• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A Year Since it's Been Gone; Would You Want the Six-Sided Ring Back?

MachoMadness1988

HISTORY BECKONS THE MACHO MAN!
It has been a little over a year since TNA decided to go from a 6 sided ring to a traditional 4 sided ring. The whole "WE WANT SIX SIDES" and being upset that the 6 sided ring was gone seemed to go away a few months after the change. The fans that were upset seemed to accept it, and we moved on. UNTILL.....

When AJ Styles was cutting his promo on Hogan and Bischoff talking about how they started "changing things, spending money, ect.". A few seconds later the iMPACT Zone fans started chanting "WE WANT SIX SIDES". Since the video of that promo has been uploaded on YouTube, the video has had a lot of vocal fans on there starting up again with "WE WANT SIX SIDES".

The current storyline seems like it's setting up Fourtune to try and take TNA back. Do you think that would entail bring back the 6 sided ring? I really hope not, because I personally think the 4 sided ring looks SO much better. I would be rather pissed if they brought back the 6 sided ring. I think the 4 sided ring looks so much more professional, and it makes them look more legit.

My question to you guys, after having a year of TNA having the 6 sided ring gone, would you want the 6 sided ring back or do you prefer TNA having the traditional 4 sided ring?

God, a year later and people still can't get over the fact that a six sided ring is a pointless gimmick that turns off a lot of wrestling fans and makes TNA look like a playpen. Then again, they're youtube comments, I don't think anyone has ever said anything even semi-intelligent in one of those.

Move the fuck on people. It's four sided, looks better now, and is going to stay.

PLEASE BRING BACK THE 6-Sided Ring!!!! It MADE TNA! since hogan and bischoff went to TNA and made it the foursided ring it has just gone down the tubes. I was really getting into TNA at one point, even more than WWE at one point and ive been a lifelong WWE fan. But when hogan got there and changed it they took away everything good about TNA and now they just waste great talent like angle, hardys, RVD, and styles!

Right, because the ring they wrestle in is also writing the shows. Move on marks.

PLEASE BRING BACK THE 6-Sided Ring!!!! It MADE TNA! since hogan and bischoff went to TNA and made it the foursided ring it has just gone down the tubes. I was really getting into TNA at one point, even more than WWE at one point and ive been a lifelong WWE fan. But when hogan got there and changed it they took away everything good about TNA and now they just waste great talent like angle, hardys, RVD, and styles!

Ok so the ring made tna go down the tubes! Ok thats totaly understandable, not two power hungry people that should have left pro wrestling after they sucked dry one company. But still lets blame it on the ring.

I believe that the 6 sided ring looked good for one match and one match only. That was the cage match, it give you a bit more room to have maybe 1 more person in the match, but thats about it.

I never really liked the 6 sided ring, it dosent add anything to the match value or the pace of things. It just kind of looks stupid to wrestle in.

NO! I HATED the six sided ring. I started watching TNA in 02 and stopped when they moved to the six sided ring. I thought it looked like a playpen and was a complete gimmick. It look unprofesional and childish. Having a six sided ring was one of the worst decisions that TNA has ever made. In fact, I think it was the worst because that ring affected every single match and interview.

I always hated it when people said it was a good idea because it was different and it helped them compete. Bullshit. It's not the ring, its what you put in it.

If TNA brings back that six sided ring I will probably stop watching all together.

at first i thought TNA using a 4 sided ring was a horrible idea because the guys who were there long were used to the 6 sided ring but then they got used to it and so did the fans but i personally miss the 6 sided ring it was orignal and cool at times so i say yes bring it back!

Bring back six sides? Yes, but do it in the story. There is this idiot writer who thinks 2 people (Hogan vs Dixie Carter) are struggling over control over the company is a good idea.

Now Hogan/Bishoff introduced the 4 sided ring to TNA, we know backstage they hated the 6 sides, now they are the top heels in the company (and who knows how long we are stuck with them, surely Hogan's old enough for a nursing home isn't he?) so when the faces finally go over the heels, thats when you bring it back.

Hm personally I never cared much for the six sided ring; I also tend to believe that it looks a little unprofessional.

However, considering it's a part of TNA's history, as short as that may be, why not make it the gimmick of a PPV event? I mean, gimmick PPVs seem be all the rage anyway, so why not have one event of the year where they go back to using the six sided ring for one night only, as in a "TNA Traditional"-PPV or something like that. Also, the name "Six Sides of Steel" just sounds cool, heh.

