Is AJ Styles Being Underutilized By TNA?

In my opinion, AJ should be in the title picture, or not too far removed from it. Jesus, I cannot believe that I have been defending Styles, to TNA fans no less, knowing my clear opinion of everything TNA. Some guy even told me to get off AJ's dick.:lmao: I found that funny considering how consistently critical I am of Impact Wrestling.

Even if you disagree with me about whether or not he should be in title contention, I still think he is being grossly underutilized when he's wrestling Tommy fucking Dreamer, Bubba Ray Dudley, Devon Dudley, and Gunner in the year 2011. To utilize him properly, maybe he does not have to be a main eventer (although I disagree), but he does deserve better utilization than that.
Blame the roster then. I mean, besides Kurt Angle, Sting and Mr. Anderson who has he not fought? I know there's a feeling of him being able to do more and he really can, but I don't feel it's the best time for it. I don't really enjoy fantasy booking, but in my eyes AJ Styles vs Mr. Anderson is not only a match-up yet to be explored, but it's also a given possibility given both of their directions. Meanwhile, AJ has headlined a PPV that revolved around a style and division he popularized, had a major feud with a Match Of The Year candidate, feuds with the "powers that be" and helped put over relative newcomer, Gunner. Maybe it isn't "flagship" use, but it's certainly good use and far more than what Sting and Anderson have done this year.

When are people gonna learn that not having the title or not wrestling for it doesn't mean you are underutilized? For God's sake, AJ is in TNA's pocket. He is a guaranteed success whenever he comes on. How about instead of focusing on the guaranteed success, we work on finding another one. Chris Jericho was always in the midcard and/or losing. Was he underutilized? Yeah, thought so.

Actually yea Jericho was underutilized.

It's important who is champ and who is in the title picture, it's a concept as old as wrestling was young, your champ is "the" guy that your company gravitates around. He's the guy you chose to be the most important guy in your company that you use to make money. He's the emblem of your company. That's what TNA doesn'T get by never really having a fix champ.

I do get the feeling TNA just take AJ Styles for granted. The guy is so over, so reliable and never has a bad match. They can always turn to him when they want someone talented to step in, but they never seem to make him THE GUY, and they should.

It seems TNA management just want to focus on the bigger name wrestlers, while constantly ignoring the ones who make TNA what it is, and no symbolises TNA more than AJ Styles. He has been there since day 1, and STILL isn't one of the biggest names in the business, and he really does have it all other than great mic skills, but even those are improving.

Styles should be THE guy going up against Immortal in my eyes. Sting and Angle can feud over the belt but let AJ take down Hogan's faction. He should not be wrestling and losing to nobodies in the BFG series, while the likes of Devon Dudley are winning every week

Styles is criminally wasted, and has been for a while. TNA need to realise that the likes of Sting and Angle will not be there much longer, and ensure that the likes of Styles and Roode are ready to take over when they retire, although Styles has been one of TNAs most valuable assets for years.

I do get the feeling TNA just take AJ Styles for granted. The guy is so over, so reliable and never has a bad match. They can always turn to him when they want someone talented to step in, but they never seem to make him THE GUY, and they should.

It seems TNA management just want to focus on the bigger name wrestlers, while constantly ignoring the ones who make TNA what it is, and no symbolises TNA more than AJ Styles. He has been there since day 1, and STILL isn't one of the biggest names in the business, and he really does have it all other than great mic skills, but even those are improving.

Styles should be THE guy going up against Immortal in my eyes. Sting and Angle can feud over the belt but let AJ take down Hogan's faction. He should not be wrestling and losing to nobodies in the BFG series, while the likes of Devon Dudley are winning every week

Styles is criminally wasted, and has been for a while. TNA need to realise that the likes of Sting and Angle will not be there much longer, and ensure that the likes of Styles and Roode are ready to take over when they retire, although Styles has been one of TNAs most valuable assets for years.
I agree with that, but do you think AJ Styles isn't ready for the Main Event? Kurt and Sting could go away tomorrow and AJ would be ready for the Main Event. That's how over he is. Despite his losses, despite the fact that he was in the mid-card.

If AJ is being criminally misused, what about Shawn Michaels? The way I see it, AJ is exactly like Shawn in terms of being over, putting on amazing matches every time he steps in the ring, losing most of the time and still keeping the crowd invested in what he does. Michaels could've went for the belt at ANY time and everyone would it be okay with it and it will be awesome.

Same with AJ. He's simply over no matter what. He'll get his time like he did in 2009. It's not like he was a constant Main Eventer before he won the World Title, come on now. He still lost a fair shair of matches against people who were nowhere near his in-ring prowess. But hey, wrestlers lose some and win some, even AJ Styles.

Of Course AJ Styles is being misused in TNA... I feel bad for AJ, and Joe ever since Hogan took over. Instead of them using good talent like them, they only push WWE/WCW people... And the only none WWE/WCW they push is Gunner and Murphy, gee thanks Hogan

The show's image is a B
rated WWE format. It is
a complete copy and is
not unique. They throw
a million storylines at
you at once - so nothing
sticks in your mind.
Lastly, they have pushed
their brightest talents
further down on the
card and made them
look like crap e.g. AJ