WZHL Fantasy Hockey 2014/15 Thread

Solid job, IDR. Your team put it all together the last few weeks & made it count.

Congrats to everyone & I really enjoyed the hard fought matches this season. Thriller took me down hard the last round & the least he could have done was buy me a drink or tell me i'm pretty before thrashing me like that....

I had some surprising players pull their weight this season & that was great. Especially happy with picking up Foligno, Tatar, Tyler Johnson & Braden Holtby to put up numbers when some of the others were slipping. What wasnt great- Phil Kessel stinking up the joint & going almost the whole season without injury, only for the last few weeks to take out a few of my top guys. All in all, things were fun & I cannot wait till next year.

We really need to try to add some guys for next season though. As much as I loved this season (even though the wrong guy won the final), eight people wasn't really enough. If we lose Justin and JGlass, six definitely won't cut it. We need to definitely find two more guys and possibly four, depending upon who returns and who doesn't.

Ideally, I want four assuming JGlass and Justin are out. Ten is the ideal league operating number to maintain competitive nature in the draft and to assure that free agency isn't a free-for-all or a barren wasteland.

I know Dirtyjose was down, but he vanished again. I assume he will reappear if I say his name thrice like Beetlejuice.

Someone else was interested too at the beginning of the season, but who escapes me at the moment. We have a whole year to figure it out though.

I do like the idea of 10 because it puts a bit more strategy into drafting & free agent choices. So if we get some nifty graphics and promise free wings and beer, we could probably swing a few folks. Maybe even more applicants if we advertise strippers and blow, but hey. We have time to work out the marketing.

I created a NHL playoff bracket challenge league on NHL.com for anyone interested.

League is called WZ playoff challenge

password is wrestlezone

if you need help finding it send me a PM with your email & I'll shoot you an invite. Whoever wants to play can play.

Can't believe it's almost that time of year again!

And if it weren't already obvious, I'm in again. Time to reclaim my title.

Ok, I clicked the renew league button went into "Set Commissioners" & my name is the only thing that shows up. I assuem IDR needs to join the leauge again firt before I can assign him as the new commish.

In the meantime, let's get a rollcall going for who is in again this year.

Once I've got Commish rights, I'll open a new thread for us to keep track of the teams in the OP and provide you all with a link and draft time info.

We can use that thread to recruit any new blood.

In the meantime, let's get a rollcall going for who is in again this year.

Once I've got Commish rights, I'll open a new thread for us to keep track of the teams in the OP and provide you all with a link and draft time info.

We can use that thread to recruit any new blood.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back