1980s Bracket Round 4, Match 2-5)The Empire Strikes Back vs. 8)Back to the Future

What is the better movie?

• The Empire Strikes Back

• Back to the Future

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 1980s Bracket
Round 4, Match 2

The Empire Strikes Back
The-Empire-Strikes-Back---Special-Edition-Poster-Card-C10204241.jpeg

Vs.

Back to the Future
back_to_the_future1.jpg

Superior technology?

Check.

Better plot line?

Check.

Better acting?

Close. But...check.

Empire Strikes Back is better than Back to the Future as a pure film. I will concede that Back to the Future may have been the more defining film for the decade, but Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd aren't going over the definitive film of the original Star Wars trilogy. Several plot twists (Yoda, Lando siding with the Empire and then turning back, "I Am Your Father," etc.) and a very well-flowing intense ride make this the best choice for this match-up.

agreed this was easily the best movie of the 80;s although back to the future was good. it comes no where close to empires star wars. star wars changed movies forever and this was the one that did just that. empire set up the whole franchaise for episode 1,2,3. also made me think anything was able to happen.

I love Back to the Future, but Doc Brown and Marty have met it's match with a dreaded Lightsaber. Back to the Future is a phenomenal movie, and a real good piece of 80's pop culture, but that's about it. Empire is arguably the greatest sequel of all tiem, and arguably the best film of it's genre, and pretty much is universally seen by fans as the best film of it's series.

I will say it again. I hate Star Wars. I love Back To The Future. That being said. I once again have to give up my personal preference and give this to Star Wars. Back To The Future is a definitive film and has inspired a lot of people and also has been payed homage to a million times. Then again so has Star Wars. I guess Im going to have to vote for Star Wars. Even if I don't want to.

I knew the time would come when Back to the Future would get knocked out. I love Back to the Future, it is one of my favourite movies of all time. But so is Empire Strikes Back. But something like Back to the Future can't compare to Empire Strikes Back, no matter how good it is. We're talking about he greatest movie of one of the greatest franchises of all time here, you can't compare against that. Emipre Strikes Back has a better plot and better special effects than Back to the Future, and the film actually looks real, wich is an achievement for a film set in space and on faraway planets. Star Wars gets my vote here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back