Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 1970's Bracket;
Round 1, Match 12

Superman
Superman-Movie-Poster.jpg

Vs.

Blazing Saddles
blazing_saddles.jpg

Superman wins this in a blowout. I have never seen the appeal of Blazing Saddles. The western genre needed to be parodied, but to me it just didn't work. Wilder is good, but that's about it. Superman was the greatest superhero movie for over a decade. It nailed everything it was tryign to do. The ending is great and Reeves nailed it to no end. The whole movie is just perfect and feels like a superhero movie. You really do believe a man can fly, just like the tag line says.

Blazing Saddles gets my vote here. I just love this movie, from a town where everyone has the same name, to a black sheriff who came into save that same town against the evil railway. It was a great comedy, one of the best Slap Sticks of all time. Superman on the other hand was never an attraction for me. I never liked the movies as a kid, and when I tried to watch the original when the Remake was released, I couldn't sit through it.

Hopefully, Kasey doesn't make his way back into these forums, because he is a staunch Superman Honk that will destroy you if you vote against the Man of Steel.

However, I'm going to do just that. It's blasphemy, I know. I'm an 80's kid growing up with Superman, but I never understood the appeal of this movie. In fact, the 2nd movie is a far superior flick to the original. The first movie simply crawls at a snails pace. The origin story is so long, and very drawn out. I tried to watch this movie again a few years ago and simply couldn't do it. Gene Hackmans Luther is more obnoxious then villianous, and the climax is about as anti-climactic as it gets.

Blazing Saddles however, is one of Mel Brooks best written comedies. You couldn't get away with a tenth of the humor in that movie today. The jokes just hit, and the story moves right along. I don't feel dragged down after w atching this movie like I do Superman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back