Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 1990's Bracket;
Round 1, Match 15

The Lion King
lion_king_ver1.jpg

Vs.

Se7en
177815.jpg

So we have the embodiment of sin, against a classic work of animation. What does my inner child say? It says, HAKUNA MATATA! Of course i'm voting Lion King. It is a classic in every sense of the word. The songs are great, Scar is pure evil, you'll laugh at it, and the animation is breathtaking. Se7en has its moments and is also very good, but Lion King is simply better.

Se7en has its moments and is also very good, but Lion King is simply better.

Sums up my point of view. The Lion King is one of the few Disney films I'd still be able to watch, and although the middle segments with Simba growing up are a little more difficult to watch the older I get, that balances out the fact that I feel Se7en is slightly overrated. Interesting, sure, but I don't think its some perfect movie. TLK isn't either, but when you can simultaneously tackle "kids film" as well as "good film", its worthy of my vote.

The Lion King.

God how I hate this matchup. I mean really. We have the epitome of my childhood, and the epitome of sin. Both are great to me. Seven is a flick that you can put in every now and then and catch something new every time. Plus it has some insanely creepy spots in it. The Lion King though is a movie I could watch anywhere at anytime. Fuck I loved this movie. I cried when Mufasa died, no joke. Im going to go with The Lion King, but its actually very close.

I agree here, this is a hard matchup. But that said, the best Animation, the best Disney has ever done is Lion King. It is one of the best shows I have ever watched. From the stampede, to the love, to the great soundtrack, it truly is the best family movie on earth. Se7en to its credit is also a great movie. I love the story line, the deep meaning, the killings, everything. Again like some other matchups, it could go either way, and I wouldnt be mad.

Lion King actually made me love Lions. The actual animal. No lie. Truthfully, I feel it was one of the best disney movies. It has good voice acting, good storyline and good characters. Plus, Scar was an evil Nazi man. Mufasa dying was sad but I dont cry about it anymore. But I would definately show Lion King to my kids if they were old enough (so they could understand)

I'm a 21 year old who still loves Disney. One of the joys of the last five years of my life has been going back and watching all of the classic movies of my childhood that I haven't seen for years. The Toy Storys, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, and Nightmare Before Xmas have been an absolute blast to return to.

You would think that the Lion King, the king of all Disney movies, would be the most likely to reignite my Disney flame. But when I watched it again it just couldn't hold my attention. It was alright, but just wasn't outstanding. It's Hamlet, but with lions. The animation is the best that you can get from disney, but it still wasn't that fantastic.

Se7en on the other hand, was a terrifically acted, original, genuinely creepy psychological thriller. And it is awesome. It may be the unpopular choice, but I'm going to go with Se7en here.

I thought this would be a lot closer. Where's Sam when you need him. If he likes Fight Club & Zodiac, he must love Seven. Is it better than The Lion King? No. Is The Lion King better than Seven? Not at all. Seven is more than a twist ending, it would have worked anyway. It really is just down to which I prefer.

You really are the worst 15-30 year olds ever. Nobody show David Fincher this site, he'd cry tears of blood and reign down bloody vengeance on all of you.

I suppose it does come to personal taste, but Lion King's got the completely unfair nostalgia factor. Otherwise, Se7en would clean up. Great movie. Better than Saw, that's for fucking sure.

Is Zodiac even in this tournament? If it is, I've got to save it while I can. I got the Director's Cut, doncha know.

Edit: Everyone remember to go and see the Curious Case of Benjamin Button, starring Brad Pitt and directed by David Fincher. Do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back