But I think that way, they could pay tribute to the "old" six sided style every year and do something for the loyal TNA watchers who want to see the six sides again... but the rest of the time they'd have a "regular" four sided ring. I think that would also turn the six sided ring into somewhat more of a special attraction and give it some more meaning, if they play that up a little.

But if it comes down to six sides or four sides only, then I'm going with the four sided version. I'm just old school, heh.

Who cares? The product will suck either way, six sided ring, 4 sided ring, the ring made no difference to me. But if i had to choose, I would pick the traditional 4 sided ring. The 6 sided ring looked different, but in a bad way to me. It looked awkward, and it just portrayed TNA in a weird way too. The first reaction (no pun intended) people get (as casual wrestling fans) regards the ring, and it's usually a negative reaction too.

I laugh at the comments people make regarding the ring though, as if the ring was the downfall of TNA's existence and product. Please.

i personally think ,while gimmicky, the 6 sided ring was tna's identity
it was what made tna stand out from any other fed in history
for certain matches, it was perfect (6 sides of steel, clockwork orange match that they need to bring back, ultimate x that they also need to bring back), and for the x division wrestlers, believe it or not it made the matches seem a bit more upbeat, the x-division matches have alot more maneuverability so it benefited from the extra space in the ring.
i personally kinda miss it & think it would only do good for tna to bring it back

The problem is the fact that of the changes TNA was trying to make to their product, the ring was not one of them. The fans liked the ring whether you guys like it or not, they did and TNA's concern should be keeping the people that watch their product happy. There were a lot of advantages to the ring and one of them was that it was innovative. It was something that helped elevate the X-Division and in my opinion, it was one of the most unique things with TNA. I mean since Hogan and Bischoff came, They changed the ring and even made it smaller and added that stupid ramp for a short time which nobody liked. I will say along with every other fan saying it: WE WANT SIX SIDES!

i personally think ,while gimmicky, the 6 sided ring was tna's identityit was what made tna stand out from any other fed in history
for certain matches, it was perfect (6 sides of steel, clockwork orange match that they need to bring back, ultimate x that they also need to bring back), and for the x division wrestlers, believe it or not it made the matches seem a bit more upbeat, the x-division matches have alot more maneuverability so it benefited from the extra space in the ring.
i personally kinda miss it & think it would only do good for tna to bring it back

See ok here this is whats wrong with this statement. I like your match statements about it, but really gave it Tna's identity? What makes a company is its workers, and its storys. What makes the company money is not the ring, its how much we like it. While the ring may have added a small different angle we haven't seen outside of MMA before, it deffinatly was not what made Tna different from WWE OR ROH.

Jesus... "a little unprofessional"? Really?! So, what about the hexagonal and octagonal rings/cages widely used in MMA? Also unprofessional? Ha-ha, lol.

WE WANT SIX SIDES!

For everyone saying the six-sided ring looked like a playplen; learn how to word things your own fucking way and not just copy word-for-word what other people say. No one EVER made that remark until Hogan made it, maybe a few similar ways, but never did I hear it prior. It makes you look like a mindless tool when you do that.

As far as the Six-Sided ring is concerned, I thought it worked to an extent but it was way too small. If TNA could afford to use bigger rings (which they can't due to the Impact Zone) I'd say they should go with a AAA six sided ring just to stand out a little more. But the original ring was quite small and their current one is still somewhat small compared to bigger companies (WWE, NJPW, AJPW, etc.)

But a little off-topic note from someone who knows about rings; the shape and size of the ring made the ropes very stiff which were really good for the X-Division wrestlers.

I don't think it's worth it to bring back the 6 sided ring when it could possibly turn new fans away just to please fans that I think will watch no matter if the ring has 4 or 6 sides, as long as the product is to what they want to watch(Example: The X-Division was born in a 4 sided ring. They had amazing matches in a 4 sided ring, and it's what got people hooked on the X-Division in the first place).

Also, from what I've read, AJ Styles said in an interview that bumps hurt less in the 4 sided ring then they did in the 6 sided ring.

Honestly what good did the 6 sided ring bring? Absolutely nothing! The ring has nothing to do with the entertainment value except when the Ropes are:
A)wrapped in barbed wire
B) surrounded by a cage
C) both of the above

The only time I would like to see the 6 sided ring used is if it were for an X-Division free for all. That's about the only time I'd personally want to see it. Having many cruiser-weights/light-heavyweights in the ring bouncing around performing insane high risk moves. Then it's ok. But otherwise from a traditional standpoint, they call it the "squared-circle" my friends. The RING shouldn't be what is "original" and "inventive". The TALENT and STORYLINES along with the Promos should be what is original and inventive. If your company is basing everything solely on the fact that you are using a "6 sided ring" and not basing it on the fact that you have some of the hottest up and coming stars in Pro Wrestling, then there is a serious problem.

