• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

An Usos return, what to do.

mkw1962

Getting Noticed By Management
When Jey returns how do you work the Usos back into the mix. There might be a couple of ways such as:
1. The Usos could come back as heels like Roman Reigns there cousin, and feud with the Dudleys.
2. They could come back just the way they are (faces) and go at it with The New Day.
How ever they come back will be awesome for the tag team division check it out. How about at Survivor Series The Usos, Roman, Dean and The Rock all form a team and during the match The Usos and Roman turn on Dean and Rock and that is there heel turn. When they come back as a face they will get a huge pop from the crowd and that would also be cool.
So what do you guys think, how should they return and when are they going to return does anybody know or have an idea.

Not a bad idea, i don't think the Rock would be keen to get involved, but in a perfect world it'd be a good move. I'd remove Dean Ambrose and replace him with Booker T, who had a large hand in training the Usos and Roman Reigns. Maybe not for the whole time but when you goto turn all 3, it'd look worse them putting two older guys on the shelf. Also sets up that inevitable Roman v Rock match at a future WrestleMania.

At first I missed the Uso's but to tell you the truth haven't thought about them in a while now. Part of it might be that Jimy Uso hasn't been seen much or really featured in singles action. Add in New Day and that damm trombone catching fire, has all but driven the Uso's from my mind.

It will be good for the tag team division to have them back for sure. Don't know really what they'll do when they return. We'll have to see what the WWE has in store for them.

They'll be a big boost to the tag division going forward. While The Dudley's are the "captains" of the tag division right now, The Usos can be described as the "young studs". They're critical to the overall success of the division in the near future, as they'll add much needed depth and a threat factor that nobody but the Dudleys really has right now.

I'd like to see them return as heels. Dudleys can more than carry their weight as the top faces of the division, and the WWE is desperately lacking in strong heel tag teams at the moment. With PTP as faces, and New Day getting cheered more than booed now, it would make sense for the Usos to return as heels and target the Dudleys.

I don't like being one of these people that cries for a quick turn but I think the Dudleys need to turn heel to help the division. The Uso's will get pops when they return as a team and I would imagine Cesaro and Kidd will be faces as well. You already have the Prime Time Players as faces as well as to round out the main teams of the division.
Why not bring the Uso's back to face the New Day and then go onto the Dudleys or visa versa.

I'm not sure you put the titles on them this year. I would like it more if the went on a strong run with decent feuds. The Dudleys would be perfect team to to pass the torch for the Uso's to carry for the next half decade or so. I'm not a fan of them but they are good tag team wrestlers and by putting them in meaningful feuds is what they deserve. So bring them back against one of those teams is how I would book it.

Don't think a heel turn right out the gates with the return is a good idea.
They are such fan favorites. Especially with kids. I just don't see it. They'll be fine as a returning face team. Dudley's aren't going to win/have the straps for very long. They don't need the gold for credibility so it'd be intelligent of writers and bookers to utilize that fact at certain points.

If I had been the guy behind this decision, I wouldn't have kept Jimmy Uso out of the tag team division. They could've made an helluva wrestling angle that could've made The Usos a lot more popular or, at least, relevant.

If it were up to me, Jimmy Uso would've found another tag team partner to work with - anyone really and I would've said Goldust. It's an odd team and it does not have anything to work, but two good wrestlers and good matches could get them somewhat over. Build a friendship, give them a title run if it feels right and then, when Jey Uso's ready to return, just make it a storyline with Jey being jealous of his brother. Turn him heel, align him with someone (say Stardust or heck any other heel) and it's a different dynamic all of a sudden. Jimmy doesn't want to wrestle his brother and the whole cliché and then, Jimmy turns on Goldust to align himself with his brother again.

Something that could've been made in less than 8 weeks after Jey's return, and it wouldn't really take a lot of time to build Jimmy and a new partner. It could've been a logical storyline that would lead to an heel turn for them, and actually make them more relevant for a probable Dudleyz vs. The Usos.

Instead, we're getting them back the same as they've always been. Probably working with The Wyatts and we won't care after 2 matches.

I don't like being one of these people that cries for a quick turn but I think the Dudleys need to turn heel to help the division.

And is there anyone who doesn't see that happening, sooner or later? In many ways, the Dudleys were born to be bad and I figure the only reason they're good now is that people were happy to see them again after so long a period of time. Soon as that wears off, they're off to Bad-land.

So, the Usos' as good guys would be a great feud for the evil Dudleys......but honestly, I can see them tangling with the roles reversed, too. In fact, seeing the Usos' as bad guys and the Dudleys as faces would be a unique way to present the two teams. For a brief period of time, anyway.

Still, the Usos' will probably come back as faces for the same reason the Dudleys did.....it's been awhile and the fans like having 'em around again.

Most likely, the Usos' first feud upon returning will be with New Day.....and that sounds like a good one. Jimmy & Jey have the beef to contend with Big E and the flying maneuvers to counteract Kofi.

