure she may not be the skinny type that wwe usually goes for, but why jump on james, look at hall, she is just as heavy or close to it that james is, WWE should focus more on the divas that can wrestle and lost all the other divas except Kelly because we all know kelly is hot, also keep eve she is hot too, wwe treats there divas like crap and that just look at mania when they made santino win the ms wrestlemania crown, so let james be she is not hurting anyone

Big Show's got bigger titties then Mickie does and nobody says shit about him. He came back in the WWE and was solid at like 430 lbs, and was doing way better in the ring, then he found the buffet, but regardless; I think this whole situation is ******ed, she's still having better matches then 98% of the Diva roster, she still gets a pop everytime she comes out. She's a credibly champion, and for her to job to Jillian and then.. ugh. Fucking STUPID! I've always loved her thick lower body, she has a nice ass. Why does WWE discriminate against phat asses?

Big Show's got bigger titties then Mickie does and nobody says shit about him. He came back in the WWE and was solid at like 430 lbs, and was doing way better in the ring, then he found the buffet, but regardless; I think this whole situation is ******ed, she's still having better matches then 98% of the Diva roster, she still gets a pop everytime she comes out. She's a credibly champion, and for her to job to Jillian and then.. ugh. Fucking STUPID! I've always loved her thick lower body, she has a nice ass. Why does WWE discriminate against phat asses?

Because she is getting PAID to perform a job. All the divas know that they have to stay in shape. Mickie chose to gain weight, but every other diva has basically stayed the same. Katie Lea and Natalya haven't gained weight..they were in the same shape when they debuted. Mickie used to be a lot skinnier, especially in TNA, but she let herself go. Just because you like fat chicks doesn't mean that everyone else should have to like her...the average fan just views divas as sex objects or as useless wastes of space that are taking away other wrestler's tv time (2nd one is my opinion)

Big Show, Mark Henry, Jericho (yeah, i said it), etc. aren't expected to be superthin so they can get away with gaining weight as long as it doesn't affect then in the ring

The claims, while a bit out of order, are justified, in a chauvanistic sort of way. You have to accept that Mickie James' job is to be an attractive woman first and a wrestler second. That's just the way it is in mainstream women's wrestling, and the way it always has been. If they think she is putting on weight, it means her looks are declining, which means she's not doing her job properly.

Do I agree that that should be her job? No, but it is, and she has a responsibility to look like a stereotypical diva, because that is what most of the market want to see.

As for the ringwork, Mickie has a responsibility as one of the few female wrestlers with in ring talent to be able to put on a believable long match and to help the others develop. Her recent abominations of matches with Alicia Fox suggest she isn't doing that either, so despite the fact her job description is entirely chauvanistic, she isn't upholding her end of the deal.

PLain and Simple. Mickie James is THE BEST Diva all around on the entire WWE Roster. She is NOT fat. I think she is very healthy and attractive looking. She has so much force and power behind her you can just feel it in her matches. I would say to those of you who think she has sucked in her matches as of late, think of the quality she has been given to work with. I am sorry but I Do think this diva draft is a SUPER SMART move on WWE behalf. Mickie has had to work with alot of weaker less powerful women on raw, other than Beth. And lets face it, though Beth and Mickie's matches were AWESOME, you can only see that match so much. No Mickie can wrestle with some true strong women. Beth, Michelle, and hopefully Natalya. I think Smackdown/Womens Division is going to get a WHOLE LOT Better. And Mickie James freaking rocks my sock!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back