Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 2000's Bracket;
Round 1, Match 15

Juno
juno-poster2-big.jpg

Vs.

Ocean's Eleven
oceans_11.jpg

This one is the easiest of the whole thign for me. Juno is one of my all tiem favorites. I love Ellen Page and Michael Cera and they nail this one. The cast was perfect and the story is heartwarming. Throw in the great dialogue and all the cheesy stuff that I love, and this is easily a classic for me.

On the other hand, I'll be in the minority, but I didn't like Ocean's 11. It had great hype, but when I watched it i didn't like it. It was decent enough to pass an hour and 45 minutes, but nothing great at all. Just overrated and nothing memorable. Page and Cera take it.

I have no idea why Ocean's Eleven is even here. Good film. But not amazing. If it wasn't for the pointless equels then it would be all but forgotten by now. At least Juno got some awards when it was released.

Since I hate washouts, Ill go with Oceans Eleven. Not a great film, but an entertaining film. I guess you would say it is highlighted by the Rat Pack of our time, if you think they compete with the Rat Pack of the High Sixties. Its a good movie, and I liked the sequels as well. I picked it over Juno, just because I sometimes get upset with being bombarded about how "great" a movie is, and I have to see it. I did see it. It was good. It wasn't great. I have seen a lot better, and Oceans Eleven is at least a movie I can watch multiple times.

I love Ocean's Eleven. It's very rare nowadays to get an ensemble of the biggest names in Hollywood, and actually have the movie be entertaining. It's a very, smart, sexy, funny movie, and Brad Pitt shines, stealing the spotlight at times from his equally talented co-stars. It just has that "It" factor, that makes it so good. It's one hell of a heist movie.

Ocean's Eleven is one of the most fun, classiest films since Goodfellas. Maybe it wasn't "spectacular" like Jake said, but it was still a fun film with some impactful characters and actors, as well as some very enjoyable dialouge. Despite being a relatively involved heist, I never felt lost in the details. The storytelling was simple enough to be followed by most audiences, without insulting my intelligence.

One of the really neat things about this film was the chemistry the characters had together. I left the film feeling that many of them were real-life friends who played off each other very well. Now, that also means that the characters weren't much of a stretch from the actors who portrayed them. But that's alright - I enjoyed it all the same.

Let's see. This one is simple. One of them has Matt Damon, and the other doesn't. My vote goes to Ocean's Eleven.

However, since that won't be enough to avoid a spamming warning, allow me to talk a little about Juno. The movie sucks and sucks hard. I don't see what the appeal to it is. It was boring, terrible, and uninteresting. "Oooh, a film about teenage pregnancy". Big deal. The movie was terrible.

Ocean's Eleven was interesting and had Matt Damon. That alone gives this an easy win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back