AJ Styles Unhappy With TNA?

The Talon

Occasional Pre-Show
http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/headlines/aj-styles-not-happy-lockdown-news-storm-crimson/

AJ Styles joked about Daniel Bryan’s WrestleMania match and his own amount of TV time on Twitter. When someone told Styles that he could have eighteen-second matches if he went to WWE, Styles posted: yeah, I think I had about 18 seconds total for the past 2 weeks of impact. Just saying.

If i'm TNA, I want to keep Styles as happy as possible. The dude has John Cena-levels of dedication toward TNA, but it's been obvious for the past couple of years the TNA doesn't have that same type of dedication to him.

A tongue in cheek remark is posted as part of a response on Twitter and you immediately assume that being disgruntled over his air-time over the last two weeks equates his being unhappy with the company he's spent nearly his entire career with?

Reach harder, why don't you...

Styles may be upset, but no way to I take this particular statement as an indictment on the company for failing to keep him happy.

AJ Styles isn't going anywhere...he's still TNA bound even by the smallest things done here and now.

If he WERE to be unhappy with his position in the company, I'm sure him and TNA could reach some sort of resolution or maybe a public announcement on twitter by AJ would indicate it. For now, I'd say that you assume the man doesn't want to be apart of the secondary product anymore, that he HATES every little chance he gets to see the crowd or wrestle.

TNA is known for having the same people feud for the title over and over again, maybe the belt will be passed around him a few times...can't predict all of his career, but it's certainly better than jobbing to Brodus Clay on RAW

If this a true statement it's not hard to see why. TNA has all the talent in the world. Light work schedule and have had in the past some fantastic experienced bookers. But they have perpetually spit on the face of their home grown talent and brought in the hottest Indy stars and jobbed them to ex wwe/wcw rejects. See Kurt angle vs samoa Joe part 1. They have turned Aj heel everytime he gets momentum (tna has an obsession with champions). Aj is the heart of that company. But the company is all about ratings and at the end of day, bullshit numbers means bullshit product.

I actually agree with the OP. While this comment may be tongue in cheek I have noticed that AJ has been making a few observational comments about his lack of TV time and main event status. I get the feeling that AJ is not happy with his current standing aqnd I do not blame him. Although he is not suffering as bad as Samoa Joe did, (3 years of nothing) he is only being seen now as a mid carder by Hogan/Bischoff.

I am waiting for TNA to smarten up, get rid of Hogan and push more of the right guys. AJ Vs Storm or AJ Vs Roode would be great. But TNA would rather give us Crimson or Garrett bischoff matches.

I feel if WWE can in with an offer now AJ would jump as being a mid carder in WWE is far better than being a mid carder in TNA.

I actually agree with the OP. While this comment may be tongue in cheek I have noticed that AJ has been making a few observational comments about his lack of TV time and main event status. I get the feeling that AJ is not happy with his current standing aqnd I do not blame him. Although he is not suffering as bad as Samoa Joe did, (3 years of nothing) he is only being seen now as a mid carder by Hogan/Bischoff.

I am waiting for TNA to smarten up, get rid of Hogan and push more of the right guys. AJ Vs Storm or AJ Vs Roode would be great. But TNA would rather give us Crimson or Garrett bischoff matches.

I feel if WWE can in with an offer now AJ would jump as being a mid carder in WWE is far better than being a mid carder in TNA.

We've actually already seen AJ vs Roode, in fact, they main evented a PPV in an Iron Man match. And it was an awesome match. That was like 3 months ago dude.

AJ vs Storm might make a good Impact match, but why would they fued at this point? Both are face and both have already had all their mates from Fourtune turn on them. It would make zero sense. The last thing either Storm or Styles needs is a pointless heel turn.

I'll assume you don't actually watch Impact Wrestling....or maybe you just have a really short memory.

Completely depends on your point of view. Aj Styles gets paid a sizeable chunk of money and doesnt have the same strict rules as the WWE, doesnt have the same strict schedule. For a lot of the TNA wrestlers, that relaxed schedule is the major draw. Hes already in his 30s, he just had a kid, do you really think he wants to disappear for 6 days a week on the road?

Samoa Joe and AJ should get stock in this company for all the dedication they've shown. I do think AJ should take it to the office instead of Twitter though.

I'll assume you don't actually watch Impact Wrestling....or maybe you just have a really short memory.

You can assume all you want but you would be wrong. I have been watching for around 6 years consistently. I have not watched last weeks episode as I couldn't cope with the thought of Hogan dominating the show. Also the previous few weeks and the last PPV were so bad I needed a break.

As for the semi recent match between Roode and AJ. Didn't that end with Roode holding the tights for the win and yet there was no rematch or retaliation. It was simply used to help Roode get further over as a heel rather than helping AJ return to the main event scene. Personally I would like an extended fued between the two.

Finally as for not turning AJ heel for nmo reason I agree as he is shit as a heel. However I would love to see Storm as an eventual heel as I think he would be great in that role.

