Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 1970's Bracket;
Round 1, Match 15

Animal House
AnimalHouse1-751630.jpg

Vs.

Annie Hall
annie_hall.jpg

I have never seen the appeal of Annie Hall. It is overblown and just dull to me. It also took best picture away from Star Wars, for which I will never forgive it. It may be seen as the best romantic comedy of all time and taht may be, but it is about to get slaughtered.

Animal House may be the greatest comedy of all time. John Belushi is an absolute god in this. For all the Van Wilders and American Pies, they all should bow down to this movie. If you haven't seen it, get off WZ and go rent it. You will be glad you did.

Animal House, definitely. I have to agree with KB here in that I don't see what's so fascinating about Annie Hall. Animal House may not be Best Picture material, nor is it going to win Best Visual Effects or anything, and it didn't "revolutionize the film industry", but its a classic! Damn near every school related comedy is compared to it and none of them match up.

Otter: Let me give you a hint. She's got a couple of major-league yabbos.
Boon: Beverly!
Otter: No. But you're getting warmer. Here's another: "Oh God, Oh God, OH GOD!"
Boon: Marlene! Don't tell me you're gonna pork Marlene Desmond!
Otter: Pork?
Boon: You're gonna hump her brains out, aren't you?
Otter: Boon, I anticipate a deeply religious experience.

The horse scene? The ladder scene? Etc etc etc.

To paraphrase: See if you can guess what I'm voting for now...

Animal House.

Annie Hall, I'm one of those bitter Star Wars fans that despises every second of this movie out of the sheer fact that this, this beat out Star Wars for picture of the year. To tell the truth, I hardly find any of Woody Allen's stuff amusing in the slightest. I'm just out of touch or he was to far before my time to be relevant. This movie bores me.

Animal House is a good flick. I won't call it great, because it's not. It's a nice fun, stereotypical college kid movie. This is the role Belushi has been immortalized with.

Animal House. Without it, what would Freshmen University students emulate? Do you know how many Toga Parties Ive been to that were just drunken imitations of Animal House? At least one. It is a great comedies, and has the distinction of one of the few comedies from the 70s that can still be enjoyed by people now adays, used to expecting high quality pictures. Belushi lives on in the Movie Tourny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back