Am I the only one who sees this coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtrivera

Occasional Pre-Show
Recently we have seen a few matches between Cody rhodes and Randy Orton, one on Raw and I think two on smackdown. I didn't think much about it until after Mark Henry won the world title, it got me thinking, this is what I think is going to happen, Orton is going to either. Win at Hell in a Cell and Cody will go for the world title, but lose the IC title to Ted in the process because of Randys help, or Orton will lose at Hell in a Cell and will go for the IC title because Sheamus will go for the World title

Oh god I hope not.

Randy Orton is already established as a top tier talent, he doesn't need the title just to put Cody Rhodes over. Mark Henry just won the World Heavyweight Champion by absolutely destroying Randy Orton and pinning him clean at Night of Champions. It would destroy all momentum Henry's built up since coming to Smackdown. If the WWE wants to build Cody Rhodes up so much and do a program with Orton, then by all means do it. But there is no need for a World Title to be on the line when there is clearly enough there for a feud without the strap being involved. They can always come back to this feud in a year or two when Cody Rhodes is ready to step up and win the World Title. Right now, it should be Henry's time.

Oh god I hope not.

Randy Orton is already established as a top tier talent, he doesn't need the title just to put Cody Rhodes over. Mark Henry just won the World Heavyweight Champion by absolutely destroying Randy Orton and pinning him clean at Night of Champions. It would destroy all momentum Henry's built up since coming to Smackdown. If the WWE wants to build Cody Rhodes up so much and do a program with Orton, then by all means do it. But there is no need for a World Title to be on the line when there is clearly enough there for a feud without the strap being involved. They can always come back to this feud in a year or two when Cody Rhodes is ready to step up and win the World Title. Right now, it should be Henry's time.

In the words of Hamler, that would be just "Cray" just Cray... Yes the way things look now, one would assume that Randy Orton and Cody Rhodes are about to verge on a good program. But it should not involve the World Heavyweight Title. It would take away any credibility from Mark Henry at the moment. All that build up would just be washed away. Let Henry have his rightful reign, and it would make sense to have him and Sheamus do battle over the title. While Orton and Rhodes have a top notch program. Which should be about putting Rhodes over. Like Hamler says, Orton is already top tier.. So him putting Rhodes over is a must to me, and it wont even hurt Orton at all.

I know for one, im ready to see Rhodes take a big step this year, he's already been making good steps but.. He needs this program with Orton, so that next year hopefully... he can go on to the main title picture.

I dont think they would drop Henry's title run so fast. If anything Cody could cost Orton the HW title and then we get a cody/randy feud over the title, although its unlikely to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back