AJ Styles Severely "Injured" Why?

On AJ's website www.ajstyles.org this has been posted.

AJ was allowed to return home Tuesday afternoon after
the Monday taping that aired last night. He was removed
from this weekend's house shows. He is recovering at home.

I am still unsure if he is really hurt or that it is all a work to add to the storyline.

i dnt know if it was a work or not but one of the refs put up the "X" sign which usually means legit injury so i hav no idea wat th go with AJ is :( I hope its kayfabe.

I wouldn't worry about this. Yes AJ did take a sickening hit but it was all part of the storyline.

It may not be a credible source but when this sort of thing happens I type AJ's name on wikipedia and the information tells me it was a storyline injury.

However nothing is for certain.

It's a strange one even if it is a work. How long do they give AJ off? The way they've booked him recently really has been quite awful. The guy should be headlining TNA week in week out instead he's been feuding with Matt Hardy and has now been taken out by Bubba Ray Dudley. It just seems like a waste of the guy.

In regards to the X being thrown up it's pretty common knowledge that, that means a legit injury and I don't think it would be the first time a companies used it when it wasn't actually one. I can't think of an example off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure it's been used to make storyline injuries look more real before.

I can't exactly tell if it's a work or not but i do have some thoughts.

Reasons for it to be a work
The cameras kept recording the whole time.
Fortune were the only wrestlers to come out. Maybe it was to not break kayfabe but when the injury is that serious the wrestler himself is the main priority.
The cameras were ready backstage in exactly the right spots.
Bully Ray kicking AJ and screaming at Fortune.
The whole thing just seemed too carefully planned.
It takes everyone's attention away from Jeff Hardy

Reasons for it to be legit
The referee made the X signal which means a legit injury.
It doesn't look like they landed in the right place. It looks like they were meant to land in the middle of the tables but got the positioning wrong. (I mean, they were being guided by Flair...)
If you look closely, you can see that around the area that they landed, there's a slightly raised part of the ground. When the powerbomb happens the black sheet gets pulled over it but it looks like AJ might have hit his head there.
AJ didn't move at all after the powerbomb.

I honestly can't decide if this is legit or not. We'll just have to wait for now

AJ Styles was NOT hurt legitimately during the power bomb through the table.

In regards to the X being thrown up. Yes it is used for legitimate injuries but it is not made to look so obvious if it was a legit injury. Just look at the difference between the Hardy situation and the AJ situation. When the ref threw the X for Hardy it was just caught on screen and was only seen once, this was for someone to quickly come out and try to fix the situation. WIth AJ the ref threw the X many times, blatently for the camera and not just for the team in the back, infact he kept throwing up the X once many helpers were with AJ.

Also look at the fact that Bully Ray kept kicking AJ, this was great to add heat to the Bully Ray character, there is no way Bubba would be kicking a legit injured wrestler and friend.

So although it is a work, why is AJ written off of our TV?

I would guess that AJ is either not fully recovered from his hip injury and just needs to rest up until lockdown or it is simply to get the Bully Ray character as much heat as he can. In my opinion Bully Ray was the most entertaining both on the mic and in the ring at the last impact.

I also believe they are trying to keep AJ away from the main event at Lockdown as it is too soon for him to get involved, they need to get the Anderson/RVD/Sting scenario to play out for a few months first. I fully expect AJ to be holding the title going into BFG this year.

I can't stand the "Bully Ray" angle at all. Every time one of the 3D guys tries a singles run it is an epic fail. They're just not believable as singles wrestlers and every time Brother Ray gets on the mic it just seems like he's trying too hard. That being said, I think the show last week was the best TNA Impact ending in a LONG time (apparently including PPV's). I think it's entirely possible (even probable) that AJ took a big bump and even hurt his neck but hopefully it's not too bad. It did look awful though...or awesome, depending on how you look at it. :)