Completely depends on your point of view. Aj Styles gets paid a sizeable chunk of money and doesnt have the same strict rules as the WWE, doesnt have the same strict schedule. For a lot of the TNA wrestlers, that relaxed schedule is the major draw. Hes already in his 30s, he just had a kid, do you really think he wants to disappear for 6 days a week on the road?

Again I will not dispute this as we are all just guessing what AJ is thinking. However AJ is at most if not all house shows as well as at Impact each week so I figure he is still on the road most days and is certainly earning a lot less than he could.

Styles is in a really awkward position I think when it comes to the WWE/TNA dichotomy. On one hand, he's this guy whose totally dedicated to TNA. He has had great matches, even recently, and has gone out of his way to show just how loyal he is to the company. He's a consistent performer, he does what is asked of him, and overall he's totally a company guy... on a similar level as John Cena like another poster mentioned.

On the other hand, he is nowhere near regarded by the TNA higher ups as Cena is to Vince and Company. He's not the top guy, at least when it comes to being featured on television and in storylines. I can name at least 5 people above AJ on the "importance" meter currently. It seems that despite AJ's loyalty and dedication to the company, he's just not getting his due as of late.

That's got to bother AJ at least a little bit, and I think that's where these "observational comments" are coming from. AJ is still the team player, the company guy, but eventually you get frusturated being loyal to someone who is not as equally "loyal" to you.

AJ also realizes that even if they wanted him, WWE would put him through the ringer for YEARS due to his close ties and long-time affiliation with TNA. An 18 second squash in the opener of the biggest show of the year might be a blessing considering what Vince put a lot of the old WCW/ECW guys through.

An awkward position to be sure. I'm positive Bischoff, Hogan, and the rest of the TNA brass are fully aware of AJ's "dilemma", which explains why they are not overly eager to showcase him in marquee positions as of late.

I mean really, if not TNA where is Styles going to go? WWE? Highly unlikely. ROH? Back to the independents? Certainly not at this stage of his career. In a manner of speaking, he's somewhat stuck. No one likes feeling or being stuck.

I won't read into this too much. I can understand if AJ is upset due to lack of TV time. Yet this is nothing new. Its not the first time he's been held off of TV. He is one of the reasons that fans tune into Impact. But in the end I don't think he's planning an exit from TNA, regardless if he's an "original". Don't put so much stock into what's posted on Twitter.

If I'm AJ Styles, yeah, I'm probably unhappy too. He's in a promotion that people are starting to realize isn't going to come around under current management. You can still make your star under those conditions, but TNA/IW doesn't appear to have a plan or idea for him, or any real interest in using him. Furthermore, if it was accurately reported, I believe he's still bound up under contract for a few years.

He's at the point in his career where he's seeing it happen for other people his age, the same people that he came up with and used to headline events with. CM Punk and Daniel Bryan are on top of the wrestling world. AJ Styles is lost in the shuffle in the #2 company, with just how large the gap is being made ever so clear over the past week. He's not going to get younger, and all this talk of loyalty is what it is- you don't go into show business dreaming of being a bit player.

AJ Styles had a grasp at the golden ring. He's at that age where if it was going to happen, it should be happening; stories like Christian are the exception, rather than the rule. If I'm in his shoes, that has to gnaw at me a little. Yeah, if AJ Styles is a little bit bitter, I could totally understand that and feel for him.

When his contract comes up, he could go to the WWE. He's got a loyal fan following, and while the WWE won't say "he's got a loyal fan following, let's make him a world champion and put him in a three-month feud with Randy Orton", they'll bring him in to get the eyeballs.

While I doubt he is looking to jump ship (even if his contract status allowed it) I don't think you can just dismiss these issues out of hand. Whenever threads about Styles going to WWE would come up the argument against it was usually something revolving around "he is a loyal TNA guy and why would he go from being a big fish in TNA to a small one in WWE". Well, if his star isn't shining as brightly in TNA that discrepancy between his status in TNA and potential status in WWE isn't as great. Suddenly jumping to the mid-card scene in WWE seems more reasonable.

Again, do I think AJ is going anywhere? No. But to say there is zero chance of it happening is a bit shortsighted.

The reason AJ Styles' John Cena-esque dedication hasn't recieved John Cena-esque support from the office is because he doesn't have John Cena-esque revenue making abilities.

AJ Styles is a great athlete, a great performer, but doesn't really draw. He's not and really has never been a character you believe in. He's just a dude who does cool shit in the ring. That doesn't really get you very far.

I've followed AJ since 2002, I bought a VHS of his if that tells you how long ago it was. I just don't think he's really as good as I once thought. the goal is to create emotion because emotion draws fans. He doesn't draw, he doesn't really create emotion other than 'ooooo" from the spots he does.

I feel bad for him because he's given them so much. I think going to the WWE would be good for him. Their "restrictions" actually make guys better because instead of stupidly trying to get over on highspots, they're forced to learn to make "less is more" work. "Less is more" is how CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, etc have gotten over. They tell stories in the ring and on the microphone and portray a believable character. AJ Styles has the dedication to do this but he won't learn it in TNA. The guys who will tell him are the same guys who piss on him. The only people who support him love his style and don't want him to grow.

