Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Demon%27s_Souls_Cover.jpg

The first PS3 exclusive vs. what was regarded as an innovative breath of fresh air for the FIFA series. Will the punishing and complex gameplay of Demon's Souls win out? Or will the high-action footy of FIFA 08 advance? It's up to you!

FIFA_08_Coverart.png

I am voting for FIFA 08 here because FIFA 08 is such a game that if you possess it, you would not really have to purchase any newer versions of the FIFA franchise. FIFA 08 introduced a boatload of new features into the FIFA series that have not been upgraded since. If you couple that with the fact that you can update the roster of the teams in the game by going to EA.com, it renders the FIFA games that followed pretty much useless as there were no upgrades in terms of features.

One of the best things that FIFA introduced via FIFA 08 was the Be a Pro mode and season. We had played with 11 a side teams before but this game actually gave you the chance to play as a single player in team and experience the game as a single player. You could also play out a season as a single player and there was a very good multiplayer mode which allowed you to play this season with upto for of your friends. Basically each of you would control one player in the team and the player who would show the maximum growth at the end of the season would win the season. Another nice addition was the fact that all your friends did not need to join at the same time, they could start out late but then they would even have to perform better to win the league as you would have a headstart.

In addition to this the manager mode, which is one of the best facets of a FIFA game, was made more realistic. You could now assign dates to train a particular group of players depending upon the place in which they played on the field. You could also assess your team's strengths and weaknesses before the start of a season by getting other teams to play friendly matches with your team.

There was also tremendous improvement in the gameplay. Players would perform cool tricks with the ball in order to trick the opponent and that depended on the individual skill of the player. The list of special manouvres was greatly expanded in FIFA 08 from it's predeccesor. The gameplay was made much more realistic and it was also possible in this game to fake the direction of a free kick and thereby trick the goal keeper.

FIFA 08 made a lot of improvements in gameplay as well as modes from it's predeccesor FIFA 07 and made itself into a complete game that can be enjoyed even to this day even over the more recent games in the series. And it is on the basis of these improvements that I am voting for it.

I do not know much about Demon's Souls but it strikes to me as most of the games that come out these days. An overtly fantastical plot in which the currency for upgrading your battle items is the soul of your demons!? Nah, I'd play FIFA 08 any day. The backstory also seems too complex for a casual gamer like me.

My vote goes to FIFA 08.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back