50 reasons why Kevin Nash is better than CM Punk

This is my final response to you.

Of course it is.

You do realize that your Nash vid is only 10 hours old, and your patty cake with the Gurus was quite a long time ago. I'm glad you're seeing better numbers now, because the weird beef you had with them did you no favors.

I see you disabled the Like/Dislike on the video. Wonder why.

Many people have disagreed & you're the only guy I've directly responded to genius.

I've obviously ruffled your jimmies.

You obviously know me from YouTube

I honestly didn't until you posted in here claiming you fooled everyone. Did you forget you did that?

& you seem personally offended by something that I did on there

I wasn't. I just thought it was ******ed, unsubscribed, and forgot all about it until you thought posting your Nash love on here was a good idea.

& I couldn't care less if I did do something to annoy you but the fact remains you have failed have counter argued the intelligent points I made & instead choose to make irrelevant comments linking me with some randoms on YouTube.

Your intelligent points were what, exactly? That sometimes Nash can actually speak into a microphone and not say something stupid? Congrats.

And don't sell yourself short. Your pissing contest with that ginger guy was pretty horrible.

I can't believe I'm arguing with a stranger over the internet based on the fallout of comment I made 6 months that took me 1 minute to make. Unbelievable.

You do know that's why we have forums, right? Surely you know this since you spent a good deal of time going back and forth with the Gurus trying to prove who's vagina was tighter.

He never told me how the word "mark" was ambiguous and now I fear he really meant it when he said that was his final response. :(

I don't know what I'm going to do with myself.

While I certainly enjoyed the OP, Punk is gone now, so no need to let him bring you down anymore. :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Punk get to where he was because he was friends with a group of controlling *****? Or because he was associated with Hulk Hogan? No, right?

Now answer me this, did Kevin Nash compete in high profile matches for the highest drawing PPV events in history? Was he a consistent performer in the ring capable of putting on coherent, entertaining matches on a weekly basis? If you say "yes" to the last one, you deserve a hot skillet to the face.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Punk get to where he was because he was friends with a group of controlling *****? Or because he was associated with Hulk Hogan? No, right?

While you're 100% right on this one, to be fair, the way Punk reached the top, by whining, threatening to leave the company if not given what he wanted and putting down other people isn't exactly a better way.

Now answer me this, did Kevin Nash compete in high profile matches for the highest drawing PPV events in history? Was he a consistent performer in the ring capable of putting on coherent, entertaining matches on a weekly basis? If you say "yes" to the last one, you deserve a hot skillet to the face.

Once again, WCW did win with his presence and Starrcarde 98 was actually one of the biggest PPV buyrates in the company. The main event was Nash/Goldberg. Also wrestling was way more popular. Still the only time I found myself enjoying Nash is when he cut promos and his match with Michaels at INYH 7. So no, he didn't deliver on a weekly basis.

While you're 100% right on this one, to be fair, the way Punk reached the top, by whining, threatening to leave the company if not given what he wanted and putting down other people isn't exactly a better way.
It's wrestling. You make your living by putting other people down and making yourself superior.

Once again, WCW did win with his presence and Starrcarde 98 was actually one of the biggest PPV buyrates in the company.
:lmao:You're joking me, right? You do realize where that all went, right? Cattle prod, fingerpoke, WCW's death. If the previous Starcade didn't condemn WCW, this one more than did the trick thanks to one Mr. Nash deciding to put himself over Goldberg.
The main event was Nash/Goldberg. Also wrestling was way more popular. Still the only time I found myself enjoying Nash is when he cut promos and his match with Michaels at INYH 7. So no, he didn't deliver on a weekly basis.
Yet Wrestlemania 28 & 29 are the highest grossing PPV events in history. Not just WWE or wrestling. Any PPV. Add that the attendance of those shows cripples anything Nash ever headlined. Should I add MITB 2011? Because knowing people they're gonna bring up Cena and The Rock and totally ignore Punk also had a major match on each card.

Punk did shit. Nash just happened to be around shit.

It's wrestling. You make your living by putting other people down and making yourself superior.
And that is as bad as making your living because you're friends with someone else. Because that is also how the wrestling business works and life in general.

