Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
00's Region – Scrubs vs My Name Is Earl

courteney%20cox%20joins%20scrubs%20staff.jpg

VS

my-name-is-earl-save-twitter.jpg

Tdigle is pitting my favorite sitcoms against each other but I'm going to pick Scrubs. Scrubs continually brought great episodes for many seasons and still continues to this day. Earl was canceled no matter how good it was. It was a good show with a interesting premise that had hilarious episodes. But Scrubs mixed comedy with morals in a wonderful blend that I love.

Easy choice here. Scrubs is one of my favorite shows. I have many, and it's an exclusive list. Scrubs really made me rethink my career choice. Then I watched Grey's Anatomy and am glad I stuck with Electronic Media Production. Anyway, Scrubs is a great show with the narration working perfectly. Elliot Reed is oh so hot, too. The entire cast is great and Dr. Kelso is probably my favorite character besides Dr. Cox. All are good and this show will go far.

My Name is Earl is pure shit. Even Jamie Pressly's hotness can't save this abomination of a show.

Damn you Tdigle. Two of my favorite current shows and you match them up against one another in the first round. You are truly heartless.

On to the choice at hand. Both shows have there pros and their cons but at then of the day I will be voting for Scrubs. Both shows are pretty smart and witty but I believe that Scrubs is the smarter, especially since it makes less since from show to show.

Scrubs does a great job of keeping everything funny, yet maintain a moral message at the end of the episode and succeed without any real connections between episodes. Bill Lawrence is a genious and the actors are so good in their roles. Zach Braff really took his role and ran with it and I had damn near forgotten about John C. McGinley and Donald Faison.

Tough choice but my allegience goes to Scrubs and Bill Lawrence brilliance.

I've decided I'm voting Scrubs to win this entire competition. There's not another programme out there that so seemlessly blends brilliant comedy and a real emotional core, let alone one that has done it pretty much consistently for 8 years. To top it off, it had what is probably the most perfect final episode I've ever seen (The 9th season doesn't exist)
My Name Is Earl is enjoyable but there's no way in hell I'm voting it over Scrubs.

Scrubs is likely a top candidate to win this entire tournament IMO, especially with so many fans of the show on this forum, including myself. I never really got into My Name is Earl, which is weird because I love Jason Lee so you'd figure I'd love his show. But it's just...meh.

Scrubs...what can be said about it? I've loved that show from day one and I always will, amazing cast, amazing writing, amazing music, and probably the greatest show to ever successfully combine genuine humor with genuine heart. Gets my vote.

It has to be Scrubs. Poor Earl!

Personally, I was a fan of My Name IS Earl at one point and I thought that it was incredibly funny. However, it really got tiresome towards the end of the second season and I grew out of it pretty quickly. For the time I watched it though, I loved it. I loved the premise and the characters were pretty good too. However, it is nothing compared to Scrubs which will always remain one of the greatest shows to ever hit the Television, in my opinion.

X is absolutely right. I am going to put Scrubs down as my dark horse to win the tournament as a whole. It has a lot of fan support on this forum and not without good reason. I have watched every single episode more times that I care to count and although it may be slipping away now, I honestly think that it is one of the best series to screen a pilot. Braff and Flynn are fucking amazing and play their roles to perfection along with Johnny C. The best thing about the show is how honest and heart it seems without trying to hard. It seems to flow very well and I have to vote for it here. Scrubs by a landslide.

Scrubs just oozes epicness. It got rather bad with the addition of Kim in the later seasons, but for the most part it's pure gold. Dr. Cox is completely and utterly a badass and the Janitor is one of the most underrated characters in all of TV. The Wizard of Oz episode alone beats 90% of shows in this tourney.

My Name is Earl is decent, but nothing special at all. Jamie Presley and her black boyfriend are the best part of it.

Scrubs is likely a top candidate to win this entire tournament IMO, especially with so many fans of the show on this forum, including myself. I never really got into My Name is Earl, which is weird because I love Jason Lee so you'd figure I'd love his show. But it's just...meh.

Scrubs...what can be said about it? I've loved that show from day one and I always will, amazing cast, amazing writing, amazing music, and probably the greatest show to ever successfully combine genuine humor with genuine heart. Gets my vote.

You knw what's evn more amazing, X? One of my best friends is a doctor for the US Navy and is stationed right now at a hospital in Florida. He has seen E.R., Chicago Hope, etc. He told me in no uncertain terms that Scrubs is actually, BY FAR, the most realistic medical show that's ever been on network TV.

He explained that they represent the shifts, the eccentricities of some of the characters, the philosophical differences, the conflict between health care and business, etc. so much better than the dramatized shows that have dominated the hospital setting.

If a sitcoem like Scrubs can not only be so funny and so entertaining, but also so realistic, well you have to respect it.

Scrubs is my choice for the '00's, and if it gets matched with Friends from the 90's region in the tournament semis, I'll be VERY torn.

The only character I liked from My Name is Earl was the Crabman and that's it. Scrubs takes this easily because it was comedy with always a serious message each and every episode that didn't take away from the comedy. J.D. and Turk made for the ultimate bromance and Elliott seemed to me the modern-day Monica.

My Name is Earl is awful. It's boring and although the premise is interesting I suppose, they never use it to it's full potential. It got very old quickly and although Jaime Presley is indeed a selling point, she couldn't sell this to me.

Scrubs is one of my favourite shows. It's great. I love it, you love it we all love it. Vote.

One of my best friends is a doctor told me in no uncertain terms that Scrubs is actually, BY FAR, the most realistic medical show that's ever been on network TV.

I too have heard this, IC.

Scrubs is one of may favourites of all time as well. The mixture of characters from the goofy duo of JD and Turk, the controlling Carla, the neurotic Elliot, the patronising Kelso, the plotting Janitor and acerbically brilliant Cox is fabulous. The writing has been consistent, the performances excellent and the music selection is tremendous.

Need an example of the shows quality? Look no further than the last 3 mins of Season 5 episode "My Lunch" where Cox accidentallly kills three patients with tainted transplants. The death of Mr Bradford to The Fray's "How to Save a Life" complete with McGinley's performance and the use of the manic, free camera is incredible.

As for My Name is Earl, the first few episodes were good with an interesting premise but it quickly became old. Had it only lasted a season, it may have held a loftier position in sitcom rankings but instead it was allowed to drift in quality before its inevitable cancelation.

Scrubs easily. It is such a brilliant show. The way it is able to be funny and showcase real issues is great. It is able to get you sad about something then immediately make you laugh. JD and Turk are a fantastic pair. The ultimate duo. Elliot is sexy but really funny in her own right. Kelso is great and makes me laugh as does The Janitor. Dr Cox is superb and plays his chacter superbly well. Jordan is amazing. I fucking love her. There isn't anything about this show I don't like. It is just brilliant.

Scrubs easily beats My Name is Earl.

Earl was a good show for the first (maybe the second) season but I lost interest too quickly. I love Jason Lee, he's great in the Kevin Smith movies but his character (Earl) became stale and boring to me after the first season. Scrubs has continued to grow and evolve in both storylines and character developments.

I'm a big fan of Scrubs and it's kept me interested and invested during every series. Scrubs with an easy win here. They're much more consistant than Earl.

When I gave my vote to My Name Is Earl, I had little hope for it to win against a show that has such a large following on this forum. My best friend is the place I get most of my show recommendations, and she has always loved it, but I must say, I tried to watch it and never got into it. Now My Name Is Earl followed a similar path, I watched it, and I grew out of it, but then I started to watch it and enjoyed it a lot. So I give it my vote for that reason, attracting me back to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back