• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

48.7's thread of taughty, narrow minded ignorance

Charles Milles Manson (born November 12, 1934) is an American criminal who led what became known as the Manson Family, a quasi-commune that arose in California in the late 1960s.[1][2][3] He was convicted of conspiracy to commit the Tate/LaBianca murders, carried out by members of the group at his instruction. He was found guilty of the murders themselves through the joint-responsibility rule, which makes each member of a conspiracy guilty of crimes his fellow conspirators commit in furtherance of the conspiracy's object.[4][5]
Manson is associated with "Helter Skelter," the term he took from the Beatles song of that name and construed as an apocalyptic race war the murders were putatively intended to precipitate. This connection with rock music linked him, from the beginning of his notoriety, with pop culture, in which he became an emblem of insanity, violence, and the macabre. Ultimately, the term was used as the title of the book that prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi wrote about the Manson murders.
At the time the Family began to form, Manson was an unemployed ex-convict, who had spent half his life in correctional institutions for a variety of offenses. In the period before the murders, he was a distant fringe member of the Los Angeles music industry, chiefly via a chance association with Beach Boy Dennis Wilson. After Manson was charged with the crimes, recordings of songs written and performed by him were released commercially. Artists including Guns N' Roses and Marilyn Manson have covered his songs in the decades since.
Manson's death sentence was automatically reduced to life imprisonment when a 1972 decision by the Supreme Court of California temporarily eliminated the state's death penalty.[6] California's eventual reestablishment of capital punishment did not affect Manson, who is an inmate at Corcoran State Prison.

Jesus fucking christ all this mouth-diarrhea because I made one comment about religion?

Coco, stop the crap man. It's uncalled for.

What the hell happened? The Lariat and Coco were two of my favourite new guys. Now they're douchebags.

awesome little factoid. I had no idea. *stores that one away for future gay debates*

Sorry, I should have used the sarcasm tags here. I was kidding.

But I was looking for this thread.

Can I ask a question here. I'm Jewish, so I really had limited people to ask this question to (whose opinion I would respect)...

Why is there a King James version of the Bible?

I mean the word of God is the word of God, why would King James need to challenge it? Does anyone else think a few passages may have been changed to justify the crusades?

Could one of those passages be the anti-gay law of the Lord? I ask, because the justification for the Crusades, and X, correct me if I am wrong, is that the Muslims were heretics practicing their heresy in the Holy Land, and homosexuality was one of the heresies they were accused of?

Sorry, I should have used the sarcasm tags here. I was kidding.

But I was looking for this thread.

Can I ask a question here. I'm Jewish, so I really had limited people to ask this question to (whose opinion I would respect)...

Why is there a King James version of the Bible?

I mean the word of God is the word of God, why would King James need to challenge it? Does anyone else think a few passages may have been changed to justify the crusades?

Could one of those passages be the anti-gay law of the Lord? I ask, because the justification for the Crusades, and X, correct me if I am wrong, is that the Muslims were heretics practicing their heresy in the Holy Land, and homosexuality was one of the heresies they were accused of?

crazy hethen talk!!

I know, I am going to hell for questioning our Lord and Savior King James' version of someone else's idea of the word of God, but oh well.

I find nothing wrong with the Bible. I think that you take out of it what you can get. I mean, following ideals such as love thy neighbor, he who is without sin cast the first stone, etc. is a good idea for a way to live.

Like everything good, it's those most passionate about it that ruin it for everyone else.

I know, I am going to hell for questioning our Lord and Savior King James' version of someone else's idea of the word of God, but oh well.

I find nothing wrong with the Bible. I think that you take out of it what you can get. I mean, following ideals such as love thy neighbor, he who is without sin cast the first stone, etc. is a good idea for a way to live.

Like everything good, it's those most passionate about it that ruin it for everyone else.

By passionate, I guess you're also referring to the catholic idiots that don't know what the catechism is.

That shit pisses me off.

I just feel they are all different versions of a story about the same dude, really. Personally, i belive in the bible, jesus, the crucifixition and al that action.

but I would not EVER tell you that YOU or anyone ELSE is wrong in how they worship, or praise god. Becuase IM not god, so I dont see what place I have to tell others they are wrong.

it astounds me when the zealots condemn others to hell, or tell them they are wrong. Such vanity, such cockiness

I'm not pissed at you, but I am pissed at those hateful catholics that use the bible but don't know where the up to date answers are kept.

The catechism makes fuckloads more sense than the bible.

I just feel they are all different versions of a story about the same dude, really. Personally, i belive in the bible, jesus, the crucifixition and al that action.

but I would not EVER tell you that YOU or anyone ELSE is wrong in how they worship, or praise god. Becuase IM not god, so I dont see what place I have to tell others they are wrong.

it astounds me when the zealots condemn others to hell, or tell them they are wrong. Such vanity, such cockiness

It's as if we have been playing a big game of telephone, and we are 120th or so in line. We get the idea of what was said, but the phrasing and a bit of the dogma has changed.

I found it deplorable, at first, when the libs in Connecticut were encouraging the state to identify the Catholic Church as a lobby group, but honestly, do we hear more about the Catholic Church's political agenda or the refuge provided to sinners these days?

It's as if we have been playing a big game of telephone, and we are 120th or so in line. We get the idea of what was said, but the phrasing and a bit of the dogma has changed.

I found it deplorable, at first, when the libs in Connecticut were encouraging the state to identify the Catholic Church as a lobby group, but honestly, do we hear more about the Catholic Church's political agenda or the refuge provided to sinners these days?

I use that analogy ALL the fucking time man.

I'm not pissed at you, but I am pissed at those hateful catholics that use the bible but don't know where the up to date answers are kept.

The catechism makes fuckloads more sense than the bible.

Why would you be pissed at me? Why would I think you were pissed at me?

I'm not Catholic (although, my mother was raised Catholic and I have spent some time around it), I never gave a religiously based answer in any of the debates about being gay, and I have never been an out loud proponent of organized religion.

God told us that the best way to see him was to look deep into ourselves. Therefore, I see no reason to dig deep into my pockets, and wade deep into dogmatic concerns to have an open dialogue with God.

I currently like the catholic church.

I'm an atheist. I think it's net force is ultimately positive, and it's certainly better than it used to be.

I think all religions net influence is positive. For most it provides comfort, closure at times, and sanity in a world moving further away from God.

I also think that a Bible in the hands of the untrained can be just as dangerous as a gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back