:lmao:You're joking me, right? You do realize where that all went, right? Cattle prod, fingerpoke, WCW's death. If the previous Starcade didn't condemn WCW, this one more than did the trick thanks to one Mr. Nash deciding to put himself over Goldberg.
I do realize that calm down, but Nash was a way bigger star. He was second tier to Hogan in the NWO. The Starrcade had good numbers, even though that ended badly but still people bought into Nash in the leading up to the event so that's a statement right there. But like I said, wrestling has a whole was bigger in the 90's than the last 10.

Yet Wrestlemania 28 & 29 are the highest grossing PPV events in history. Not just WWE or wrestling. Any PPV. Add that the attendance of those shows cripples anything Nash ever headlined. Should I add MITB 2011? Because knowing people they're gonna bring up Cena and The Rock and totally ignore Punk also had a major match on each card.

Punk did shit. Nash just happened to be around shit.

Oh c'mon the WrestleMania 28 & 29 was all around Cena and Rock. CM Punk was in there sure, in one forgettable match against Jericho and as part of The Streak. It's not like he was the big deal for any of the events. Before him, I'm sure people would be paying a lot more to see Rock, Lesnar, Cena, Undertaker, HHH... then yes, CM Punk. You're giving him way too much credit in that regard. Also WrestleMania sells itself at this point in time.

MITB 2011 was a great show. It didn't reach the 200.000 buys, but got pretty close. Last year's MITB had bigger buys. The attendance was also bigger. It had however a classic match with CM Punk in it, something Nash never had.

Kevin Nash contributed more to the business and will always be a bigger name who was around when wrestling was more popular and better, like it or not.

Kevin Nash > CM Punk.

I've been watching this crap since the mid 80's, no way is Kevin Nash a bigger star than CM Punk.

Bigger? Yes. Better? Not a chance.

Yes. Better as well. In Pro-Wrestling, the better wrestler is the one who does more with 3 moves compared to a guy who does that with 50 moves. Nash did that and he was one of the men who was responsible for the wrestling boom of the 90s. Hence, Nash is the better wrestler by default.

Kevin Nash had the talent to get to the top of his profession while getting paid big money to do it.

It's not show friends, it's show business. Back in Kevin Nash's era it was dog eat dog & WCW especially it was a shark tank. Don't player hate because Nash was at the top of the food chain. So you reckon midcarder Shawn Michaels convinced Vince McMahon to put the strap on Diesel at the expense of himself? the stupidity of some people on here...Nash was given the strap as a result of Vince McMahon being a "mark" for Nash's size & because McMahon believed Nash had some untapped intangibles that a title reign might bring out in him. So Nash (one of the most intelligent, cunning, manipulative, witty & intimidating men in the business) needed HBK to pull the strings for him? I suppose you also reckon HBK helped Nash's rise to power in WCW...Sure HBK helped Nash but that is part & parcel of the business. HBK helped Nash just like Curt Hennig helped HBK & Scott Hall. It's not like HBK didn't get anything out of the equation either because until Nash none of the big guys would sell for HBK until Nash started doing it & setting a precedent.

In regards to Hulk Hogan:

Wade Keller in the 14th March 1998 edition of PW Torch Newsletter (sample because the article in regards to Sean Waltman's firing is huge):

When Hall and Nash, and later Waltman, jumped from the WWF to WCW, it didn't take long for them to establish influence within WCW. But with Hulk Hogan around, there was always an underlying tension between Hogan and the Nash faction (he is the most outspoken member of the WolfPac). Bischoff's reputation is that he pays close attention to his personal relationship with the top handful of wrestlers in WCW, but is otherwise often dismissive, if not outright disrespectful, with the rest of the roster. Bischoff has tried to juggle the egos of Hogan and Nash while staying friends with both of them, although when push comes to shove, Bischoff -- for a variety of diverse reasons - always sided most closely with Hogan.

Wade Keller in the 28th November 1998 edition of PW Torch Newsletter:

Kevin Nash has been WCW's "back-up quarterback" for the past couple of years. He is the type of quick-witted, brash, hip leader that everybody wants on his team - unless you fancy yourself a leader. If you're a leader, Nash is the type of guy who threatens you & must be stopped. Hulk Hogan, a former wrestler by the time you read this (yeah, right) was threatened by Nash & worked hard to hold Nash back. Hogan might argue he tried to co-exist with Nash, but Nash insisted on being "top dog" & was difficult to work with. No matter what the spin, the conclusion by both men was the same: "There ain't enough room in this town for the both of us." Nash has made it clear. He has been miserable in WCW & was counting down the days until his WCW contract expired. If you asked him, he knew down to the day how much time he had left before he could return to the WWF.

