Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
00's Region – Arrested Development vs That 70’s Show

Arrested%20Development.jpg

VS

grpstar.jpg

Note: Although That 70’s Show began in 1998, we have included it in the 00’s region.

WHAT!? Arrested Development is actually losing to that piece of trash that is, That 70's show! Are you serious!

Arrested Development is perhaps the funniest and best show to come out of the Unites States in the history of television. There is something very unique about it and whilst I can see the draw of That 70's Show, there is absolutely no way that it should be beating Arrested Development. Let me put it this way, I know when a show is good from America because it will make it here and the buzz surrounding it will be massive. It was true of Prison Break and LOST and it was more than true of Arrested Development, The story is superb and I have never shot through a whole backlog of episodes so fast in my life. I am completely addicted to it and it reads as a who's who of comedy. Jason Bateman is fantastic and was extremely funny in his role. The chemistry between the characters was exceptional and all of this without even mentioning G.O.B. who made the show what it was. Please, Please vote for Arrested Development over That 70's Show. The only thing that was good about it, outside of Mila Kunis, was Ashton Kutcher and that is saying a lot.

Damn AD vs That 70's Show. What a Tie. Both were funny as hell and both have been a fantastic addition to my DVD collection. I really dont want to vote against any of them as there is no loser here. Having said that though I did laugh at Arrested that bit more than I did at 70's.

First things first both Ashton Kutcher and Topher Grace made That 70's Show the success it was, Willma Valderama was brilliant as was Mila Kunis in the perfect annoying role for her voice. Kurtwood Smith was also amazing in it however what ruined it for me was the 8th Season. They should have just stopped it when Topher went to do Spiderman 3. Arrested however has no flaws whatsoever. The acting is great, the characters jell really well, Bateman,Arnet,Cross and Hale are fantastic in it.

I'm voting AD mainly for the reasons my scottish friend above me has said, but wont be too upset if it goes out to 70's

My vote went to Arrested Development as well, but I wouldn't be angry if That 70s Show wins. Hardly a piece of trash as you call it Dave, the show was actually quite brilliant. One of my favorite little sweet moments in TV history is in the finale when Eric and Donna look back on their romance set to the beautiful "Thirteen" by Big Star. Unfortunately all I could find was a montage of pictures of Mila Kunis set to the song, but the song really speaks for itself.

Great show that doesn't get the respect that it deserves. Those first few seasons were among the best any sitcom has ever produced, easily. My vote went to Arrested Development, but I won't be upset if That 70s Show wins. I'm just a giant, giant mark for the entire cast of Arrested Development though.

I have watched every episode of both shows and I know That 70's Show did a fine portrayal of life back then. However, I just find something great about Arrested Development that puts it over the top in this match. Oscar constantly in jail and escaping from jail was hilarious and Michael Cera really shined on this show. Will Arnett and Portia DeRossi were excellent and I feel that this show didn't get the respect it deserves.

This is a tough one, but I picked 70's. The music was amazing, the open pot smoking was daring, and the characters had more depth. Everyone on AD had their particular neurosis and that was it. On T70S, every character lived in an entire range of emotion. It really was Saved by the Bell on drugs. I loved it.

I'm voting for Arrested Development, even though I've never seen a single episode. Why? Two reasons:

1. I know if I stopped being a dumbfuck and actually checked the damn show out, I'd love it. I can tell from the start if I'm going to like something or not, and Arrested Development is DEFINITELY something I would enjoy. I just haven't motivated myself enough to pick up the 1st Season on DVD. I will someday, though.

2. That 70's Show is fucking ******ed. I hate it with a passion.

So, there you go.

That 70's Show is better for two reasons. The first one is that I have found it to be a very funny and entertaining show. The second one is the fact that I hate Arrested Development. No offense to anyone who likes it, I couldn't stand it. So.... I voted for That 70's Show because it is the better show of the two AND it was very entertaining.

Really tought choice here, I'm a fan of both shows, but it comes down to the fact that Ashton Kutcher and Valderama are both annoying as hell.

Arrested Development is just phenomenal, it's a must watch. Jason Batemen is better in AR than anything else, Michael Cera is great as his son, and Will Arnett plays a magician. It's great. I watched about 5 epiosdes a day at one point to get caught up on it. Just awesome.

I watch neither now, but I did watch them both when they were out. I still can't understand the hype for Arrested Development, and I watched the famed first season. But That 70s Show brought my parents to the TV with us kids, so that was fun. Maybe my parents were reliving their stoner days? Who knows, That 70s Show made family television watching an actuality.

I gotta go with That 70's Show here. I know everyone says Arrested Development is genius and all that, but it was a show that never clicked with me. Then again Seinfeld didn't click with me on the same level as everyone else who's a huge fan of Seinfeld so I don't know. However, That 70's Show was a sitcom I used to watch on a nightly basis, it's a shame everything went down hill once Topher Grace took off as well as Ashton Kutcher. I will say this, Mila Kunis is my Goddess and shall forever receive worship from me. There, I said it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back