90's Bracket; Round 1, Match 12- 12) The Usual Suspects vs. 21) Being John Malkovich

Which is the better movie?

• The Usual Suspects

• Being John Malkovich

Results are only viewable after voting.

Papa Shango

Frontman of the WZ Band!!
The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 1990's Bracket;
Round 1, Match 12

The Usual Suspects

039_44628~The-Usual-Suspects-Posters.jpg

vs.

Being John Malkovich

being-john-malkovich.jpg

I am going with The Usual Suspects over Being John Malkovich. TUS is a movie that I enjoyed watching, and being reminded of it I want to watch it again. I think this was really the movie that made Bryan Singer known as a great director. This film will really take a beating later on in the tournament due to the amount of high quality Crime movies in the tournament. But I think this movie is a better movie than a lot of these. BJM is a neat film, but I did not like it. It was original, just not that enjoyable.

The Usual Suspects definitely gets my vote. This film is awesome. I haven't met a single person that doesn't like it unless they're a complete idiot that thought there "weren't enough explosions and shit". Every actor creates a believable character that fits snug in the lineup (pun intended). The ending is a mind blower and isn't just some unnecessary 180 to try to shock the audience (I'm looking at YOU M. Night!)

"His name is Verbal. Verbal Kint."
"Verbal?"
"Yeah."
"Roger, really. People say I talk too much."
"Yeah I was just about to tell you to shut up."

The Usual Suspects.

Before I say anything else, I insist that NOONE MUST REVEAL ANY DETAILS INVOLVING THE ENDING TO THE USUAL SUSPECTS. It ruins it for anyone who has yet to see it.

I love both of these films. I haven't quite decided who I'm going to vote for yet, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. So, until we decide, enjoy these:

[youtube]QbQWBTY4co8&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]icysehz-OVc[/youtube]

As great of a film Malkovich is, its out of its league here. The US I thought should be higher up in this decade, but I couldn't think of what to put in its place. It is great all over the place in so many ways. If you haven't seen it yet, I implore you to go either watch it or download it. To me, more mind blowing than Sixth Sense. Just simply amazing all around, and it beats a great film into the ground.

I like John Malkovich, but really never understood all of the unabashed love that this movie was shown. Hell, ESPN even went onto make a series of Commercials using this movie as the backdrop. It's an enjoyable flick, but it's enjoyable, not a memorable movie.

The Usual Suspects is bad ass. Kevin spacey is fucking amazing, and this role further solidified his place in the acting community. He put out some tremendous roles in the span of a few years with this, Se7en, American Beauty, and yadda yadda yadda. This movie is full of twist and turns, and the ending is simply the best plot twist I have seen in years

These are both outstandingly well made films. Both are original, entertaining, and enthraling like any good film should be.

The only fault I can find for either film is that they really don't make you want to watch them again. Once you have seen the twist ending of Suspects or sat uncomfortably through John Cusack's eerie performance in Malkovich, you really don't think "Oh man, that was fun, lets do it again". Of course you should watch both films again, just to discover each film's little details.

I don't really know which way to go on this one.

I can actually sit through both movies over and over again. Malkovich is beautiful and funny, and The Usual Suspects is absolutely riveting, and one of those movies where each time you see it, you catch something you didn't see before. Trust me, there's nothing more infuriating than watching Suspects for the 2nd time. You're watching it the whole time going, "Of course!!"

I think I'm going to have to go with The Usual Suspects on this one. Both are great, but The Usual Suspects is one of the few movies that has grabbed the attention of every person who's ever seen it. I've never met a single person who wasn;t completely blown away by it. My mom insists she had a pretty good idea how it was gonna end, but she always HAS to be right, so I doubt she actually knew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back