The safest thing Eric Bischoff has done is cling to Hogan. No matter what went wrong with WCW, Bischoff could always count on one thing. He could say he wasn't stupid enough to get rid of Hogan or downplay Hogan. Because Bischoff knew if he downplayed Hogan & the gamble didn't work out, Hogan would tell Bischoff's higher-ups (who are marks for Hogan's name value & star power) that Bischoff made a mistake. Bischoff would be out & Hogan would retain his power.

Hogan came to WCW & gave WCW instant credibility with advertisers, licensees & Turner higher-ups. He gave WCW an identity as a major league national group, replacing their image as a Southern based WWF wannabe. But soon Hogan as a babyface began to run out of steam. His matches were terrible, his rehashed feuds from his WWF glory days were stale & WCW trailed the WWF in every major revenue category despite his presence. Then along came Scott Hall & Kevin Nash. Vince McMahon has said outright had he known the impact Hall & Nash would have on the WWF vs. WCW battle, he would have offered enough money to keep them. Nitro began winning the ratings over Raw as soon Hall & Nash arrived. Hogan saw them as his chance to resurrect his career. So Hogan, who is considered one of the smartest businessmen in the history of the industry when it comes to pure self-preservation, hitched his wagon to Hall & Nash. Of course, he reframed it as Hall & Nash hitching their wagon to him but in reality he knows his career got a huge renewal by associating with the brash, hip, hugely popular Outsiders. WCW needed Hogan until they arrived. Once they arrived, Hogan may have soon be seen as expendable. He also knew that by putting Hall & Nash on his team, he could better control them. And control them he did. It wasn't always easy but Nash didn't have the clout to push Hogan out of the top position. On the surface it seemed smart for Bischoff to continue to ride Hogan. Nash put up a fight & at times seemed to make head way with Bischoff but in the end Bischoff stuck with the safe route.

Hogan continued to make a strong case for keeping his enormous power. He subtly worked to sabotage PPVs that he wasn't on so he could point to diminished buyrate figures. He skipped appearing on Nitros that would be poorly rated (during NBA timeslot shifts, for instance) & he placed himself on quarter hours that would also draw strong ratings. All of Hogan's backstage maneuverings wouldn't have meant a thing if Bischoff didn't keep bringing in big name stars to keep the WCW juggernaut rolling.

The latest spending spree didn't produce numbers. Ultimate Warrior was going to give Hogan another burst of life. It was a legendary feud that consisted of only one match. Hogan thought with that fresh opponent he could generate ratings that would justify his remaining atop WCW. When the ratings sank & the buyrate flopped, he saw the writing on the wall. Recently, despite his repeated appearances on Nitro, Nitro continued to lose to Raw in the ratings. He got off the sinking ship before he could be known as the captain who steered WCW into the iceberg. He left just soon enough that he can blame his replacement - in this case, Nash for running WCW into the iceberg.

In the meantime, Bischoff has to repair a damaged relationship with Nash & survive for the first time without the security blanket of Hogan. Nash has more power now than ever. But Bischoff hasn't decided yet that Nash should get all of the power. Nash is part of a loosely organized "creative team" that has no central authority figure, differing agendas, no credibility with the wrestlers & a history of lacking any organization. Hogan knows the mess Nash is inheriting. Bischoff doesn't know of any alternative. He has outright told people if he knew of one person who could handle WCW's "creative duties," he'd fire everyone else. Nash might be out to prove he is that man. He's got his work cut out for him but unlike Hogan, Nash wants to build his legend by being an architect to success, not just building his mainstream celebrity status at WCW's expense.

[YOUTUBE]watch?v=Dndbp7N6TGw[/YOUTUBE]

In 1998 Kevin Nash was the leader of nWo Wolfpac which got super over & was perceived to be more hip by fans in comparison with the nWo Hollywood faction lead by Hollywood Hogan. nWo Wolfpac got more mileage out of the nWo angle & was instrumental in helping WCW make 1998 it's most successful ever year. Come 1999, Hogan realising he needed rub that came from standing next to Hall & Nash rather than Brian Adams & Vincent did the same thing he did in 1996 with original nWo & jumped on the Wolfpac bandwagon.

