Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 1980's Bracket;
Round 1, Match 8

Back to the Future
381px-back_to_the_future.jpg

Vs.

Blade Runner
blade_runner.jpg

In a great battle here, Sting and Warrior's namesake goes down. Back to the Future is just a great movie. Not just the movie itself, but the impact it had. How many times has this plot been used in film and on tv? With Christopher Lloyd as the insane doctor, how can you go wrong?

Blade Runner was good, but the plot made my head hurt. I'm not huge on movies with disambiguous endings, and this one might take the cake. Its good, but just too far out there for me. I can't believe I just said BTTF is the saner movie, but in this case that's the truth.

Blade Runner was a great piece of film making that was much maligned when it first came out. It is truly a movie by Ridley Scott that has grown in popularity exponentially since its debut. The last ten years, Blade Runner has blown into something I never thought it would. I suppose that the closer the elements and plot points of this movie come to fruition, the more people see how truly visionary this movie is.

That being said, Doc Brown, the Delorian, Biff and Marty McFly absolutely put pure ownage on Blade Runner. When I think of 80's movies, this comes right to the top. Sure, Raiders and Empire were better, but nothing screams 80's like a movie about the 50's made in the 80's.

Back to the Future takes this one for me. Im sure Blade Runners will be getting a lot of votes in the days to come because of its recent rise into the spotlight of movie watchers, but Back to the Future is one of the best examples of a good movie from the 80s. KB is right, it does get used a lot, and its a fine example of how to make a movie that everyone will like. It's just not the best movie of the 80s, so it will fall quickly after this round.

The "Back to the Future" movies are some of the fucking funnest movies to ever sit through. They're all just wonderful joyrides that take you up and down and up and down. Your heart races, your jaw drops, you laugh your ass off... every adventure movie is suppose to be like that, but most don't do it half as well as "Back to the Future" did and that's why "Back to the Future" gets my vote here. Another reason is because I've never seen "Blade Runner". Don't know why to be honest, just never got around to it. But I highly doubt I would enjoy it as much as I enjoyed "Back to the Future".

My god, this one isnt even close. A movie that everybody knows, watched, AND loved up against Blade Runner. A movie that I simply hated. Back To The Future is not only a fun film, its met with a little bit of everything. God how I loved this movie when I was a kid. In fact, I'm actually watching it right now. "Hey McFly" I vote for Back To The Future.

When you think of 80's movies, everyone knows and loves Back To The Future.It has everything, love, comedy, action and is well written.I can still watch Back To The Future after seeing it heaps of times and still love it.

With Blade Runner, I never really got into it. Started watching it and then I couldn't really get into it and Back To The Future really drew me in and that's why I think it should win. It is a great, fun movie that will never die.

Bladerunner is supposed to be this epic sci-fi movie...Any sci-fi fan is supposed to worship it...I don't. Like others have stated already, I simply didn't get it. I love Harrison Ford, I get the concept behind the movie, I get the way it was presented, but, I just didn't think the movie was really all that and a bag of chips. Meanwhile, I bet a lot more of us have the Back to the Future trilogy in our DVD collections than Bladerunner.

No wrong answer with this one. It's a just a question of if you like your Sci-Fi dark and bleak, or enjoyable and easy going. I say Back To The Future is easy going. But it's actually quite complicated. Ceratinly for younger viewers. I've voted for Blade Runner. Probably because there were no such thing as age certificates in my house when I was younger. I was watching Blader Runner at the same time I was watching Back To The Future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back