So, use that speed now before the Usos' age and start to look like their Dad. ("Back that ass up!")

And is there anyone who doesn't see that happening, sooner or later? In many ways, the Dudleys were born to be bad and I figure the only reason they're good now is that people were happy to see them again after so long a period of time. Soon as that wears off, they're off to Bad-land.

So, the Usos' as good guys would be a great feud for the evil Dudleys......but honestly, I can see them tangling with the roles reversed, too. In fact, seeing the Usos' as bad guys and the Dudleys as faces would be a unique way to present the two teams. For a brief period of time, anyway.

Still, the Usos' will probably come back as faces for the same reason the Dudleys did.....it's been awhile and the fans like having 'em around again.

Most likely, the Usos' first feud upon returning will be with New Day.....and that sounds like a good one. Jimmy & Jey have the beef to contend with Big E and the flying maneuvers to counteract Kofi.

So, use that speed now before the Usos' age and start to look like their Dad. ("Back that ass up!")

I agree on the Dudleys and them being 'bad'. Eventually they will become heel, probably when the New Day are turned into Babyfaces, lMO.

As for the Usos, they have always struck me as the Cenas of the Tag division and seem to be over with the casual fans due to their intensity and energy levels. They could return heel, but I doubt they will, as it is highly possible they are the next contenders to the New Day/Dudleys when their program is over at Survivor Series.

If I had been the guy behind this decision, I wouldn't have kept Jimmy Uso out of the tag team division. They could've made an helluva wrestling angle that could've made The Usos a lot more popular or, at least, relevant.

If it were up to me, Jimmy Uso would've found another tag team partner to work with - anyone really and I would've said Goldust. It's an odd team and it does not have anything to work, but two good wrestlers and good matches could get them somewhat over. Build a friendship, give them a title run if it feels right and then, when Jey Uso's ready to return, just make it a storyline with Jey being jealous of his brother. Turn him heel, align him with someone (say Stardust or heck any other heel) and it's a different dynamic all of a sudden. Jimmy doesn't want to wrestle his brother and the whole cliché and then, Jimmy turns on Goldust to align himself with his brother again.

Something that could've been made in less than 8 weeks after Jey's return, and it wouldn't really take a lot of time to build Jimmy and a new partner. It could've been a logical storyline that would lead to an heel turn for them, and actually make them more relevant for a probable Dudleyz vs. The Usos.

Instead, we're getting them back the same as they've always been. Probably working with The Wyatts and we won't care after 2 matches.

This was actually the route I expected them to take, only I thought they'd pair him up with Cesaro, who's tag team partner suffered his injury at a similar time; keeps both of them in the tag scene, keeps Uso relevant for when his brother returns, and can easily segue into singles matches with Cesaro at a later date, or even tag matches with an alternative partner for Cesaro.

Instead their way of keeping the Usos fresh in people's minds was to have the uninjured one ....commentate on Smackdown....

The strange way they treated the remaining USO but not using him at all in the ring is just weird to me. I'd say just continue with what worked and keep them faces to battle New Day.

When Jey returns how do you work the Usos back into the mix. There might be a couple of ways such as:
1. The Usos could come back as heels like Roman Reigns there cousin, and feud with the Dudleys.
2. They could come back just the way they are (faces) and go at it with The New Day.
How ever they come back will be awesome for the tag team division check it out. How about at Survivor Series The Usos, Roman, Dean and The Rock all form a team and during the match The Usos and Roman turn on Dean and Rock and that is there heel turn. When they come back as a face they will get a huge pop from the crowd and that would also be cool.
So what do you guys think, how should they return and when are they going to return does anybody know or have an idea.

New Day wins their feud against The Dudley Boyz. New Day brags about beating The Dudleyz and issues an open challenge and The Usos return and accept their challenge.

I totally agree with an Uso heel turn! I've been saying it to my brother for months now that the Uso's, Roman and Tamina would make a pretty dope heel stable. Usos and Roman of course being related, though Tamina isn't just the lineage of what Jimmy Snuka means to the wrestling world is enough. Hell in a perfect world Samoa Joe could be in it. But i digress, as far as the Usos turning heel I think a Survivor Series team type of scenario would work well too. I dont know about The Rock or how doable/believable it would be but Dean for sure could be the victim of a 3 man turn. It was his idea after all to try and recruit Jimmy to be their third member before he got attacked by the Wyatts. Roman could use the fact that he endangered his family as an excuse to turn. Something about Family runs deeper than just be shield brothers or something like that.

If they do turn heel I think they should keep the face paint but change it to something dark or menacing like how Tama Tonga has it in NJPW

have them return as face. fight along side Reigns and Ambrose. Take it to survivor series w/The Rock. Reigns and Usos turn heel on Ambrose and The Rock. Reign and Usos become "The Roman Empire" or "The Reign of Terror" and we get heel Usos vs face Dudleys and probably by then face The New Day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back