1 Title, What happens to the Elimination Chamber PPV

tvcolosi

Getting Noticed By Management
For the solution I go back to what happened when I first became a fan. I got in a little late, about age 14. The first Rumble for me was 1998, Austin the obvious winner but it was stil great. In Your House - No Way Out Texas. This was the first February PPV where the WWF title was not vacant. Planned Main Event was DX and the Outlaws vs Austin, Owen, Foley, and Funk. 3 of the 4 top matches for Mania in an 8-man no DQ brawl. Now as we all know HBK was hurt and didn't go but if you decide to have a main event that is not a title match, this is the PPV that makes the most sense. take the 3 top singles (obviously outside Taker and his opponent) and do a "War Games" style match.

So take #1 contender and a title match out of the senario, what do inside the chamber now that there is likely only one title.

Besides anything to do with the title, I want to see a 6-Man tag match inside the Chamber. It's been in all the video games, but it's never happened in real life. Think about it: For such a strong, tough group like The Shield, there's no better final match for them than inside the Chamber together before Roman Reigns beats the shit outta the other two and goes on his merry way. Those are the only two ways I could see the Chamber going, it's not like they're gonna throw in 6 random guys who haven't shown their face on WWE TV in at least half a year just to say they had an EC match at EC.

Basically it's gonna be the title match.

I'd scrap it.

Just like Hell in a Cell, I think the match works best when there's a logical reason to have an extreme match like that, and not just because it's February so it's time to have the Elimination Chamber match. Plus, with the Rumble coming right before the EC, and the Rumble winner getting the WM title shot, shoe-horning the EC inbetween to me takes away from the build for WM, or at least makes the EC somewhat anti-climactic.

If they do have to have it though, then make it for the title, and throw in a side feud between the Rumble winner and an entrant in the EC match, just for some added suspense of who will be the defending champ at WM.

The Elimination Chamber this year should be the place where the Shield and Wyatt's end the feud they start in the Royal Rumble after a series of matches on Raw and Smackdown.

But at TLC whatever the outcome of the match is there will still be 2 titles. Either they do 1 each, someone interferes and takes both or 1 guy wins and defends the title separately. After TLC we will not have 1 title we will have 2 and WWE has made that clear

The Elimination Chamber this year should be the place where the Shield and Wyatt's end the feud they start in the Royal Rumble after a series of matches on Raw and Smackdown.

But at TLC whatever the outcome of the match is there will still be 2 titles. Either they do 1 each, someone interferes and takes both or 1 guy wins and defends the title separately. After TLC we will not have 1 title we will have 2 and WWE has made that clear

The thing WWE has made clear is actually the exact opposite. They're bringing it up every chance they get that there will be only one. They had a freakin' poll to decide the new name for the Unified Championship. I'm not saying I wouldn't be surprised to see two titles after TLC, but the chances of that happening are about 1/99.

The thing WWE has made clear is actually the exact opposite. They're bringing it up every chance they get that there will be only one. They had a freakin' poll to decide the new name for the Unified Championship. I'm not saying I wouldn't be surprised to see two titles after TLC, but the chances of that happening are about 1/99.

HHH - We are going to put the World Heavyweight title and the WWE title above the ring = 2 titles up for grabs

What will the CHAMPION be called, Unified Champion. Not what will the title be called but what will the CHAMPION be called = 2 titles

They should make it for the title. The royal rumble winner earned his ticket by outlasting 29 other superstars in a grueling matchup and the champion should earn his ticket through something just as grueling and a standard title match isn't usually so. If they do have the 3 on 3 I would absolutely love that but they should only use that one when the situation calls for it but I love when the Chamber is used as the final stop or chance for a person to make their way into the main event of THE GRANDEST STAGE OF THEM ALL!!! They should go back to having qualifying matches for it also though.

