2010 NFL Hall of Fame

Theo Mays

Part Time Poster
Later today the NFL will announce its Hall of Fame class of 2010. Below is a list of the finalist. My question to you is, who do you think gets the nod into the Hall this year?

Tim Brown – Wide Receiver/Kick Returner – 1988-2003 Los Angeles/Oakland Raiders, 2004 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Cris Carter – Wide Receiver – 1987-89 Philadelphia Eagles, 1990-2001 Minnesota Vikings, 2002 Miami Dolphins

Don Coryell – Coach – 1973-77 St. Louis Cardinals, 1978-1986 San Diego Chargers

Roger Craig – Running Back – 1983-1990 San Francisco 49ers, 1991 Los Angeles Raiders, 1992-93 Minnesota Vikings

Dermontti Dawson – Center – 1988-2000 Pittsburgh Steelers

Richard Dent – Defensive End – 1983-1993, 1995 Chicago Bears, 1994 San Francisco 49ers, 1996 Indianapolis Colts, 1997 Philadelphia Eagles

Russ Grimm – Guard – 1981-1991 Washington Redskins

Charles Haley – Defensive End/Linebacker – 1986-1991, 1999 San Francisco 49ers, 1992-96 Dallas Cowboys

Rickey Jackson – Linebacker – 1981-1993 New Orleans Saints, 1994-95 San Francisco 49ers

Cortez Kennedy – Defensive Tackle – 1990-2000 Seattle Seahawks

Dick LeBeau* – Cornerback – 1959-1972 Detroit Lions

Floyd Little* – Running Back – 1967-1975 Denver Broncos

John Randle – Defensive Tackle – 1990-2000 Minnesota Vikings, 2001-03 Seattle Seahawks

Andre Reed – Wide Receiver – 1985-1999 Buffalo Bills, 2000 Washington Redskins

Jerry Rice – Wide Receiver – 1985-2000 San Francisco 49ers, 2001-04 Oakland Raiders, 2004 Seattle Seahawks

Shannon Sharpe – Tight End – 1990-99, 2002-03 Denver Broncos, 2000-01 Baltimore Ravens

Emmitt Smith – Running Back – 1990-2002 Dallas Cowboys, 2003-04 Arizona Cardinals

The bolded ones are the ones who I believe will get into the Hall. Emmitt and Jerry are no brainers. Jerry Rice is clearly the best WR in football history and maybe the best offensive player ever. Emmitt is a one of, if not the best RB the league has seen and he is the all time leading rusher. No way one of those guys miss out.

Cris Carter should already be in the hall. It is a shame that he didn't get in on his first two tries. He is arguably the second best WR in league history and his stats are certainly HOF worthy. Sharpe retired as the greatest TE in the game and he deserves a spot in the hall. His stats are proof alone and he has some hardware to boot.

Richard Dent is another guy who I can't believe isn't in. The guy was a great defensive lineman back in his day and was a key part to the Monsters of the Midway back during their high point. Dick Lebeau certainly deserves to go in as well. Not just as a player but as a coordinator. The guy is one of the best coordinators in league history and judging from his stats and what I've read he was a pretty solid CB back in his playing days.

So what do you guys think?

The only two guarantees are Jerry Rice and Emmit Smith. Jerry Rice is in my opinion is not only the greatest receiver ever, but the greatest football player ever. Smith is the all time leading rusher so he will get in.

For the senior members I think Dick Lebeau will finally get inducted. He was a great player in his time and his induction is long overdue. Also Floyd Little will get inducted. He was a running back for the Broncos back in the 60's and 70's and is another guy who was overlooked before becoming a senior candidate. Keep in mind that the senior candidates don't count against the maximum of 5 regular candidates.

There is no one else on that list of regulars who is a guarantee, but they are all deserving. I see probably two more guys getting voted in and those two will be Richard Dent and Chris Carter. Dent should have been voted in a while ago and I think this is finally his year. He was part of that great Bears defense in the 80's and when he retired only Reggie White and Bruce Smith had more career sacks.

The final spot for me came down to Chris Carter and Tim Brown. The only reason I picked Carter was because he has already waited a year. They had very similar careers but Carter gets the not for me. I really hope that Tim Brown doesn't become the Art Monk of Hall of Fame ballots over the next few years.

You know what, I am really happy for Lebeau. he was a hell o a defensive back but I am upset that Dawson didn't get in. For years he was a top two center in the league and he was the anchor of the Steelers great offensive line. The ones who made it were overdue except for the first ballot ones (obviously) and I can't really say anyone was robbed. Carter had Art like numbers and it took Monk years to get in. Reed wasn't good enough and Tight Ends aren't first ballot Hall of Famers. Brown had a 16 year career, but longevity really isn't helping him, he was good, but he'll be a senior committee inductee.

So yeah, not too surprised by any of em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back