1990's Bracket; Round 3, Match 4- 4) Forrest Gump vs. 7) The Silence of the Lambs

Which is the better movie?

• Forrest Gump

• The Silence of the Lambs

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Shango

Frontman of the WZ Band!!
The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 1990's Bracket;
Round 3, Match 4

Forrest Gump

510018~Forrest-Gump-Posters.jpg

vs.

The Silence of the Lambs

The_Silence_of_the_Lambs_poster.jpg

Well I was glad that Forrest Gump went over Shawshank Redemption, but was disgusted when Silence of The Lambs went over Jurassic Park. Silence is a good movie, but its not an overly great movie. It has a following yes, but its not a movie that people have as their favorite. Forrest Gump on the other hand has a great chance to go over here and win this entire tournament. If anything, it inspires people to look at some snippets of American History, even though they all seem to have to do with Forrest's interaction with them. As I am sure that Forrest will be winning this round, I would just like to point out, Forrest Gump has one of my favorite soundtracks of all time. Give it a listen if you are into songs from the time of oure parents.

This is the hardest decision of this round for me. Both films are still wildly popular. Both have their place in pop culture history. Both are highly quoted and excellent films. One is creepy, the other is a lighthearted yet tragic story. Its hard, but I think I'm going to have to go with Forrest Gump. To me it just symbolizes how a movie should be made, and it's also one of the first things I think of when I think of the 90's.

I voted for Silence of the Lambs.

Forrest Gump was an absolutely classic, and one of my favorite all-time films. But think about what a masterpeice SOTL had to be just to accomplish what it did. Think about it - only the 2nd film in history (One Flew Over... being the other) to sweep the "Big 5 Awards" of the Academy: Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Director, Best Screenplay.

And it was a horror movie! A thriller involving a cannibal and a murderer who sewed female skin into a trans-sexual suit! A horror film is one of the greatest movies in Academy history. That is a hell of an accomplishment.

I couldn't imagine not having either of these films. I just gave the nod to SOTL for doing what it did despite the obvious associative handicap its genre offered.

Irish hits the nail on the head. Very rarely do you get a movie like Silence of the Lambs that comes along and does what it does. It's certainly not a knock on what Forrest Gump accomplish either, it cleaned up fairly well during Award season, and it had Pulp Fiction to contend with as well.

Silence of teh Lambs is just a great flick all around. Plus, I would daresay that Hannibal Lecter maybe a more famous movie character then Forrest Gump.

Silence of the Lambs get;s my vote. That film was such a amazing horror/suspense movie and to me was more enjoyable then Gump. The movie is very complex and had a great script and plot. Jodie Foster was brilliant as Clarice, but the really MVP of the movie was Hopkins. He played Hannibal so well and although he wasn't in the movie alot, his pressence and control of the character was amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back