This is one of the questions that has people wondering if WWE is going to pull some sort of screwball ending for this match. Several WWE gimmick matches have revolved around there being two World Champions, the Elimination Chamber and Money in the Bank ladder matches chief among them. The issues haven't been addressed as of yet, so couple that with all the various screwjob endings at the last several ppvs and it's no wonder people are expecting some sort of double-cross.

However, IF they actually do deliver with having only one World Champion after TLC, it's possible that they could still do two Elimination Chamber & MITB matches. One EC match could be for the World Championship while the other could be for the IC or tag titles. Triple H is reported to be a big fan of tag team wrestling and various reports suggest that the tag team picture will be a heavy focal point in 2014, so an EC and MITB match for the tag titles & for a shot at the tag titles isn't such a stretch. Also, with only one World Championship, that can lead to WWE putting that extra emphasis that was on the WHC onto the IC title. As a result, a possible EC & MITB match surrounding the IC title isn't impossible either.

Whenever anyone says the elimination chamber doesn't make sense in terms of having a logical reason to book it I just shake my head. Every year they explain that 6 men will put their careers on the line for one last chance for a championship match at 'Mania.

Basically you either come right out and say its for a triple threat spot in the title match or you offer a mystery prize or some shit

The Chamber match will just be for the unified Championship, if they do two then this would be the ideal place for the first Wyatt's vs Shield match.

I would think that if there is only one belt, then the second match could be for the IC Title. It's a great opportunity to let some talent get their chance to shine. Much like the early MITB. Heck you could even make it a "Money in The Cell" match.

They could just hold 5 qualify matches on the PPV, with the winners going on to face the Champion in the Elimination Chamber match later that night.

I don't understand where the confusion is coming from. It will just be a 6-man match for the title, just like last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that...

i like to see tag team ec match 6 teams the usos, real americans, ryback and curtis axel, shield, wyatts and rhodes.
For championship cena,orton,punk,bryan,delrio,bigshow.
For royal rumble sheamus wins and challenge undertaker.

They only did one Elimination Chamber Match at this years event, so it wouldn't surprise me if they only did the one again next year. Personally, I'd love to see all titles defended in a chamber, or at least one title other than the Undisputed Championship.

In fact next years event could be one of the best EC PPV's yet. If Randy Orton, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan & John Cena are all in the Undisputed Championship Elimination Chamber, it would probably be the most unpredictable outcome ever. Big Show and maybe Del Rio or Sheamus (if he's back) would take the last 2 spots.

They could have the first US/Intercontinental Championship Elimination Chamber. It would be a great win for Langston if he starts in the Elimination Chamber and retains the title. There's a number of people that you could have in the match: Langston or Ambrose (c), Mark Henry, Damien Sandow, Dolph Ziggler, Ryback, Curtis Axel, The Miz, Kofi Kingston etc.

A Tag Team Championship Match could be done as well. Three tag teams - lets say Rhodes Dynasty, The Usos & The Real Americans. There's your 6 guys. The match would work like any other Chamber match and the last man standing would win his teams the belt. Could also mean two members of a team are the last two entrants, thus giving them a better chance of winning, etc.

Finally, as many have said, a 6-Man Tag Team Match would be a very unique match, especially if it's The Wyatts vs. The Shield. I personally don't want to see the match happen until WrestleMania, but a Chamber Match would also be pretty awesome!

I'm predicting just the one Chamber match for the Undisputed Championship. Anything else would be a first of it's kind, so that would be cool if we get to see it.

Last year we only had one Elimination Chamber and I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same from now on.

I personally think they should defend the Unified Championship inside the Elimination Chamber and have an extra EC match just to make it worthwhile. The Intercontinental or United States titles are possibilities. I also like the idea of the tag-titles where we get handicap situations throughout.

The final idea, that has been suggested numerous times, is the 6 man tag. It is in the video game and surely they should have used it by now. They had the chance last year and again this year there is the possibility of The Shield vs The Wyatt Family.

