• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AJ Makes A Little Slice Of History

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
As of today, AJ Lee has been WWE Divas Champion for 214 days. Yesterday, she officially surpassed Maryse's 212 day run that began in late 2008 to become the longest reigning Divas Champion. If AJ holds onto the Divas Championship to this coming Monday, she'll be the longest reigning women's champ, period, since Alundra Blayze's, AKA Madusa, reign of 342 days that began in December 1993.

Granted, it's not exactly if women's wrestling has an oh so glorious past, in WWE, as far as the grand scheme of things goes. That holds true, for the most part, as it pertains to either the Women's or Divas Championship. But, I think it's fair to say that AJ Lee is easily the most intriguing and relevant female wrestler in WWE since Trish Stratus back in 2000.

Given that we saw a very, very brief image of NXT's Emma, holding a sign in the crowd as the camera intentionally focused on her briefly, I'm thinking she'll be the one who ends AJ's run. I'm thinking they'll debut her pretty soon and they'll have a match at WrestleMania XXX. If so, I think AJ's run as Divas Champion will end on day 295.

If AJ holds onto the Divas Championship to this coming Monday, she'll be the longest reigning women's champ, period, since Alundra Blayze's, AKA Madusa, reign of 342 days that began in December 1993.

Trish Stratus held it for 448 days from January 2005 up until April 2006, actually. That was the longest reign since Rockin Robin in 1988. Wouldn't it be awesome for AJ to even beat that record? Doubtful, especially in today's wrestling world.

That aside.... AJ absolutely 100% deserves to have broken the record for the longest title reign ever when the Divas Championship specifically is ranked. She is the best diva they have when you rank overall talent in the ring and on the mic. She should remain on top and continue to lead the division into the future. I hope that the reign continues for a very long time. She's the best thing to happen to the division since when Trish and Lita left, offering a small amount of hope for a division that no one cared about for years. Congrats to AJ on setting the new record! :) Now she should aim for lasting as long as Trish did with the Womens Championship reign in 2005-2006. ;)

AJ is easily the most talented Diva of her generation. Good matches (by Divas standards), good promo work and the crowd care about her. It was clear as soon as she started her Crazy Chick gimmick that big things were in store for her, so I'm glad she's done so well.

As for who's going to take the title from her, that's a surprisingly interesting question. I imagine that WWE are quite high on Summer Rae, and she's decent, though not quite ready yet. As Jack Hammer said, Emma made her on-screen debut on Raw. There's no doubt that Emma will get over, between her music and her dancing and her considerable talent in the ring. Or WWE might wait until Paige is healthy again and call her up, though I'm not sure that's going to be any time in the first half of the year. Also, I'd bet my left nut that Bayley is a future Divas champion. And then there's always potential for returning women like Beth Phoenix, Mickie James or Kharma. So yeah, the Divas division is almost interesting, or at least has an interesting future.

As long as the Total Divas are kept the hell away from the title.

Trish took a 6 month holiday, so does hers really count? I guess in the record books.

Since I've been watching wrestling the women's division in WWE has always been rubbish. It wasn't any better when Alundra Blaze was champ, nor when Trish & Lita shared the belt around. Maybe it was better when Moolah was champ, but I'm not a dinosaur so how the fuck would I know.

It doesn't mean much, but I guess this makes A.J. one of the great women's champions in WWE history. I think two good matches, from my memory, and a lengthy reign earn her that honor.

I'm happy for AJ she fully deserves it, she truly has been the best and most interesting wwe diva in recent history. She has had good matches and has a great character. Hope her reign goes on for much longer because at the moment who else is more interesting that AJ Lee in the Divas Division!!

AJ is just pure awesomeness! She is easily the best Diva since Trish and Lita left and that was quite some time ago,.. I would love for her reign to continue till WM31 at least. AJ is the Divas division she is the alpha female and the whole bat shit crazy gimmick is just golden as it once was when it first made its debut..

AJ has incredible work ethic,her mic work is incredible,plus the whole skipping acting innocent bat bleep crazy chick is a turn on! Just saying

Good for AJ. If you actually get a tattoo of your win date on your neck, I guess you deserve to hold it a while. :p

Still has a long way to go to beat Moolah. What was it, something like 30 years as woman's champ? That makes these so called moments at 214 days or even Trish at 400 days look like something wiped off your shoe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back