1 Title, What happens to the Elimination Chamber PPV

Last year they had the perfect opportunity to use war games concept with The Shield.

The champion will probably win the match. It's my main complaint of this whole EC concept right before Mania. They're planning the title matches for a long time so it's hard to take the titles off them so that's why 2011/12 had all champions retain their titles in the Chamber.

In 09/10, they had Triple H, Edge, Cena and Jericho all win the titles though. That makes more sense. These matches should usually result in title losses, with only rare exceptions. It shouldn't be the NORM for the champion to retain.

I agree it should be major feat to pull of EC win as the champion. So in that respect I believe EC PPV should moved down the year. With either the title on the line or a number one contender spot for the next PPV.

Ok so I have a couple problems with the most popular choices I have seen so far

1. Shield vs Wyatt should be saved for Mania. If you put these two in the chamber than they cant face off at Mania. Going from a EC match to a regular match would make no sense. Only way this would work is if one team split at or after the ppv but than you wouldnt be able to continue the feud and the whole thing would be a waste. This would also lead to one of the teams getting tossed into a random feud right before Mania, and I think we all can agree that nobody wants to see that happen.

2. Winner gets a shot at Undertaker's streak. There is one HUGE problem with this. The roster is way to thin at the moment. Think about it, If we have 2 chambers, we need 12 wrestlers. We all know that anybody that faces Taker at Mania will be a big name/star. The only names I can think of that even have a chance are Orton, Cena, Punk, DB, and Brock. So by process of elimination it will be completely obvious who will win the match. If DB, Punk, Cena, Orton are all in the Unified title EC than Brock or whoever the only big name in the other EC match is will obviously win it. The WWE doesnt have 12 wrestlers that can believably win either the Unified title or a chance a Taker. Even if you try to split up your main event players evenly, this would only make both matches winners obvious. Just look at last years fatal 4 way for a chance at the streak, it had Punk, Show, Orton and Sheamus. Thats already most of the main event wrestlers that the wwe has and that was just 4 guys on a episode of raw. IDK maybe Im wrong, If someone can think of two different EC matches that wouldn't have an obvious winner in this situation please post it. And no fantasy up and comer facing the streak scenarios.

2. Winner gets a shot at Undertaker's streak. There is one HUGE problem with this. The roster is way to thin at the moment. Think about it, If we have 2 chambers, we need 12 wrestlers. We all know that anybody that faces Taker at Mania will be a big name/star. The only names I can think of that even have a chance are Orton, Cena, Punk, DB, and Brock. So by process of elimination it will be completely obvious who will win the match. If DB, Punk, Cena, Orton are all in the Unified title EC than Brock or whoever the only big name in the other EC match is will obviously win it. The WWE doesnt have 12 wrestlers that can believably win either the Unified title or a chance a Taker. Even if you try to split up your main event players evenly, this would only make both matches winners obvious. IDK maybe Im wrong, If someone can think of two different EC matches that wouldn't have an obvious winner in this situation please post it. And no fantasy up and comer facing the streak scenarios.

But why would you assume there will be 2 Chambers?? There was only 1 Chamber this year, that's probably the new norm.

Like I said, the Chamber match will be for the WWE Championship. Cena will retain. It's not rocket science.

I would not be surprised if they keep the PPV as a brand but now make an Elimination Chamber for the Intercontinental Championship. They already are all but guaranteed to do one for the world title tier wrestlers anyway, why have only one chamber match? The unification of the world title will open up opportunities to make the Intercontinental Championship matter again, and this will be one of those chances. An Elimination Chamber match over that belt with some of the wrestlers who normally would be in the World Heavyweight Championship scene would be cool to see. Then of course we would also still see the traditional WWE/World Championship Elimination Chamber match. We would already have our Royal Rumble winner by then so this match helps determine who he will face at Wrestlemania.

I'd still look forward to Elimination Chamber each year. It's an exciting part of the Road to Wrestlemania despite being a smaller brand than Wrestlemania itself or the Royal Rumble. They have a format for the first three shows during the year that works and the lack of a second world title should not cause them to change what already works rather well. Just make the Intercontinental Championship be up for grabs in the second Elimination Chamber match instead of the plans that may have been in place for the World Heavyweight Championship had the unification not been part of the equation. A midcard belt gets much deserved attention and we continue to see a similar Road to Wrestlemania format that works. Everyone wins.

Would be great if they somehow do an angle which ends with an elimination chamber tag match at the EC PPV.
It probably will have only 1 EC match at the PPV,that being a title match which is won by the Champ at the time.

Nothing is going to change. The EC match will just be for the Unified Title. EC became a ppv in 2010 and in the 7 EC matches that have taken place at the ppv, 5 of them were either for the WWE title or the World title. It has only been a number one contender match a couple times, so the match will just continue on as it normally does.

If they're set on two, make the second for the tag titles or something. Something important for the tag division. Something to hype.

Do the same with MITB. One for the unified title (if they're unified) and one for either tag or the IC title.

hmm pretty sure they will have one EC match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Looking like Orton, Cena, Bryan, Punk and two others, maybe Sheamus and whomever wins the Rumble if it isnt one of the mentioned guys. Or Undertaker may come back, good way to get some match time and share the load with 5 other guys. Somebody getting the pinfall on Undertaker certainly gives that person a boost too. Say Bryan doesnt win the EC but eliminates Taker during the match, they can harp on about that as why he is still the uy who deserves a fair crack at the WWE Title.

hmm pretty sure they will have one EC match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Looking like Orton, Cena, Bryan, Punk and two others, maybe Sheamus and whomever wins the Rumble if it isnt one of the mentioned guys. Or Undertaker may come back, good way to get some match time and share the load with 5 other guys. Somebody getting the pinfall on Undertaker certainly gives that person a boost too. Say Bryan doesnt win the EC but eliminates Taker during the match, they can harp on about that as why he is still the uy who deserves a fair crack at the WWE Title.

That really shows how NOBODY will be able to grow in 2014 WWE. A 6-man-title match and between everyone, they all have a combined 3170 DAYS as World Champion between 45 WORLD TITLE REIGNS.

And each of them have held BOTH halves of the Unified title. That's just WRONG.

I want to see an Elimination Chamber with Dean Ambrose, Antonio Cesaro, Big E. Langston, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt. Not the same old people that we see main eventing all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back