A very Nexus Royal Rumble..

Mr. Artistic guy

Better Off This Way
Continuing the flurry of Royal Rumble threads at this time: - Now it would seem to me that we now have a heel faction consisting of four members on each of the two brands in WWE. Within which we have one leader who is more high profile than the rest of the group who is likely to have some sort of singles match going in to the royal rumble. This would mean to me that we have three members from each faction going on to enter the royal rumble. The two faction (as the latest was only formed this previous smackdown) have yet to meet each other face to face.

So my question is what is the effect that this situation will have on the proceedings of the royal rumble? Will it be passed by and uncapitalised upon or will it be used to set up some kind of cross branded feud between the two heel groups? Or will it be used in some other way such as to form a group co-alition across the two brands?

Personally I can see this resulting in a faked feud between the two, but they then unite to reveal their plan was to dominate both brands and Barrett going to smackdown was all part of the plan.

Personally I can see this resulting in a faked feud between the two, but they then unite to reveal their plan was to dominate both brands and Barrett going to smackdown was all part of the plan.

Gotta say that I love this idea and have already stated that I believe CM Punk will win the Rumble with the help of Nexus. Having effectively the same faction on oth brands with different members really does build on the original success and percieved threat of Nexus as a group.

While you could be right about the two factions uniting at some point, I think Barrett and Punk will both be in the rumble match. Hell even if you have a singles match before hand, it doesn't necessarily mean you can't be in the rumble. I think the purpose of the factions is to help the leader win the Rumble match and it may even come down to Barrett and Punk being 2 of the final 4 or something like that.

Good thread and i think it could end up being a very nexus rumble with CM Punk winning the thing! I like that idea a lot! He could use the win in a rumble! Also I think it would be really cool if they were two different but the same factions but there could just be two different factions, i mean DX and the Nation were both heel and they were factions so it is possible to have to heel factions at the same time

I think every member of both factions will be in the Rumble match. Neither CM Punk or Barrett are in a title match and it's very rare for non-title matches to take place at the Royal Rumble.

I think we'll see something. That's all I've got at the moment - a something. I don't beleive that we will se a union between the to. It wouldn't add up. If it was a ploy to take ove both brands, they would have come out with it, surely? What would be the point in setting the wole thing up?

A showdown between the two groups is the most likely event to take place. A turn by one of the members could happen. For example, McGillicutty eliminates CM Punk and joins Barrett.

I'm looking foward to the Royal Rumble particuarly for what will happen with the groups. I'm sure whatever goes down, it will be good.

I don't think that it will lead to a feud. Yes both factions will be a part of the Rumble, most probably all four members from each faction will be a part. There will be some friction between the two factions but in all probability, it will lead to nothing.

The point is, as the OP mentioned the secondary Nexus faction has just been formed on Smackdown. They will first need to gain some notoriety on Smackdown before they challenge the might of the original Nexus.

At the most it could lead to a six man match at Elimination Chamber. But I feel its too early even for that to happen.

I still think it's a ploy myself. I think a Nexus takeover of WWE is what we'll see. I would love it if thats the way the brand extension ends, by having raw and smackdown unite and takeout Nexus down the line. I am not sure about The Royal Rumble winner, I have my thoughts Triple H could return at the Rumble and be this years returning superstar that wins the rumble, It happend for Cena and it's happened for Edge. I hope this is not the case but I wouldn't be surprised if thats how it goes down. I don't see CM Punk facing off with The Miz for the title so I'm not sure if CM Punk will end up being the winner... But I do think Nexus will make it's mark at the Rumble.

I personaly wouldnt be suprised if they pulled a swerve and said that punk was in it from the beggining thats why it was his match against CeNa they debueted in,and thats why they took out taker,and now they dominate the 2 brands...but i doubt that will happen

but i could also see a fued...a poster above me called the raw nexus the original one but it only has 1 original member in Otunga,to me i think the smackdown1 would be original Nexus as they have 3original members,so maybe they start a fued over who is the "REAL" Nexus...

i personally hope they save Cena & Punk for WRESTLEMANIA,it can easily be done.1st have them fued through promos on Raw,a few tag matches,then they both enter the RUMBLE,where Nexus jumps Cena & eliminates him,then elimination they can continue threw the Elimination chamber where Punk can win the belt...but thats not a singles match,so let the Fued end at mania for the belt..it would be better than a short forced fued with the Miz for the belt...the only problem with this is what to do with miz,morrison,& orton?

!!just 1 mans opinion!!

I Love how if TNA did this storyline it would be "OH MY GOD THEY ARE WCW!" But WWE does this REHASHED nWo STORYLINE and no one call them out on it! Time to stop being sheep people and call out WWE for the same shit! :banghead:

I think it would be annoying and unfair to the fans to have Nexus dominate the Royal Rumble and then have Punk win it. This concept JUST happened two years ago when Legacy helped Randy Orton win the Rumble in 2009. This type of repetition should be avoided and while Punk is my pick to win the Rumble this year, I don't think it will purely be because of Nexus the way that Orton's win was purely because of Legacy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back