• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

After Shock

Ty Burna

Getting Noticed By Management
If you haven't had an opportunity, stop over on WZCW.com for the announcement.

What this means non kayfabe wise, is we will be able to spread matches out more instead of bunching everyone on to two shows. As you can see from the last two shows we had quite a number of tag team and multi man matches to keep the shows balanced. After Shock will feature some of the talent that have unfortunately been lost in the shuffle a bit, and give them an opportunity for their characters to develop more on screen and proper feuds. Title matches will take place on occasion on After Shock as well.

What we also will be doing for this show, is have you the people have the opportunity to help write the show. We will rotate guest writers so everyone has a chance to participate. A Creative member will be placed in charge of the show who will PM the guest writers what matches they will write, the result of said match, and any spots that will be required in the match. Once completed the matches can be PM'd to the Creative Member placed in charge.

After Shock will also be used on PPV weekends to give those left off the PPV card to appear on a show as well.

Any thoughts or questions?

This is a legit idea. I have a few questions.

What day will the show air on?

Will the show be shorter length than Meltdown or Ascension?

How will the guest writers be chosen? Do people need to sign up or will they be randomly contacted?

Is this possibly leading us into a full brand division with After Shock being like a "Superstars" show where we have cross branded matches?

Do you think this will slow down the shows collectively because of the added work load?

Will this be like a Sunday Night Heat where we see the lower card and occasional mid card superstar thrive?

Cheers!

I'm actually happy for this. I think Armando Paradyse would do better in a One-on-One match instead of all the multi-man madness he has been in. Since I have been in WZCW, I have only been in one singles match and that was a win over Chris Beckford! ;)

This is a legit idea. I have a few questions.

What day will the show air on?

No specific day set, although I'm leaning towards Sunday or Monday.
Will the show be shorter length than Meltdown or Ascension?

Shorter. MD and AS would be considered two hour shows, After Shock would be 1.

How will the guest writers be chosen? Do people need to sign up or will they be randomly contacted?

Through sign up. We'll then select the people to write the matches, and rotate every couple shows or so.

Is this possibly leading us into a full brand division with After Shock being like a "Superstars" show where we have cross branded matches?

It is a possibility, but I wouldn't count on a brand division. We've tried to stray away from it ever since we introduced Ascension.

Do you think this will slow down the shows collectively because of the added work load?

It shouldn't.
Will this be like a Sunday Night Heat where we see the lower card and occasional mid card superstar thrive?

Sort of. I don't want people to think of it as a demotion. I want people to see it as an opportunity to further spotlight all of the roster on WZCW. I see a lot of guys just hovering and filling in spots as opening matches. I want to get away from that, and to provide more singles match opportunities for everyone.

Thank you!

Definitely something that was needed with the bloated size of the roster and the need to give members something to do rather than simply make up numbers. There is only so long newer guys would stick around should there be no real development of their role despite the work they have put in.

If handled the right way, After Shock need not be a Sunday Night Heat or ECWWE but an extension of the WZCW landscape and an investment in its current and future development not just in terms of storyline but also in helping search for future writers.

I just thought of something. I know that you said that the show will air on PPV weeks too, but what about on Kingdom Come. I think that the PPV should be a stand alone event considering the significance of it.

I just thought of something. I know that you said that the show will air on PPV weeks too, but what about on Kingdom Come. I think that the PPV should be a stand alone event considering the significance of it.

Obviously we have the right to decide when to use it and not use it :). For instance if the numbers dwindle and After Shock isn't needed, we'll put it on the shelf until it is needed once more.

If we have a ridiculous amount of members come KC, we may need to use it. However, I'm pretty sure we can fit a roster of this size on the one card.

Not anymore dude. Do you remember what you did last PPV?

Either way, this is an awesome opportunity to spread everyone out. It also gives someone like me on creative time to write matches and not be late/give the workload to someone else because of work or other issues. So yeah, expect a lot less of the shows being late now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back