Ah, maybe because he has been doing absolutely fuck all nothing for months now?

Aye, aye.

WWE is supposedly trying to develop an all cruisweight show. Fuckin go for it AJ. He has the mic skills and charisma to make it to at least marginal success. Austin Aries contract is up soon. If they both go, they would likely be the backbone of the show/brand, given how long both of them have been in the game.

Aye, aye.

WWE is supposedly trying to develop an all cruisweight show. Fuckin go for it AJ. He has the mic skills and charisma to make it to at least marginal success. Austin Aries contract is up soon. If they both go, they would likely be the backbone of the show/brand, given how long both of them have been in the game.
I don't think they'll do it. Mainstream fans see a cruiser division as the minor leagues. It's basically saying "you can't compete with the big boys so here you go". People pay less for percieved less quality.

Also, they won't sign Aries, he doesn't sell a damn thing and that's a big thing in the WWE.

I don't think they'll do it. Mainstream fans see a cruiser division as the minor leagues. It's basically saying "you can't compete with the big boys so here you go". People pay less for percieved less quality.

Also, they won't sign Aries, he doesn't sell a damn thing and that's a big thing in the WWE.

I dont know about that. If they make it a self contained thing, its more playing into a niche audience or making it a different type of entertainment, like the hardcore title was once upon a time.

Aye, aye.

I agree with this post so much that I want to print it out a dozen times and make a championship belt out of it. I'll be the World Good Ideas Champion.

I know the default response to "X going to WWE" is "Oh no - they'll make him come out in clown makeup, slap his testicles from side to side, and then fire him." Much as I'd like to see AJ 'The Pendulum Testicled Clown' Styles on SmackDown for a week, I have a bit more faith than that. If there's a spot in a new fringe show going, there's worse ways to the top than the Daniel Bryan route. Have him do a suicide dive onto Michael Cole and you have yourself an instant star.

Even if TNA put the world title on him tomorrow, he's done all there is to be done three times over. Come, AJ - onto new pastures.

All I'm going to say is that in the 90s, Eric Bischoff walked into WCW and made Ric Flair feel like his dedication towards WCW and NWA weren't anything and that his time had come and gone, which put Flair in the position to leave WCW for WWF.

Who's to say Styles isn't getting the same treatment? Who's to say that Styles isn't feeling like Ric Flair at this moment? Styles is a talented star with a HUGE fan base. WWE would scoop him up, put him in rivalries with guys like Christian, Orton, CM Punk, and maybe even Rhodes, Ziggler, and Swagger. With him being friends with Orton, that also wouldn't make it hard to find his footing.

I'm just saying, for a guy who never wanted to be a wrestler, AJ did a good job of building TNA from the ground up. The least TNA can do is give him a little bit more tv time to keep him happy. For fuck's sake, give him a feud against Aries over the X-Division title. Those two would work magic and it would revive a dead division... It also would give Aries way more credibility as a champion. And no, it wouldn't hurt Styles in anyway possible. Styles was, is, and always will be an X-Division guy.

I can't blame him, he put his heart and soul into TNA since it started in 2002, yet he's just been treated like a second celebrity these days. TNA is more interested in WWE and WCW stars who jump ship with all this Angle, Hardy, Anderson and Sting always in the main event. Not to mention his past title reigns were used to put over Jeff Jarrett, Raven and RVD, three guys who didn't need it. To a lesser extent, I'd say WWE Lower Midcarder Ron Killings, but I can't imagine he'd be too pissed. TNA doesn't really seem like it cares about AJ, so AJ is just treating it the same way.

Its time for AJ to jump ship to WWE. Why not try it? Whats he got to lose? He signs a 1 year contract with WWE and worst case scenario is he makes 250K+ and jobs to wrestlers for a year straight. Then ends up back in TNA.

Or he can stay in TNA, make a 3rd of the money and still be in the position hes stuck in. AJ has done all he can do in TNA. Hes beaten the entire roster, won all the titles multiple times and broken records. Its time for him to move on.

And like others have mentioned....if CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Benoit, Jericho, Eddie...all other company grown talents can become world champions eventually....why cant AJ?

Hell losers like SHAMEus and ADR just have to suck HHH's dick a couple times to be a world champ. When idiots like Jack swagger and great khali can win a world title....AJ should have no problem.

He may indeed be unhappy with his situation in the company right now but that doesn't mean anything will come of it. AJ is TNA whether he is used a lot every week or not and its unlikely he will ever wrestle outside the company. This is more of AJ ruffling some feathers telling the higher ups hey i want to be used better. Its likely just a temporary situation where he is getting limited air time until they roll out his next story line.

They wouldn't throw him in developmental right? Just like they did with Bryan Danielson.
1) Bryan Danielson requested that move because he didn't work in a style that fit well into the WWE style.
2) How's Bryan Danielson doing these days, anyways? Every wrestler gets to be in a World Championship match that opens WrestleMania, so that's not a gauge. And there's never been a wrestler who's gone on to win multiple heavyweigHt cHampionsHips after doing a quick job at Wrestlemania.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back