Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 1970's Bracket;
Round 1, Match 11

Alien
alien_poster.jpg

Vs.

The Sting
B0009X766Y.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Oh it is defiantly Alien here. I loved the entire Quadtilogy of the Aliens. Is that the right word? I don't think so. Well anyways, Alien is a great movie, a great sci fi movie, and a great scary movie. It has spawned 3 sequels, and also has made appearances opposite Predator. It isnt uncommon for me to want to watch Alien, with all of its brothers in a row. The Sting on the other hand, I was not a great fan of. Maybe I jsut wasnt in the right state of movie watching mind. I only ever watched it on TV once, so maybe I need to give it another chance. But that would just be to like it. Alien still gets the win here.

Alien, and it isn't even close. I was in college 7 years ago, and remember talking to 30-40 something year old professors about the horror and scary movie genres, and every male said without question, Alien was the scariest movie ever.

In Space, no one can hear you Scream. That was it, that was the preview, you had no fucking idea what you were getting into. I can understand those that watch it today that have never seen it not liking the movie. It has a slow start, but it's a plot developer. It moves along at a nice pace and then proceeds to scare the holy shit out of you.

The Sting is such a fantastic movie. 7 Academy Awards, including best picture, at it deserves it. Everything clicks in this movie. I've come to the conclusion that Robert Redford and Paul Newman (RIP, a great man) just could do no wrong together. I highly suggest anyone with an afternoon to spare, just kick back and make a double feature out of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, and The Sting.
[youtube]FCfflhAHbT0&feature=related[/youtube]

But that being said, I MUST vote for Alien. I just bought it on DVD a couple days ago and re-watched, and I had just as many chills as I did when I first saw back when I was 12-years-old. Easily one of the catchiest taglines in movie history: In space, no one can hear you scream. There are very few horror-sci fi's that I enjoy, but Alien is one of them.

[youtube]SltT-_PEibU&feature=related[/youtube]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back