Answering the thread title question, not really.

To be completely honest, it took me a couple of weeks really to notice it being the 4 sided ring so saying that TNA's original identity was the six sided ring is a little far fetched as wouldn't one assume that TNA would want their identity to be immediately noticeable?. What gives TNA it's identity are it's top tier performers, like AJ Styles, Joe, the Guns and the others.

TNA is also doing fine right now so there would be no immediate need to bring it back but at the end of the day, it's TNA so I wouldn't be suprised if there was a match where Immortal put Jeff against AJ from fortune where it being if AJ won, TNA would get a six sided ring or something old school TNA related, although old school might be the wrong word, you get the point.

I wouldn't mind seeing the six sided ring again, I think it's different and I usually like things that are not conventional. I wouldn't mind the four sided ring staying either, it's really irrelevant.

I've heard that the six sided ring is a lot harder on the body than the four sided ring, it doesn't have as much give. Often times when I watch older TNA matches and someone takes a bump, the ring doesn't bounce, it's as hard as concrete so I guess it's better for the wrestlers if it stays 4 sided.

The ring is the very last thing TNA has to worry about. Bringing it back, or not, either way is cool with me. Personally, I'd want to see the Six Sided Ring only one night a year and that's Destination X.

Well it certainly hasn't had a huge impact for the better which was the reasoning behind going to a traditional 4 sided ring.

Personally i can see from a spectator standpont having 4 sides is easier to view, since the action can only come east to west or nth to south, however a six sided ring more people could see some action as opposed to just the people facing any of the 4 sides.

and six sided offered more opportunities for unique action and had faster paced matches.

6 sided ring and X Division were also what made TNA different from the norm.

I liked the 6 sided ring, but it defiantly has its draw backs. I felt the 6 sided ring was great for 2 things. It was smaller so it made the X-Division look like stars. Aj could springboard anyone from any where at any time. MCMG's high speed offence looked more impactful, because they could get to the turnbuckle from anywhere. There weren't as many "big guys" either. I mean Abyss was the largest athlete in TNA. Monty Brown's pounce looked devestating, because it was a weird angle. Christian Cage, Ron Killings, Joe and AJ were athletic enough to make it work.

Truth is I don't Kennedy, Hogan, either of the Hardys, could handle it.

I would like to see TNA do maybe a gimmick PPV where they went back to the 6 sides for one night only. Hell have can we have a King of the Mountain match, or a Proper Monster's Ball. Have like an Old-School TNA PPV. If that happened, I would order the PPV.

I liked the 6 sided ring, it gave TNA the Mexican type faster product feel. Also LOVED the 6 Sides of Steel, that was a great cage. But on the down side it was limiting what could be done. Most of the best matches of the last 30 years were World War 3, War Games, and The Royal Rumble, you can't do those types of things with a smaller ring that has ropes several inches shorter (Verdically). I would love to see TNA come up with PRACTICAL pay-per-view events and that is harder to do with 6 sides.

So for me 4 Sides is fine, but now they need to know what to do with it, and the talent in it.

I believe that the 6 sided ring looked good for one match and one match only. That was the cage match, it give you a bit more room to have maybe 1 more person in the match, but thats about it.
I completely agree. It looks good if you've never seen wrestling before, but it doesn't really add anything to it. If anything, I'd imagine it would be harder to navigate for a wrestler.

I would say it has advantages in x-division matches, but anything else it just looks poor, and tacky. Four sides is classic, and this is one occasion where change is not a good thing.

However, leading onto what I quoted, I think a six-sided ring should be used at Lockdown. The 'six sides of steel' has a nice ring to it, and the ring actually looks insane with a cage on, and makes the 6 sided ring gimmick worth it. That would be the ONLY capacity I would be happy to see the six sided ring back in TNA.

Personally I don't care. The matches themselves have still been pretty good and lets not forget TNA started out in a 4 sided ring anyway so its not that big of a deal.

I personally liked the 6-Sided ring, but no, it's not the ring change that is killing TNA, it's like what most people are saying, Hogan & Bischoff.

Most people think the traditional 4-sided ring is more legit. So, in that case, maybe bringing it back full-time wouldn't be a good thing, but what if TNA had a couple PPVs a year that they bring back the 6-sided ring. Like, "6-Sides of Steel" and "X-Factor". Space them out, maybe 6 months apart or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back