WZ Tag Team Tourney 2 Semi-Final Match 1: Edge and Christian vs. The British Bulldogs

Edge and Christian vs. The british Bulldogs

• Edge and Christian

• British Bulldogs

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The Following matchup is the first semi-final match of the Wrestlezone Tag Team Tournament. The following matchups take place under basic WWE Style rules.

WWE Regional Champions Edge and Christian
105EdgeChristian.jpg

vs.

ECW Regional Champions The British Bulldogs
dynamite1a.jpg

People I beg of you: End this sham and pick one of the best tag teams of all time and vote for the British Bulldogs. Edge and Christian may be the most overrated team of all time. They had overhyped title reigns where they hot-potatoed the titles with the Hardys and Dudleys, two far better tag teams. While their matches were flashier, there was absolutely no depth to any of them. Edge and Christian are far better as singles stars, but that's not what this is about. This is a tag team tournament, and the Bulldogs are simply a better tag team.

An exact repeat of last year's finals, I believe. Hopefully The Bulldogs will get revenge for their embarrassing defeat. They definitely should. Then again, the Steiners definitely should have polished off E&C early too. They didn't, in case you were wondering.

Both are teams which coast along on name value. Difference being that the Bulldogs' name value is deserved. To an extent. ECW champions? The fuck?

Anyway, E&C are immensely overrated; that's my story and I'm sticking to it. In a regular match with no tables, ladders or chairs in sight, I don't think the blondie boys stand a chance. The Bulldogs are better in every single area: strength, speed, agility, technique, submission skill. Name any criteria and they've got it down.

Should be no contest. Due to E&C's fans' incredible ability to defy reason - and hide from arguments - it won't be.

You know, it's amazing. Some how, Edge and Christian are such an effective tag team that they've managed to get nuclear heel heat in a tournament where they have to be voted for in order to advance, and they're still in the final four!

I hate to say this is now personal, but E & C knocked off Vader & Bigelow in a damn shame of a match, and I've been backing the Bulldogs for a collission course with B B & D since day one.

I'd be voting for the prototypical team of Davey and Dynamite anyway, but now it's also a matter of making sure Edge and Christian get sent home.

So I'll make this simple - Bulldogs = one of the greatest teams ever, E & C = great team, but over rated to make the final 4.

You know, I'm tempted to vote Edge and Christian again just to counteract this nonsense being spewed that they were a team with no merit.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to... but I'm tempted none the less.

In the few short years they were together, E&C built up a legacy in tag team wrestling that will likely outlast the majority of teams in this contest. Their matches with the Hardys and the Dudleys will remain on the highlight reels for generations, and any compilation of memorial tag team matches will invariably include them.

You can throw around words like "overrated" and "spotfests" to your hearts content, Edge and Christians TLC/Ladder matches revolutionised tag team wrestling, stole the show at some of the biggest PPVs to date and have never been topped.

By all means vote for the Bulldogs. I'll be doing so based on history and talent alone. But lets not pretend that Edge and Christian don't deserve to be on a list of the greatest tag teams of all time.

Whoever faced E and C was going to win. The Bulldogs are a much better team and they would take this matchup fairly easily.

You know, I'm tempted to vote Edge and Christian again just to counteract this nonsense being spewed that they were a team with no merit.

Not no merit, just considerably less merit than people give them credit for.

In the few short years they were together, E&C built up a legacy in tag team wrestling that will likely outlast the majority of teams in this contest. Their matches with the Hardys and the Dudleys will remain on the highlight reels for generations, and any compilation of memorial tag team matches will invariably include them.

Edge's spear off the ladder is the only highlight I can think of... that they use, that is.

You can throw around words like "overrated" and "spotfests" to your hearts content, Edge and Christians TLC/Ladder matches revolutionised tag team wrestling, stole the show at some of the biggest PPVs to date and have never been topped.

They were good matches, though I feel the MITB is just as good.

By all means vote for the Bulldogs. I'll be doing so based on history and talent alone. But lets not pretend that Edge and Christian don't deserve to be on a list of the greatest tag teams of all time.

Top 50 maybe.

Damn, what an ass whooping going on now. Kinda really shocked at this point with this match. 14-0 is a very big difference over the finals from last year. The question, what the hell happened in the last year to change all of the Edge and Christian fans point of views on th eBulldogs beinga better team?

Damn, what an ass whooping going on now. Kinda really shocked at this point with this match. 14-0 is a very big difference over the finals from last year. The question, what the hell happened in the last year to change all of the Edge and Christian fans point of views on th eBulldogs beinga better team?

The same stuff that turned Cena haters into Cena respecters. We got a lot of smarks either educated or out of here, and a lot of old-school-wise fans in. Plus, I think people who paid a little less attenton last year (when the smarks showed up, voted, ruled, spammed, and got banned), are truly railroading against E & C to repeat this year.

Just think of how much better this match would have been, if it were The British Bulldogs vs Bam Bam and Vader. WHOOOO what a match that would have been!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back