TNA is not live, it is pretaped a couple of weeks in advance. If AJ Styles had really gotten hurt, they wouldn't have kept the cameras on for that long and shown everything up close. Bully Ray wouldn't have taunted or talked trash. How long have some of you been watching wrestling? You know sometimes they pretend to be hurt, right? If AJ was laying there rolling around and moving after the powerbomb, the whole neck injury angle would've looked stupid. Watch a "real" sport and see how it works when they get neck injuries. They know immediately to sit still. He sold it well, as did every wrestler nearby, including Bully Ray. I really don't think AJ will be taking much time off at all to sell the injury honestly. TNA is taped for another two-three weeks if I remember so he'd be "off" anyway pretty much. Just leave him off of house shows until his Impact! return, which will most likely be before the pay per view.

vermilion you have a great point, except for 1 thing. Last thursdays Impact was taped on Monday right after the Victory Road PPV. Anyways A.J Styles was not really hurt because we would have heard about it by now, so he will likely be back soon.

I don't think AJ was hurt. TNA was gracious enough to give us a few angles of the spot and AJ's neck didn't look to land badly in any way. I think it's a work.

As far as the "X" being thrown up -- I think that was for Bully Ray. I read that he blew his knee out and it seemed he had a hard time walking around on iMPACT.

I hope it was just an angle and AJ would be well rested for Lockdown so he could probably make a surprise entrance or something heroic/face-like. AJ's not hurt. Kid's been through worse bumps than that.

I believe it is a good storyline being developed and Ray is doing a nice job of being Bully, AJ being out for some time will make his return so much better. But what I am thinking is what about the TNA World Heavyweight title? Is it going to be a three way bout between three babyfaces? That will be so not right...and putting in Bully Ray in that mix will also not be a nice thing to do.

I believe TNA is going in the right direction with this storyline if they can fix the world title picture but the guys involved have a history of messing up things so I will like to wait and watch how it plays out.

I believe it is a good storyline being developed and Ray is doing a nice job of being Bully, AJ being out for some time will make his return so much better. But what I am thinking is what about the TNA World Heavyweight title? Is it going to be a three way bout between three babyfaces? That will be so not right...and putting in Bully Ray in that mix will also not be a nice thing to do.

I believe TNA is going in the right direction with this storyline if they can fix the world title picture but the guys involved have a history of messing up things so I will like to wait and watch how it plays out.

Everything you said is basically true, except for the Main event at Lockdown. Yes for now it will be a 3 way dansce between 3 faces, but did you see Anderson talking to Bischoff on the last impact? My bet is that someone will turn at the Main-Event and it won't be Sting.

While it sucks that AJ is 'injured', maybe this will give Robert Roode the chance to shine as Fortunes mouthpeice and leader until AJ comes back. Roode has big time main event player written all over him if you ask me.

This was a nice way to help Bully Ray get some more heat. This attack did look devastating. It looked liked Ray was trying to kill AJ. Ray took out TNA's shinning star, so I'm sure this attack will give his push a nice boost. It wouldn't surprise me if a match between these two took place somewhere down the line, and I wouldn't be surprised if Ray won, because TNA seems serious about getting Ray over big time as a heel.

I was sitting in the chairs next to the entrance ramp and was less than 20 feet from AJ when he hit that table. It was nasty, instead of hitting it in the center as usual he hit directly above where the legs are attached, the table didn't actually break until Ray rolled off AJ towards the center of the table. I could instantly tell AJ wasn't going to walk out of there under his own power. Brian Hebner threw the X up right away. Al Snow grabbed Ray and was really giving him shit about something. When Ray moved back to the stage Snow followed and continued to give him shit and Ray had a look on his face like he knew he fucked up. The "injury" at least warranted being checked at the hospital. From what I heard from some of the stalkers that hang out in the wrestler's hotels is that AJ and Kaz travel back and forth to the hotel together. When Kaz showed up AJ wasn't with him. AJ was seen at the hotel the next day, so he isn't injured as badly as TNA is making out. He was sent home because I'm sure he wasn't in shape to wrestle the next two nights to finish up the Impact tapings. If its a work its the best work in history. To me, as Angle would say, it was real, damn real.

