Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 1970's Bracket;
Round 1, Match 13

The Exorcist
exorcist.jpg

Vs.

M*A*S*H
mash.jpg

Here we have a movie that is legitamtely scary upon first viewing, and a movie that will always be better remembered for the tv series it inspired. MASH is a series/movie that I've never been taht into, but there's no denying its place in pop culture. That being said, I'm picking Exorcist. It is the more iconic film, and is just better to me. There's nothing quite like being scared of a movie, and this is one of the best ever at doing that.

PErsonally, I prefer M*A*S*H. It's a very funny movie, one of Robert Altman's best, and was just a perfect allegory to the condition America was in at the time of the movie's release. And I really think the satire can be easily related now, given the state the world is in now. The Exorcist is a scary movie, for sure, but I'm unable to see how they really compare as films. M*A*S*H, hands down.

Ill vote for the Excorcist here. I can honestly say I was not at all scared by it. I am voting though on the fact that it was such a talked about movies in the 70s, the 80s, 90s, and still today people recommend it for a great horror movie watch. It has inspired horrible sequels and remakes, it has inspire parodies. It has inspired me to vote for it due to the fact it is a treasure of a movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back