1990's Bracket; Round 3, Match 1- 1) Schindler's List vs. 12) The Usual Suspects

Which is the better movie?

• Schindler's List

• The Usual Suspects

Results are only viewable after voting.

Papa Shango

Frontman of the WZ Band!!
The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 1990's Bracket;
Round 3, Match 1

Schindler's List

schindlers-list-DVDcover.jpg

vs.

The Usual Suspects

The_Usual_Suspects_DVD.jpg

Schindler's List is one of the most powerfullest films ever. It really was almost perfectly made from the script, editing, cinematography, and score everything in the film is almost flawless. Also the story itself is very heartfelt and meaningful and down in such a great way. Liam Neeson was brilliant in it and I will say that this is Speilbergs best film. It was ranked #8 on AFI Best 100 Movies and is an Oscar best picture winner as well. The Usual Suspects is good but had nowhere near the impact as Schindler did.

The Usual Suspects is good but had nowhere near the impact as Schindler did.

I'm not sure if that's a fair assessment to make. They are two completely different movies. The Usual Suspects is a crime thriller, a genre that was considered B-list at the time, with the exception of a few indie hits, such as Blue Velvet and Pulp Fiction. And it was made for less than half the budget of Schindler's List. Schindler's List is an epic, and something that is known as "Oscar bait", a movie that's pretty much made solely for the critical acknowledgment. And yet, despite their huge differences, they both turned a large profit, both yielded some hefty Academy Award wins (in fact, The Usual Suspects went 2-0 for their Oscar nominations, Best Original Screenplay and Best Supporting Actor- Kevin Spacey). Both receive large recognition by the AFI, and are considered all-time classics in their genres. So don't brush The Usual Suspects aside just because it's up against a big-name director who made a movie about true events.

The Schindlers List overtakes The Usual Suspects here. TUS is a good film, and can be considered an interesting hyped cult classic. But it stands against one of the pillars of the movie industry here in Schindlers List. SL, from its amazing acting, to its impressive cinemotography, to the top notch directing, it is amazing. The most important part of the film however is the story it gives its audience. The powerful story of the holocaust, made to perfection. Some may argue that it inspired hate, I however argue, it inspire hope.

When I said impact, I was talking more about in film history. When people talk about the greatest movies ever Schindler's List usually makes the list, whereas The Usual Suspect probably doesn't instantly come to mind. But regardless if Schindler's List was used as "oscar bait" or such it still is a great movie and I think it was overall better(story, directing, acting, cinematography, score) and that's why I voted for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back