I don't think the 6 man tag will happen but a match for the IC, US or Tag-titles are all possibilities. I personally think we will just have one Elimination Chamber match or the PPV is scrapped and they use the match elsewhere in the year.

I Actually dont see a problem whatsoever.
1 EC match should be reserved for The Unified Championship, and the other should or could be for a chance to the streak? it would give the streak that extra boost so we dont have another fatal fourway like last year right? Also you could make the other for the #1 contendership for the title if you dont want your main event for Wrestlemania to be 1 on 1

finally, is it really a problem to only have 1 EC match a year? Personally, its just a name like No Way Out, so as long as the chamber match is great, I would have no complains.

well you would still have the unified world title or w/e they end up calling it match. I would also like to see one of the mid card titles defended in it to allow some mid card guys some time to show off and make a name for themselves and add some prestige to said title. I am fairly sure with only one world title the IC will fill the role it did in the attitude era and the US title being of WCW decent will fill the role the European title did so i figure the IC title will get the EC match.

Fascinating ideas for the tag team EC
BUT consider this: 3 tag teams in EC; 2 participants are released every 5 minutes

However i think that the U.S/I-C Titles don't have contenders prestigious enough for such a stipulation. NO;
Another way to look at it, is adding prestige to the title, but at the cost of possibly taking away from the prestige of the EC, NO.

Some of ya'll saying it's always a six-man for the title every year, but there has been a #1 cont. match while Miz defeated Jerry Lawler in 2011. That will NOT happen this time.

The bigger questions are, will Cena/Orton put their feud in the EC with 4 other guys?
Could they crown a winner of EC for the sake of just that accolade?

BUT consider this: 3 tag teams in EC; 2 participants are released every 5 minutes

However i think that the U.S/I-C Titles don't have contenders prestigious enough for such a stipulation. NO;
Another way to look at it, is adding prestige to the title, but at the cost of possibly taking away from the prestige of the EC, NO.

Some of ya'll saying it's always a six-man for the title every year, but there has been a #1 cont. match while Miz defeated Jerry Lawler in 2011. That will NOT happen this time.

The bigger questions are, will Cena/Orton put their feud in the EC with 4 other guys?

I don't understand where the confusion is coming from. It will just be a 6-man match for the title, just like last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that...

I think with 1 title, not having a title match and advertising the mania main event for 10 weeks would be good for business (pun intended)

Besides the Big 4, are there another 6 guys on the roster who could possibly make a good EC match for no.1 contender at Wrestlemania, and make it a Triple Threat or Fatal Four-Way?
The returning Sheamus is an option. Ziggler and Ryback have been buried. Leaving Del Rio,Sandow, Big E and possibly Reigns and Ambrose...

Of course, for a Triple Threat which seems a good way to go. have the Royal Rumble Winner, the EC match winner and the winner of the Unification match at TLC go at it(of course, one of Cena and Orton won't be there).

Well in theory i guess they could still have the EC matches! The Defending champ plus what is it 4 or 5 other superstars all vying for the Undisputed Title.. I am hesitant to even check out the TLC match,in fear there is gonna be a screwjob. It has happened since summerslam i want to see a Champion with no interference at all. The EC match in itself,though is just habit more so than necessary..

But im hoping that next year,it is rumored that HHH likes tag team wrestling,so maybe we can have two EC matches like JH has said.. One for the Undisputed Title and hell one for the Tag team titles! I dont feel we need one for the IC title

they shud have one match for the title have the other one 4 a chance to face the undertaker at wm it makes sense to do something else or have a 3 man tag team match inside the chamber

The champion will probably win the match. It's my main complaint of this whole EC concept right before Mania. They're planning the title matches for a long time so it's hard to take the titles off them so that's why 2011/12 had all champions retain their titles in the Chamber.

In 09/10, they had Triple H, Edge, Cena and Jericho all win the titles though. That makes more sense. These matches should usually result in title losses, with only rare exceptions. It shouldn't be the NORM for the champion to retain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back