• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

An Idea for Over The Limit

RkoMachine

Pre-Show Stalwart
So the other day i bought the Over The Limit pay per view on dvd, I did not watch it live so this was my first time seeing it. IT SUCKED! Boring! predictable! what limit did they cross with that pay per view? NONE! which got me thinking.......

What if this year the limit they cross is the pg rating limit? Think about it! WWE could warn ahead of time that the pay per view wont be for children without parental guidance. They wouldn't be breaking the pg rating because it would be on pay per view and for one night only. Im not saying have "live sex shows" or "HLA" but they could have blood! and thumbtacks! and an actual hardcore match! they could do attitude era things for one night only!

Do you guys think this is a good idea? if so what matches would you have happen? what would happen in these matches that took things "over the limit"?

Reminder this is not a thread about the pg era so please dont make it into one:disappointed:

The thing is they don't need a night of all hardcore matches. They already do Hell in a Cell, TLC, Money in the Bank, and Extreme Rules. Yes, Over the Limit sucked but look at the matches out of 8 you had two gems on Punk vs Mysterio and Orton vs Edge. Over the Limit is just another PPV meant to kill time between Wrestlemania and Summerslam. Hell before this it was Judgement Day and when was the last time you made it a point to watch that. Bottom line they do not need gimmick matches and they have been getting more loose about blood ala Cole's mouth on Raw. Just relax and take it for what it is.

The last thing the WWE needs is another gimmick themed PPV. If they don't break the PG rating for Extreme Rules. I really doubt they would do it for any other PPV. Over the Limit isn't meant to be a gimmick themed PPV it's just a name they chose to replace Judgment Day. Since they felt Judgment Day didn't fit in with the PG rating.

There's no way the 'E would allow a night of intentional blading ever again.

Remember in 2005 Bob Orton bladed and he was found to have Hep A...the risk of a blood borne illness is too great to every allow something like that, so blood and thumbtacks are out.

That being said- Over the Limit could involve some time limit related matches
(ex: championship scramble matches/iron man matches) as well as maybe an "I Quit" or Last Man Standing match to represent being pushed over the limit

The only place the E is more relaxed on blood is when guys get busted up on accident, I don't think anyone in the 'E has bladed in years...

Ok my concept for Over the Limit pay per view would be to have all title matches on the PPV is a King of the Hill or Iron Man concept match were you place time limits on all Championship Matches and the opponent or opponents with the most falls will retain or become new Champions. Here is my example

WWE United States Championship Match

Kofi Kingston vs Jack Swagger vs Dolph Ziggler vs Drew Mcintyre(face)
in 15 Minute Iron Man Match

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match

Wade Barrett vs Daniel Bryan Fatal Four Way 15 Minute Iron Man Match

WWE Divas Championship Match

Kharma vs Beth Pheonix vs Michele McCool 10 Minute Iron Man Match

World Heavyweight Championship

Chrisitian vs Sheamus vs Randy Orton 30 Minute Triple Threat Iron Man Match

WWE Championship

Alberto Del Rio vs Rey Mysterio vs The Miz vs John Cena vs CM Punk vs Chris Jericho

Six Pack 30 Minute Scramble IronMan Match for WWE Championship

I think I'm one of the few that doesn't miss blood horrifically. I prefer WWE where if blood appears even if it's a tiny amount for example like JR on Monday it's shocking and strange unlike TNA where you have Flair etc bleeding all over the place every week.

I don't see the need for it. It's perfectly possible to put on a great wrestling show without blood etc. How about instead of having hardcore matches they give us decent length wrestling matches between folk who can wrestle. Just an idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back