Ric-Flair.jpg

I can't imagine this being fake - unless TNA is really that stupid. Finally given a chance to rid itself of Jeff Hardy and push the right people into a match with Sting - TNA writes off AJ Styles? Good move writing off th e one guy who has any chance at being and carrying TNA. They are so hung up in this Immortal storyline they wouldnt do the smart booking thing and propel AJ into a title match.

It should have gone down like this - AJ come out, tell Hogan/Bischoff how disgusting it is what they have done with TNA, and then challenge Sting to a real title shot - emphasizing the "real" as to say the Hardy match was a complete work (whether it was or not, this doesn't make management seem SO fucking dumb for sending out an impaired wrestler). While Immortal may not want to see AJ or any face get a shot at Sting - Sting should just accept to continue his attitude of "this is bullshit" and he isnt going to go along with what Hogan/Bischoff want to do. THEN you would have two faces of TNA - new breed and its most dedicated veteran fighting at a big PPV (Lockdown is a Big 4 event yearly).

Instead they write off AJ, or put him in a position to get taken out by Ray - brilliant. TNA you fail to see the big picture and are so short term that you havent received a payoff greater than 10 cents in over 2 years.

I can't imagine this being fake - unless TNA is really that stupid. Finally given a chance to rid itself of Jeff Hardy and push the right people into a match with Sting - TNA writes off AJ Styles? Good move writing off th e one guy who has any chance at being and carrying TNA. They are so hung up in this Immortal storyline they wouldnt do the smart booking thing and propel AJ into a title match.

Why? So the Main Event could become a four-way between four faces with AJ surely losing the match? If anyone wins it, it's going to be either Sting or Anderson, I doubt TNA would put the belt back on RVD, but who knows. They won't put it on AJ, yet.

Besides, you're forgetting that AJ is a part and leader of Fourtune. There's the inevitable match between Fourtune and Immortal. Is it gonna be Roode, Kaz and Storm vs Matt Hardy, Bully Ray, Gunner, Murphy (plus the possible addition of Hernandez and Rob Terry)? Think dammit.

AJ shouldn't go for the title now. It's too late to do that. It would make little to no sense. AJ should be smack dab in the war with Immortal and be the guy to take the final pin.

I'm sure this is kayfabe, and I'm sure AJ will make some sort of a heroic save at Lockdown or something. AJ's not written off. When RVD and Anderson have their shots, TNA would have no other choice but to give AJ a whirl.

The injury is kayfabe.

A lethal lockdown match between Immortal and Fourtune without Jeff Hardy looks too lopsided so this is a way to make it a hell of a lot even. Expect AJ to still have an impact in the match (i.e. a top of the cage manoeuvre that will have us talking for decades etc etc.)

Honestly, it probably happened for a number of reasons. I think they want to make Hardy-AJ for the title at some point. Which, in a way, I think can sell. However, building it up only helps.

This allows them to stall, while also giving Bully Ray a push up after losing in two semi-important matches. So, it helps both men out. However, it could also help with the shock that TNA is trying to pull off.

They try to give you mini-cliffhangers on every IMPACT. So, this helps that. When he returns, it also helps.

Is there any update on AJ?

Anyone know how long he will be out for?

Anyone know the actual reason this angle was done?

Is there any update on AJ?

Anyone know how long he will be out for?

Anyone know the actual reason this angle was done?

1. Not that I know of, and there shouldn't be. If TNA starts giving us constant updates, you'll know it's a work. The best way to serve a surprise (if there will be any) is to give the fans little to no information.

2. Nope. They keep saying that he's out "indefinitely".

3. I have no idea, and I'd like to keep it that way. I'm not TOO sure whether he's actually injured or not. I can't say, but it looks like it's an angle, and I hope it is. I'm suspecting a surprise return at Lockdown or maybe after Anderson and RVD had their shots, and if any of them won, AJ will be the next in line for a title shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back