Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
70's Region - Rhoda vs Soap

rhoda_image.jpg

VS

175958__soap_l.jpg

It's a spinoff of Mary Tyler Moore vs. the show that launched Billy Crystal's career. Soap was ahead of it's time. If it came out this season, it'd be a top show. The cast of the show alone was great, and the stories were even better. Rhoda was entertaining, but still, she wasn't even as good as the show she spinned off of. It's Soap and it's not close.

Rhoda was terrible. Absolutely terrible in my opinion. To be honest I'm not sure I've ever even seen Soap, but all I know is that Rhoda does not deserve to advance in this tournament because of just how bad that show really was. Just not a very good character for a spin-off.

Soap launched Billy Crystal's career apparently. Never was really a fan of the man, but I suppose that's worth something. Soap got my vote.

xfear go back and try to watch some old soap shows. The show is absolutely hillarious. As said by lariat the show was way ahead of its time. Had All in the Family not came out then soap would've been the show with the controversy. It left each epsiode off with you wanting to see more. Benson was on this show and he played his role well which led to him getting a show of his own. It was an earlier version of Dallas, not as good as just with leaving stuff for the next show. I love Soap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back