90's Bracket; Round 1, Match 7- 7)The Silence of the Lambs vs. Good Will Hunting

Which is the better movie?

• The Silence of the Lambs

• Good Will Hunting

Results are only viewable after voting.

Papa Shango

Frontman of the WZ Band!!
The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 1990's Bracket;
Round 1, Match 7

The Silence of the Lambs
hanibal-l-431x300.jpg

vs.

Good Will Hunting

fcs_jy26_1_01.jpg

Two excellent films, with some impactful dialouge.

But it isn't close. Slience of the Lambs is one of the greatest Thriller / Horror films in history, with one of the most iconic characters in the history of cinema with Hannibal Lecter. A character so strong, that despite being a crazed serial killer, he became a partial protagonist.

SOTL is also the only film in history to sweep all 5 major Academy Awards in one year (Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Director, Best Orig. Screenplay) back in 1990, beating out juggernauts like Goodfellas.

I expect Silence of the Lambs to make an honest run at winning this tournament.

I spoke too soon. Silence of the Lambs is the perfect movie. no doubt about it in my mind. this movie was perfect from an acting, directing, story telling, or anything that you could possibly throw in there to describe it. It honestly is the one movie I feel has the best chance of knocking off the over rated Godfather.

I love Good Will Hunting, but there is nothing in that movie that remotely could be compared to the worst thing of Silence of the Lambs.

Good Will Hunting is a movie where I finished watching it and just kind of wondered why i watched it, but still enjoyed myself. Its just kind of off beat, but it makes things work for itself. Its problem was it came out the same year as Titanic, leaving it with absolutely no chance to survive.

Now, onto the main event. SOTL is an absolute classic. It sewpt the major awards which hasn't been done in years. Jodie Foster is classic, but Hopkins steals the show. Period. As Shocky more or less said, show me one thing wrong with this movie.

I am starting this out like everyone else, but we have to give some props to Good Will Hunting. It was a godo movie, well written, and had a great story line, but it will never be considered the best movie of all time. Silence of the Lambs could be. I've heard people say it. It was twisted. Anthony Hopkins was amazing. The movie was just so great. It showed us how a movie could be filled with some very strange characters, but be made in such a way that the characters add to the mosaic of a great movie.

Thse were both amazing movies but I will have to go with Good Will Hunting. This was the movie that essentially broke out Leanardo DiCaprio. (Not Titanic) Ben Aflect and Robin Williams were also amazing in this. The storyline was great and the characters were characters that you could almost relate to. Silence of the Lambs is amazing and I will forever hold Anthony Hopkins in the highest regard as an actor but I liked GWH better simply because the characters were flawed, all of them and enjoyable at the same time. The movie in my opinion made you think more.

Thse were both amazing movies but I will have to go with Good Will Hunting. This was the movie that essentially broke out Leanardo DiCaprio. (Not Titanic) Ben Aflect and Robin Williams were also amazing in this. The storyline was great and the characters were characters that you could almost relate to. Silence of the Lambs is amazing and I will forever hold Anthony Hopkins in the highest regard as an actor but I liked GWH better simply because the characters were flawed, all of them and enjoyable at the same time. The movie in my opinion made you think more.

Lol, come on man! It's Matt fucking Damon! Not Leonardo DiCaprio! How could you fuck that up?!?!?! :icon_razz:

But yeah... "Good Will Hunting" and will be getting a lot of votes from me throughout this tournament, if it gets past the first round. It's a magical film that I truly love. I like "Silence of the Lambs", but I fucking love "Good Will Hunting". The acting, dialogue, drama... everything about "Good Will Hunting" is perfect, in my opinion. "Silence of the Lambs" is a fun film, but it doesn't take you on the emotional ride "Good Will Hunting" takes you on. Also, Damon's performance is one of the greatest performances of all time and way better then Hopkins performance in "Silence of the Lambs", if you ask me. Moreover, Robin Williams gives his greatest performance we'll ever see from him in this movie as well.

"Good Will Hunting" is just a flawless fucking film. Absolutely flawless. I can watch it anytime, whereas I REALLY need to be in the mood to sit through "Silence of the Lambs".

While I commend Good Will Hunting for being a solid film, I'll have to be voting for The Silence of the Lambs. More of a cultural impact, one of the most famous characters in film (who has been imitated many times but never replicated), very quotable, refreshing way of doing a mystery storyline.....really the only thing that I would take points away for is the fact that nobody told Jodie Foster that she was talking like she had shit in her mouth the whole film hahaha. Silence is going to be a tough film to knock out. We'll have to see what it is scheduled to go up against in the next round.

The Silence of the Lambs.

Good Will Hunting is good, but not great. Silence Of The Lambs, however, is one of the most iconic films of the last 20 years. The villain character is remade by Anthony Hopkins. Hannibal Lectar is one of the most acclaimed characters of all time, and deservedly so. Good Will Hunting is a solid film, but nothing more. The Silence Of The Lambs displays a visceral story unlike anything before it. It should go very far.

I honestly think that once again a movie got screwed over. Good Will Hunting is a fantastic movie, and it is what it is. I enjoyed it thoroughly. But really its up against one of the best films of all time. Everybody seems to have seen Silence Of The Lambs. I know I did, and I personally loved it, I got lost in the script and the acting. Made me forget I was watching a movie at times. Which to me is a sign of a great film. I will save more ammo for later rounds, but Silence Of The Lambs takes it here.

It is a shame that Good Will Hunting had to be matched against Silence of the Lambs in the first round. Against many other films, Hunting would no doubt have advanced...but, against Hannibal Lecter, Matt Damon is gonna be eaten by the competition. Silence teaches us the inner evil that lurks within us all...be honest, how many of you cheered for Lecter to escape by using the guard's face as a disguise? I know I did. The fact that I could cheer for a cannibal with multiple deaths to his credit, without a single bit of remorse demonstrates how effective the movie was. GWH gave us some great Boston lines, like dem apples, etc, but, being matched against Silence was not Good for Will Hunting.

I loved Good Will Hunting but Silence of the Lambs had some really funny scenes. We kick off the movie with a guy throwing his semen at jodie foster, classic. And we end the movie with tucking his cock and balls between his legs and dancing you just can't beat that.

The last time I saw Good Will Hunting was in 1997, when I was 13. It bored me to tears. So much so that I have no desire to watch the film ever again. If I owned it I would make an effort to watch it. But I don't. Either way I think Silence Of The Lambs is going to be a juggernaut. I don't see many films stopping it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back