Attempting to credit CM Punk as being one of the reasons for the WrestleMania buyrates of the past few years is insulting to my intelligence & at the same time hilarious. Dave Meltzer has went on record a few times recently saying that CM Punk doesn't sell tickets or sell PPV's but that he does sell merchandise. WWE draws these days on based it's overhyped brand name & only a very select few like The Rock, Undertaker, Brock Lesnar, John Cena are legitimate PPV draws.

CM Punk is a mark for having a problem with The Rock because he doesn’t think you should be in the business part-time and take a WrestleMania spot from someone who deserves it (keep in mind this hypocrite pushed for match with Stone Cold Steve Austin for years). This means CM Punk doesn’t understand the concept of a drawing card, since the three WrestleMania shows The Rock came back for were the three biggest grossing events of all-time because of that fact.

In WWE CM Punk was nothing but a cog in the wheel, with delusions of grandeur. Nash politically battled real stars for top spots like Undertaker, HBK, Bret Hart, Savage, Flair, Piper, Sting, Luger, DDP & Goldberg & best them to boot while in the process manipulated his way to become head booker in order to challenge Hulk Hogan's creative control dominance. CM Punk can't even handle Cena, Batista & Orton so he took his ball & went home - MMA wannabe would've been jobbing to Glacier back in the Monday Nitro days.

Kevin Nash & Scott Hall were the originators of the cool heel. WCW merchandised the nWo, heel fans were encouraged - it was pioneering. Kevin Nash & Scott Hall were influential behind pro wrestling's shift to more reality based content. In the 90's white boys now listened to rap, Tupac bandana wearing Nash knew demographic had changed & tried to crossover. Even little things such as wearing jeans & leather jackets was rarely seen until The Outsiders did it & it became accepted as the norm. Kevin Nash & Scott Hall were instrumental in WWF offering downside guaranteed contracts. They helped increased the pay scale of the industry while in WCW. They were the catalyst for the 90's wrestling boom. They helped book arguably the greatest angle in wrestling history while participating in it. Kevin Nash redefined what a giant could be in pro wrestling.

20 reasons why apples are better than oranges

1 An orange a day doesn't keep the doctor away.
2 You don't have to peel an apple before you eat it.
3 You can't be the "orange" of someone's eye.
4 There is no colour-based confusion when referring to apples.
5 Apple-carts carry precious cargo, so don't upset them.
6 Apples come in a greater variety of colours.
7 Orange-peel juice will sting your eyes.
8 Orange-peel juice is flammable and therefore dangerous.
9 Apples make better cider than oranges.
10 Fiona Apple
11 Apple crumble
12 Apples are manly, hence "Adam's Apple".
13 Apple Computers is worth more than Orange Communications.
14 No orange variant is named after a grandmother.
15 "O.J." Simpson
16 There's no mistaking an apple for a bitter grapefruit.
17 Apples are better weapons, due to a superior hardness.
18 New York is called the "Big Apple".
19 Nobody ever says "How do you like them oranges?"
Apples come with handy stems to play with when bored.

Барбоса;4775413 said:
Suggesting that Nash should get plaudits for helping initiate the "cool heel" is ludicrous.

If anything, he should be castigated for it as the "cool heel" has been one of the biggest detriments to the wrestling business in the last two decades.

During the Monday Night Wars, the cool heel/anti hero was in vogue. Society had changed. It was a sign of the times. Good guy vs. bad guy was passé.

The biggest detriment today is that Vince McMahon still believes the patriotic red, white & blue, wholesome babyface is the way to go. This isn't the 1980's anymore.

Fans should decide who is a babyface or heel based on how they perceive a talent & their actions. In reality nobody is 100% percent white & nobody is 100% black, there is only shades of grey.

Did you watch Breaking Bad? Walter White was neither a babyface or a heel...

WWE & people like you need to get with the times. You're out of touch.

In reality nobody is 100% percent white
Excuse me, fella?
007c68e983sheamus.png

GUYS!

Neither of them are busy getting a push or even on WWE TV, so why are they bothering you so much? Don't fight over guys who are off TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back